Kick Denied

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Kick Denied

Started by ?ippe??, 20 May, 2009, 07:49:23

Previous topic - Next topic

?ippe??

Hi Snooze,
              I have restricted operators from kicking, banning users.

The Command (!kick) is not shown in commands (!help) for operators once disabled from CMD MANAGER.

But this is allowed from dc++

In Dc++ -> Rightclick -> kick user

There is such an option which allows operators to kick users.

Please do something so that when i disable kick command for operators and higher, the option automatically get disabled.

OR better remove the options from User Commands, as if i allow operators to "kick" the command will be available in
              DiXBoT Rightclicks -> OP CMD

Please look into it.

CrazyGuy

There is a difference between a !kick command, and the protocol command $Kick.
The latter hides behind the clients Usercommand "Kick user"
Although operator privilidges are required to use $Kick, there is no further checking on profile permissions by default.
Blocking this is possible by monitoring KickArrival in PtokaX but maybe you should consider which kind of users to give operator status instead.

In many hubs a large number of users get operator status just to get a "key" but this is a wrong way of doing things. Operator status is meant to be for those taking care of the hub and NOT to please keysluts.

Side note: It is not possible to remove or block the visibility of the inbuild "Kick user" Usercommand in clients. This is simply controlled by the user being in $OpList. (i.e. has "key")

?ippe??

Thanks CrazyGuy.

PPK

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 20 May, 2009, 13:05:46
Side note: It is not possible to remove or block the visibility of the inbuild "Kick user" Usercommand in clients. This is simply controlled by the user being in $OpList. (i.e. has "key")
It is possible ;) It is working correctly in original nmdc client, OP menu is controlled by $LogedIn command (yes that means that most clients have bug) ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

?ippe??

CrazyGuy

Quote from: PPK on 21 May, 2009, 10:05:15
It is possible ;) It is working correctly in original nmdc client, OP menu is controlled by $LogedIn command (yes that means that most clients have bug) ::)

Ah, then I learned something as well  8)
I implemented the command in my client the way as I thought it worked, i.e. it shows when user is in $OpList ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk