New scripts

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

New scripts

Started by Josecar, 18 October, 2007, 19:00:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Josecar

Well, with the new ptokax-lua interfase scripts will be quite different and incompatibles for now on.
?may be the forum structure would reflect that?

Saludos.

bastya_elvtars

Of course. The Conversion requests board will handle the requests. As for the Finished scripts, I have no plans to split as long as the old API is supported.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Tw?sT?d-d?v

Would'nt it be easyer to split section for new API and old API , Least then you can point them to the right place and not have to search pages to find converted scripts

bastya_elvtars

As previously stated: after the stable PtokaX with the new API is out. Until then, scripters should learn to create topics with proper names. They can also be edited.

Oh, and nobody is obliged to use and/or code for the new PtokaX until it is stable. I think the board always supports the current stable release, which is 0.3.6.0 now.

This may sound rude, but I for one don't know about an API freeze and it's nonsense to have scripts that aren't compatible with any of the stable versions. It's even more nonsense to dedicate an entire board for these.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Mutor on 18 October, 2007, 23:29:49I disagree, the new API is here

Still changing.

Quote from: Mutor on 18 October, 2007, 23:29:49and PPK is certainly not going to go backwards.

Please do not try to give false statements into my mouth. Where did I say this?

Quote from: Mutor on 18 October, 2007, 23:29:49Why delay? Do you really think anyone is going to go back and edit posts for this purpose?

Insofar as delay goes: remember how many people (including you) were against dropping Lua 5.0 support when Lua 5.1 had been in PtokaX for quite long already. For posts, but I cannot find a better way; I have done various cleanups before and will do in the future. Now I just decided to be a little bit more ambigous regarding the board structure (or call it dictatorship if you'd like to), since I tried several times to do this in a community fashion, but the lack of feedback disappointed me.

Quote from: Mutor on 18 October, 2007, 23:29:49Moreover once the new forum is created [and let's not pretend
that's hard to do]

Again, it is not hard to do (your insinuations are way annoying sometimes; I wonder why you only apply them when it's of your very own interests), I just would like to wait for the API to become stable (along with PtokaX). This site should in no way encourage using unstable versions for 'production' hubs (more details follow).

Quote from: Mutor on 18 October, 2007, 23:29:49There is no vaild reason we shouldn't support debug versions in this manner.

I think we should support beta versions to the extent of beta testing. Of course, I am not against new stuff and like the API very much but my point is that non-release versions are marked alpha/beta/anything because they are not ready for prime-time. Naturally, the more users test it, the better, but I for one would not like to see complaints due to misinformation originating from the non-consequent board structure (I know, I know, not everyone can be pleased :-P).

Quote from: Mutor on 18 October, 2007, 23:29:49Lastly I don't think a stable release is very far off.

Agreed here.

bastya_elvtars

OK, I have created a new board in the development section. It will be moved and ammended when the new API gets stable.
I have moved several topics there. If I missed some, reply to those topics with a post that clearly indicates a request to move. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk