Phrase-O-Rama

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Phrase-O-Rama

Started by U2Seek, 10 November, 2007, 20:11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

U2Seek

The modified version of the script attached below is running fine. But somewhere along the way converting/modifying one thing changed: the correct answer by the user is no longer shown in the main chat, only the false ones. Why does that matter one could ask. It became a fashion to add a comment/remark to the solution, which does not matter as long as the correct answer is typed first.

What changes need to be made to also show the correct answer again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

U2Seek

Mutor, thanx a lot for the immediate reply!!!

I did contact Propaganda, who is helping me a lot with running PtokaX.

With my LUA knowledge I can not tell if there was an acutal conversion to 5.1. As far as I remember it was necessary to run the script with a new PtokaX version.

Attached is a version (the previous I think) of the script where it still worked.

Though I modified quite a lot of the script by common sense this is beyond my knowledge :-)

U2Seek

Sorry to have bothered you or anyone else.
But this forum is called "Help with scripts".
If my issue does not fall under that I appologize but strongly suggest a clarification of the
"true purpose of this forum"
somewhere.

U2Seek

I fail to see what's so difficult in changing the script back to what it was before you/he modified it.
-> I have no real knowledge of LUA, hence I can not tell if/what conversion actually took place (see above)
-> But after it was "converted" I modified quite a few lines by common sense (winners, scores etc.) (see above)

I truly wanted you to compare the two files in an editor.
Better to challenge them to make the changes themselves.
->Yes, I might figure it out myself by comparing and studying LUA etc. (what is API??) for weeks. But do you always expect ppl to spend the rest of their life (liturally) to "accomplish a task" before their request falls under your definition of help?

to assist other scripters with writing script for the PtokaX LUA API
-> that is exactly what should be mentioned in the topic of this forum instead of "help"

Trust me, I spent a lot of time to fiugre this out myself before I posted here.
But you are accusing me of laziness and stupidity.

PS:
[and a bit more than you asked for]
-> obviously not...

U2Seek

Wise man,

attached is a comparison of the two script versions. Even with my basic to non-existing LUA knowledge I can tell there actually was a conversion (unless you want to redefine conversion).

But I still have no idea what the answer to me original question could be.

Any help would still be appreciated.

CrazyGuy

good idea, locking topic  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk