DC active mode with defllod?? in small network

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DC active mode with defllod?? in small network

Started by mke, 28 December, 2004, 03:26:49

Previous topic - Next topic

mke

Hi, i am busting my head for over 10hours now of how to setup active mode with dc and deflood in my ptokax hub. If this topic is off sorry but didnt know where else to post and i think many users might have the same prob. Anyways hope someone can enlighten me on this.

I have connected my cable modem with usb on the 1pc.
I run ptokax 0.3.2.6 TD4 on it for my hub.
from this machine then i use the nic card to connect to a st-lab router.
on the router i have 3 clients connected and use on 2 of them dc++ 0.667 and qtdc.
basically i cant connect as active from the client pc to my own hub.
I have port forwarding on the router and on the 1pc and when i try to connect to my hub from the client pc i always get a message from deflood4.4.2 that i should change my ip to the internal 192.168.0.27 instead of my wan ip. even when i do that i still get the message.
Could someone please help me on this as i am really confused and dont know what else to do. i have tried any configuration that is possible, but obviously not the right one.

Before i installed a 1pc before the router i had no problems and was running the hub behind the router, now i cant use the active mode which basically s*cks.
I know that many would think that is better to have all pcs behind the router but i preffer it this way and there are various reasons why i have done that.

anyways.

I would really really really appreciate any help u can give me on this.

if u need any more info i am right here waiting like a madman.

thx in advance

------some other info----------------
1pc uses win2000 - ptokax 0.3.2.6 TD4 - deflood4.4.2
client1 on win2003 web
client2 on debian3

-----------------------------------
owner of mke.no-ip.org:555

mke

added a small pic of the network. dunno if that helps.

mke

Thx for answering to my topic! i was beginning to think that no one likes me or something :)

basically i have used usb to connect from the modem to the server as i have no other way to connect to it as i posses only one nic card on the server.

Also i wanted to use this pc behind the router as sometimes the router tends to reset as it wont accept more than 2000 connections, when my housemates run emule on the 3rd client. Dunno what is wrong with it besides that its crap and well not worth the 30 pounds i paid for it. even upgraded firmware on it and contacted a billion times the company but....

for this fact in order to keep the hub up and running, with no resets .... i need to have a pc before the router.

i know i need new equipment but have no money at the moment and try to make the best out of what i have.

is there a way around this?

again thx for ur time

mke

QuoteOriginally posted by Mutor
I would still keep the same layout as in my last post. You can then set the Server box in the DMZ of the router, this should pull it out from behind the NAT. I would like to think then, it would not be affected by the number of connections. Another question, is the Server box a domain controller or just a box running Win2k?

You may also vist the router manufacturers site and check for a rom update. They may well have a 'poor mans' upgrade  8-)

Post your progress please.

i have tried running the server from behind the router and used as u mentioned dmz to allow unrestricted traffic to it, but still whenever the router resets, (from every 5min to 2hours damn housemate :) with damn emule) i see the annoying local area connection disconnected-connected...
it like taking the plug out of the router and backin.

i dont use the server it as a domain controller but planning to eventually. also the manufacturers site has no further updates on my model, and the current update i have from them is not listed on their site as i have requested it from them on the +20 emails i sended them.

if i only could make the router work and not crash every time, life would be easy.

again thx for ur help.

still though need more :)

mke

QuoteOriginally posted by Mutor
I assume your using a different port for your DC client, with that, tho it may seem silly, access the hub thru its intenet IP [or hostname] and not with the local IP. Your hub should then regard the client as an Internet IP.

i am planning to shoot my housemate but unfortunatelly then i would have to pay the bill myself.. anyways.
i didnt really understand what you mean but i assume that u meant how i access from client pc the hub which runs on the server. well i use the external ip from my isp. before this setup i used the internal ip like 192....
good old days  :D

any idea?

mke

could someone please write an example of how i could configure the ip addressing and port forwarding based on the example network i gave above?
i am really desperate on this and this is my last hope before i kill my housemate and end up looked up in a cell with no internet and the world would miss my small but nice and friendly hub with my friendly and beautiful operatots :)

its a matter of life hubbing and filesharing

thx

BoJlk

A better way doing it is connecting the Modem directly to the router then the router controls the connections...
make your Modem forwarding ports and leave the Job of IP handeling to the router or the Server you have...
or better if you have a Server OS on the Server computer then install the DHCP feature.
If you really can't assing the IP manually...
to make it sctive thats a question by itself that i Posted not lon ago...you should search before making a new Thread, but it doesn't metter now...
Any way you need to forward a port for the DC Client...
Go to General > Connection Settigns > active [PORT] assing a number of the port you want to work with
let's say something like 3800,6669,3341...etc' doesn't metter what port...
that you need to forward the PORT you've shoosen in the router...that's a different story... ?(
Don't worry when i'll find a way doing it i'll tell you...

/edit
i have adifferent Network topology it's
xDSL modem >>> Server
SERVER >> PC's in the network
the Server hosts the HUB and Internet Sharing feature.
the Other PC's in the network are assinged with a privet IPs...any it's differnet i need to forward a port thru somekind of software on the Server...
anyway i think in the ROUTER's Control is thru WEB,Telnet services...so you should just forward the PORTs of the DC's client...the outside port equals to the inside port on IP...

plop

what flavour is the network card inside the server??
there are several (cheap) network cards which choke on 2 much connections.
for example with a realtek 8139 on win 98 the tcp/ip stack can crash on 250 connections over 1 single port (for the ppl who own these cards, change the driver for the 810 series. this makes them a lot more stable).

and check this, it's from the config of deflood.
tIPs = { 
	["127.0.0.1"] = 1, 
	["change_this_for_the_local_ip_of_your_client"] = 1 
}

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

mke

thx all for pointing out ideas but unfortunatelly i still cant get it to work.
I have forwared a port in the router 2223 and used it with dc on my client, also i opened the same port on the servers shared connection but with no luck.

the server uses an inbuild nic card VIA VT6102 Rhine II with latest driver.
client 1 uses a pcmcia Xircom ethernet 10/100 card.
client 2 uses a realtek 8139/810x card.

i have installed all latest drivers i could find and ckecked for the 810 realtek driver but it seems its the same driver with th 8139 for the driver version: 5.620.1202.2004 the newest one i think.

i dont think the problems is on the nic card though, it could be but? as i have seen other ppl complaining in google. anyways. i will be waiting while searching for the answer to my problem.

again thx to all for the ideas

-edit-
i have checked deflood and thats the congfiguration i already use as i had it setup like that before i changed the network structure. i think i have something wrong with my forwarding ports and maybe its not possible or?
------------------------------

i am a madman searching for the trouth

mke

i have added a diagram with some settings. please if anyone has an idea of how i can configure the settings on the net to allow active mode to be used with the client pcs, pop a reply.
thx again all for your time.

bastya_elvtars

//www.dslreports.com/faq/dc

i hope this helps, theres an additional link on that site.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

mke

thx for the reply but i have already checked the page and followed the examples on it but with no luck.
even some pages from microsoft tha where shown in the examples listed.

dunno, maybe i am 2 dumb for this kinda work :(

plop

disable the DMZ on the router.
the dmz sends all incomming connections 2 192.168.1.3.
and tell deflood every ip your compies/router have which are needed for dc.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

mke

i tried disabling the dmz but again with no luck, nothing happens, its like before i can only work as passive not active. the clienr running dc though is 192.168.1.3 and thats why i used dmz on it, wishing that the active mode would come true.  :(

mke

to all that helped thx for ur time, i am happy enough to announce that active mode works at last and i can connect to my hub without a problem with deflood.

the only tiny thing missing is that only 1 client can be active at a time, as my elcheap router wont allow 2 clients to be used on the dmz. only 1.
the format of it looks like
public ip address: 192.168.0.2
ip address of Virtual dmz host: 192.168.1.3
enable: tick
application pass through: tick

i can enter 5 more addresses but it wont allow me to use the same public ip address that i need in order then to enter the next client with 192.168.1.2

anyone has any idea of how i could come around this?

thx again to all that spared their time to answer to my post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk