Search limited on the Hub ?

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Search limited on the Hub ?

Started by Bapman, 29 April, 2007, 10:01:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Bapman

Hi,

I am the admin of a Ptokax hub on a lan 100mbit network and I use it to avoid the limitations of Win/Samba sharing. I thank you very much for all the great job done here but I still have a little problem : searching seems to be limited !
In fact, when you search for something which has a lot of results (for example "video"), the number of answers seems to be limited to 60-70 and so you don't get all the files. Thus, sometimes you can think that a file is not available whereas it is !!!
One more thing : the search doesn't work well with accents : if you search for "vid?o" (with an accent), you should get all the results for "video" (without) and the opposite. I was told by a developer of my client (linuxdc++) that the problem is encoding, but I changed it to any european charset I could, without any good result. That's why I turn on you ! :D

Thanks for the help

PPK

Search answers are limited only for passive users, and settings for this is in  PtokaX on options page as "Max passive search replies" (0 = unlimited). How much answers return clients to active client is on answering clients, and is on answering clients what they reply on search request...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Bapman

Thank you for your answers, I do not understand because all the clients are in active connection !!!

By the way, do you know a way to deal with accents properly :
Quote from: Bapman on 29 April, 2007, 10:01:27
The search doesn't work well with accents : if you search for "vid?o" (with an accent), you should get all the results for "video" (without) and the opposite. I was told by a developer of my client (linuxdc++) that the problem is encoding, but I changed it to any european charset I could, without any good result. That's why I turn on you ! :D

PPK

Quote from: Mutor on 29 April, 2007, 15:51:35
I do think that at least some clients may
limit the number of search results processed.
In DC++ to active search request is returned max 10 answers, to passive 5. In Direct Connect client is both 5  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Bapman

Quote from: PPK on 29 April, 2007, 20:21:34
In DC++ to active search request is returned max 10 answers, to passive 5. In Direct Connect client is both 5  ::)

Is there any client not limiting it ?

PPK

NO, as af as i know no client developer is too insane to trying to kill hub/clients connection :o

Bapman

Thank you for answering me so queekly (and sorry for the noob questions :D).

But I am on a LAN network and I think that 10 answers per active client is a far too small. Do you know a way to increase this number or is it locked ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk