Dix Trivia not accepting answers....

Dix Trivia not accepting answers....

Started by Hades, 09 March, 2009, 03:03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Hades

Even thou i type correct answer bot wouldn't count it  grrrr whats wrong.??

Ptokax 4111 on ubuntu 8.10

Snooze

Do you have any other scripts running that might block/mod text in mainchat?

If so, try moving those scripts below DiXBoT in the scripts list.

Thanks,
Snooze

Hades

That would be negative sir!
I have no other scripts at all running and im on linux so i cant move up and down anything exept editing script file maybe but there is only dixbot.

Snooze

Thats strange. Trivia has been working fine for ages with no/little changes.

Could you check what version of DiXBoT you're running?

/Snooze

Hades

DiXBoT v2.1 Build 2928 (02.02.09)

anagrams work fine but trivia still not taking answers

Hades

oh just went here and same problem accures:

** *** Welcome to -DiXBoT-][-SinBin- powered by DiXBoT v2.1 Build 2928 (02.02.09)
*** *** DiXBoT Rightclick is enabled. RightClick on Hubtab or a User to access the Rightclick Commands.
*** *** DiXBoT [ Fun and Games ] RightClick Commands have been sent to your Client.
<[trivia]> HadesVII challenges you all to a game of Trivia.
<[trivia]> MUSIC:    Name the Artist/Band that recorded this song: Passion Rules the Game (Meine/Rarebell)
<[trivia]> Hint 1/5:    @@@@@@@@@    (9 Chars)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   -DiXBoT-][-SinBin- Trivia Scores:
   ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
   #1 Psycho_Chihuahua              250 Point(s)           3 Win(s)               14 Sec. Avg.       
   #2 Snooze                        12 Point(s)            3 Win(s)               65 Sec. Avg.       
    !type !help [ trivia ] for Help.
<[trivia]> Hint 2/5:    @C@@@I@@@    (9 Chars)
<[trivia]> Hint 3/5:    @CO@PI@@@    (9 Chars)
<HadesVII> scorpions
<[trivia]> Hint 4/5:    SCO@PI@N@    (9 Chars)
<HadesVII> scorpions
<HadesVII> SCORPIONS
<[trivia]> Hint 5/5:    SCORPI@NS    (9 Chars)
<HadesVII> DOESN'T WORK
<HadesVII> :(
<[trivia]> Answer was: SCORPIONS

Thats in that hub also so i'm not alone:(

somewherenotthere

also having this problem, works great for my ptokax windows hub but doesnt work on my linux variation. Any suggestions?

Snooze

Hey Guys,

I don't have a linux box handy to test/fix this issue.. So until I either get access to one or get around to setting one up, I won't be able to debug..

Sorry :'(

/Snooze

Snooze

Hmm... had a quick look and found what might be the issue.
I've made an update available, so type !update in your hub to get this fix :-)

/Snooze

Snooze

Grrrrr... when fixing this issue I added a new.. so yet another update is now available :-)
Both will be auto downloaded and "installed" if you have autoupdate set to "True" :-)

Have a great friday :-)

/Snooze

somewherenotthere

Ah you are one epic fellow... thanks snooze :D

Edit: updated it and still not working. Can you tell me what steps you used?

Snooze

It's now using the exact same code when detecting/comparing answers as the Anagram game. As i understood it, this IS working for you, right?
Could you please confirm you DiXBoT version: DiXBoT v2.1 Build 2992

/Snooze

somewherenotthere

Yes i can:

Quote[12:41:26] *** *** DiXBoT is checking [ Update Mirror 2 ] for Updates...
[12:41:29] *** *** This Hub is running the most recent version of DiXBoT. (DiXBoT v2.1 Build 2992).

Did you identify the problem on a test machine of your own and then test the fix? if you did can you maybe tell me what code you added to the script? It may be a problem on my specific machine...

Snooze

I dont have a test server running linux, so no.. Please confirm this issue on another comp. as this should work.

Thanks,
Snooze

somewherenotthere

Hi snooze. Ok so i tried it on multiple distros of *nix's... same problem, and anagrams does not move onto the next question.

If i can provide extra info on this I can, but i'm not sure what will be helpful as i am not familiar with lua and am not an expert with linux.

Thanks again for all the help

somewherenotthere

Okay. I tried grimoire's trivia and it has the same problem.  Back to a windows machine i guess. Or stay playing the numbers game :O

EDIT: Why not just set up a VM machine Snooze? Virtualbox is free...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk