Looking For LUA Programmers

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Looking For LUA Programmers

Started by EatChildren, 14 March, 2004, 14:42:34

Previous topic - Next topic

EatChildren

Hey,

I am running a team that will be creating a mod for the up-comming PC Shooter FarCry.

The mod will be based around a thick story that develops strong character personalities, intense shoot-outs, lots of interaction and good old fashon fun.

The programming language or FarCry is LUA, and we are looking for any will programmerrs to join.

If anyone has an interest in this and wishes to know more details, give me an email on:

jarrod_creams@hotmail.com

Thanks.

- Jarrod, Mod Director

Event_Horizon

?(  ?(  Maybe I'm wrong but this don't look like a gamer forum.....  ?(  ?(

Or can I run FarCry in my Hub ??  :D  :D  :D
Greez ????_H???z??
??????????????????

??/v\\ \'?\' ?@?? ???? is Secured by RoboCop? Created by Optimus?

[NL]Pur

i don't think he's looking for gamers.

lots of games are using lua as a script language. And he is looking for  programmers.

and if you look for lua programmers i think this is one of the best places too look :)

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by EatChildren
Hey,

I am running a team that will be creating a mod for the up-comming PC Shooter FarCry.

The mod will be based around a thick story that develops strong character personalities, intense shoot-outs, lots of interaction and good old fashon fun.

The programming language or FarCry is LUA, and we are looking for any will programmerrs to join.

If anyone has an interest in this and wishes to know more details, give me an email on:

jarrod_creams@hotmail.com

Thanks.

- Jarrod, Mod Director

i do alot of freelancing, and sometimes on for fun, modding, but getting bored with it atm, work is priority but i'd be very willing, whats the catch, and what sort of scripts u after?
Resistance is futile!

Skrollster

QuoteOriginally posted by [NL]Pur
i don't think he's looking for gamers.

lots of games are using lua as a script language. And he is looking for  programmers.

and if you look for lua programmers i think this is one of the best places too look :)

My guess would had been lua.org... as the best place... but this isn't bad though....

EatChildren

Some Of The Mod Details:

SETTING:  Cyber based culture on a large tropical island. Massive stuctures and small villages are home to the many human inhabitants, from the rich to the poor. The island has also kept its rich jungles and large rivers/lakes clean and intact. Politics are clashing, and power rules over all.

ENVIROMENT AND PEOPLE:  Instead of a "hard action shooter" like FarCry, there will not be alot of "set" enemies. The only people that will attack you on site will be criminals living out in the wilderness. Most other enemies will be developed through story, or how you play the game. YOU will make enemies based on how you treat people. The richer living live in large complexes that go deep beneth the ground and high above the surface. The poor live in smaller, less advanced villages. The higher powers control the poor through violence, but keeping it under-raps keeps from raising any panic.

GAMEPLAY:  Along the lines of DuesEx, you will find yourself talking to many people and interacting with many things. Asking questions, getting quests, the works.

STORY:  The barking sound of a commander wakes you up at the crack of dawn. Looking out your window a man dressed in very fancy clothing and armor is ordering his men to drag another man, poorly dressed, towards a large wall. This is not something new to you. At least once a week your woken up in this ghetto. You know what is about to follow, you've seen it before. The man is dragged up against the wall, pleading for his life. The commander yells some orders, and his men open fire. Who can stop them? No-one. After all, this is the way the rich can keep the poor, the criminals, under control.
(Still in the workings).

Appologies for the lack of details, I will get back to you with more (such as what sort of programming required) as soon as I possibly can.

pHaTTy

i've added on msn, ifu av it, then u will know my address

demin is a clue, maybe can chat more about what you have in mind, meanwhile, gimme details of team size, and the team style, how we do is, someone does group AI, other does landscaping, i probably could snapmy team together for the of course modding, altho im still im progress of rewriting thefull game of UT, so i dunno if i got much time, shud be able to make more spare time if needed, later, drop me a pm........later,,

pha,,
Resistance is futile!

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by EatChildren

STORY:  The barking sound of a commander wakes you up at the crack of dawn. Looking out your window a man dressed in very fancy clothing and armor is ordering his men to drag another man, poorly dressed, towards a large wall. This is not something new to you. At least once a week your woken up in this ghetto. You know what is about to follow, you've seen it before. The man is dragged up against the wall, pleading for his life. The commander yells some orders, and his men open fire. Who can stop them? No-one. After all, this is the way the rich can keep the poor, the criminals, under control.
(Still in the workings).

hmm, as your son, is pretty old, you one day wake up to find someone being beaten to find that, your son, your only son, u have not seen in 5 year, was beaten to death in the same method, your anger boils, you break into tears, and then u snap, you realise its not about being poor nor rich, its about protecting the real justice, not what rules they make, the rules you follow, its your turn to make your chance..............while thiking to yourself, the law wont do anythig about it, so i will,

alternative:

You you get to goto work one bright morning, ready for your dirty work the rish chaps get you todo, murdering sick evil fellow, your orders are to hang those that disobey the law, or those that shall not pay their taxes,
you do it because it feeds your own family at home, you wife, and son, until one day i got my orders for hanging someone, someone real close, i could not believe what i was about todo, about to hang my father, i got over to the shelter where we sit b3fire hangings take place, i decided this time to grab a gun they leave under the desk for emergencies, i hid it in my inside strap, shaking, as i walked towards my beaten father, they give me my orders, but i couldn't pull the lever, i made myself a choice, i could kill my father, betray whom brought me up and looked after me til i was 16, or i can take ym chances on the run...............[game start]

shooting action to begin with, escape with father [good chance to show off AI scripts], then a change in character and can even carry on the story line u had.......

well hope this wil be of help, its only a quick idea.........gives you a chance to get in his position, and lots of AI to mess with..........

try write out in better, hope it helps, bit to tired to think lol ;)
Resistance is futile!

Skrollster

are you using lua 4 or 5, my guess is that you are using lua 5, other wise, try to implement lua 5...

Troubadour

why don't advertise in the newspapers to attract programmers or does it have to be for free?
In that case you could release it as freeware.
Or do the Lua programmers get paid as well?

Regards,
Troubadour
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by Troubadour
why don't advertise in the newspapers to attract programmers or does it have to be for free?
In that case you could release it as freeware.
Or do the Lua programmers get paid as well?

Regards,
Troubadour

it was freeware game rewrite, but its been cancelled anyways lol
Resistance is futile!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk