ipv6 support

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

ipv6 support

Started by somewherenotthere, 28 November, 2010, 12:06:24

Previous topic - Next topic

somewherenotthere

There has been a large rise in ipv6 usage.

Is it possible to get the hubsoft to enable ipv6? or is the limitation on the protocol limiting it?

PPK

It is possible to add ipv6 support, and it is in my TO DO list  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

somewherenotthere

oh that is brilliant, you are a legend PPK!

Jorgo

Quote from: somewherenotthere on 28 November, 2010, 12:06:24
Is it possible to get the hubsoft to enable ipv6? or is the limitation on the protocol limiting it?

Does your router know ipv6?
Do you know what to do with privacy extensions?
Have you prepared a support department for all the users who don't know what to do with ipv6?

This is going to be funny!

somewherenotthere

i don't get your questions...

I see the timeframe for the end of ipv4 is sooner than expected.... any news on ipv6 for ptokax?

Thanks guys.

PPK

End of ipv4 is far far away...  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

somewherenotthere

I'll take your word for it, but many sites disagree.  :-X

PPK

At least 90 % of those sites don't support ipv6.. so how you can take them seriously?  ;D

somewherenotthere

Dessamator

Well, the "experts" forecast that  there will be no new IPv4 addresses in the near future, probably next year, although the addresses will still be used for quite a while, the networks will be forced to change, because of the vast number of mobile devices using the internet these days. So while you may procrastinate for now, eventually you'll be "forced" to do so.
Ignorance is Bliss.

somewherenotthere

Still nothing on this?

PPK

somewherenotthere

Excellent! Is that the current production release?  :)

PPK

somewherenotthere

hahaha... but thanks for working on it, much apprectiated.

PPK

Next PtokaX testing will have IPv6 support.
Actually in code is IPv6 support 90 % finished in both hub (PtokaX) and client (CzDC).
I have working IPv6 TCP and UDP connections. I have working bans with IPv6 support.
Protocol extension for IPv6 support is 99 % finished (remaining 1 % is for changes when something fail in real world and changes will be needed).
For now code is missing IPv6 support for country database in both client and hub.
And code in hub is missing support for IPv6 to/from IPv4 transfers and search :P

Oh and important info, it will work only on Operating System with good IPv6 support (that eliminate preVista windoze, OpenBSD and maybe few others :P)

somewherenotthere

Neato... still very keen to see this working!

And glad you haven't forgotten it :)

Ptokax FTW!!!

PPK

It is not completely finished, but actual state should be enough for public testing. If nothing bad happen then this weekend will be released testing PtokaX/CzDC with IPv6 support :P

Electrico

Now available for download?  ???

I'm testing other customers theoretically "compatible with IPv6", but does not work either.  :-[

All this using Ptokax 0.4.2.0 build 314 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 (I've also tried unsuccessfully build 316, but I have problems with older lua libraries)

PPK

I don't know what you tested but PtokaX with CzDC is working (even in actual state when everything is not finished), nothing else can work because i'm not published any documentation. And as far as i know here is not any other client with IPv6 enabled for dc protocol  ::)

PPK

PPK

Quote from: Electrico on 01 February, 2012, 17:53:10
I'm testing other customers theoretically "compatible with IPv6", but does not work either.  :-[
I don't know what you tested but i seen:
AirDC++ -> connected with IPv6, but in commands sending IPv4 :o
FlylinkDC++ -> connected with IPv6, sending IPv6 in commands but in wrong format. RFC define format for IPv6 address with port as [2a01:8c00:ff00:120::2]:412, but FlylinkDC++ is sending 2a01:8c00:ff00:120::2:412  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk