Bug in Build 2924 - Deleting DiXChat chat

Bug in Build 2924 - Deleting DiXChat chat

Started by WhiteKnuckles, 27 December, 2008, 14:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteKnuckles

I notice with the new chat module that it created a new default chat called [DiXChaT].  I went to delete it (as I don't want it) and when I did, myself and all other administrators got inundated with error messages about null values.  I had to restore a backup from the previous night and leave [DiXChaT] alone to fix the problem - not an ideal solution.

Snooze

Hi..

I've never seen such an error and would be interested in the exact error msg (If you still have it). It would make it a lot easier to track down :-)

/Snooze

WhiteKnuckles

Just found the errors in some logs I had backed up.  They are as follows:

27.12.2008 22:50:38 - ?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'sChatRoomMemberAdd' (a nil value)

27.12.2008 22:50:52 - ?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'sChatRoomCreate' (a nil value)

27.12.2008 22:53:32 - ?:0: attempt to index field 'tChatRooms' (a nil value)

Quote from: Snooze on 27 December, 2008, 17:50:28
Hi..

I've never seen such an error and would be interested in the exact error msg (If you still have it). It would make it a lot easier to track down :-)

/Snooze

Snooze

Those are not DiXBoT Errors. Could you perhaps have another Chatroom script running?

/Snooze

WhiteKnuckles

Just noticed than Rincewind Octavo that I also run does have chatrooms as well that I was not using.  Sorry about that one, I was not aware that the chatrooms part of the script was active.

Quote from: Snooze on 02 January, 2009, 11:53:49
Those are not DiXBoT Errors. Could you perhaps have another Chatroom script running?

/Snooze

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk