Robo's Anti-Advertise list is not used

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Robo's Anti-Advertise list is not used

Started by j7n, 06 March, 2005, 05:39:35

Previous topic - Next topic

j7n

Hi!

I use PtokaX 0.3.3.0 b15.25 and RoboCop v9.0b & v9.0g. The problem is that the keywords I enter in anti_advertise.tbl (directly or using the VisualBasic GUI) seem to be ignored. Even the default ones, like "servebeer" or "sytes" don't work. I have tried RoboCop v7.0 and v8.0b -- they use the abovementioned table and I get kicked. But not in version 9 anymore.

v7.0 - mainchat - sytes - kicked
v8.0 - mainchat - sytes - kicked
v9.0 - mainchat - sytes - nothing happens

What am I doing wrong?

Optimus

The advertise works in a different way, just sytes is not enough to get kicked.
You need to use a full address testme.sytes.net you will see it works then.

- Optimus

Cid

why is it changed?
now new hubs can always advertize at least once.
or if they do it in PM they can do it forever. cuz what i cant see, i cant add to the list. and the whole point for anti-advertize is to prevent people from sending new addresses and not to allow and then prevent ;)
it should be possible that the anti-ad kicks for at least .sytes.net .no-ip.com and so on. or else its kinda useless... imo...

Optimus

thats your opinion. I don't agree

kicking people for advertising no-ip.com is stupid. There for only compleet addresses are kicked.

Second by adding no-ip to the anti advertise list it will kick all addresses with no-ip.com, no-ip.org, no-ip.info, etc etc.

So please explaine your situation in a better way if you can. Maybe then i see your point

Quotenow new hubs can always advertize at least once.
?!?!?!?

- Optimus

Cid

QuoteEven the default ones, like "servebeer" or "sytes" don't work
he said it doesnt work... by just putting sytes... so how would it work by putting no-ip that it kicks no-ip.com, no-ip.net and so on?

i think a good anti-ad script should kick everything before the address can be posted. i dont want someone to come to my hub post his shi**y new hubaddy there and then leave. if he can post his address then harm is already done. if i want to allow people to advertize their hubs, websites or whatever i will put their address into the allowed list.

it's much more work to maintain and actualize a list for full blocked addresses than to maintain a list for allowed addresses.

think of it as a firewall...
it blocks everything*... as long as you havent allowed it to go through. if you can make an anti-ad script like that, then you have the best thing that was ever released ;)

*with everything i mean the partial addresses in the blocklist (like no-ip, dns2go, servebeer, and so on)

imby

Optimus, I have a question. I don't want to enable 'Enable Web URL Blocker' as that often kicks innocently chatting users. Yet I want to add a couple of web addresses that are often spammed, or web addresses that a user may get away with spamming the first time, but not the second, how can I do that? For example an address spammed was //www.uk-performance.net, adding uk-performance to the list doesn't work. Thanks.

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by Cid
exactly... it kicks everything with no-ip in it (that's heaven)... i think a good anti-ad script should kick before the address can be posted. i dont want someone to come to my hub post his shi**y new hubaddy there and then leave. if he can post his address then harm is already done. if i want to allow people to advertize their hubs, websites or whatever i will put their address into the allowed list.

it's much more work to maintain and actualize a list for full blocked addresses than to maintain a list for allowed addresses.

think of it as a firewall...
it blocks everything... as long as you havent allowed it to go through. if you can make an anti-ad script like that, then you have the best thing that was ever released ;)

Hi mate, I may of mis-understood you but only the ops see the kicked anti-advertise message.

Optimus

QuoteHi mate, I may of mis-understood you but only the ops see the kicked anti-advertise message.
Yes the message with the address is only shown to operators. And sometimes vips it depends if Notification messages is enabled for vips etc etc

There is nothing wrong with the antiadvertiser it works perfect.

Some peoples heads are just to hard to get true

- Optimus

Cid

uhmmm.... the first dude didn't mean that the notification isn't working... he said that the kicking isn't working...

"Even the default ones, like "servebeer" or "sytes" don't work. I have tried RoboCop v7.0 and v8.0b -- they use the abovementioned table and I get kicked. But not in version 9 anymore."

and then optimus said it will only kick if you put full addresses.

i basically prefer people getting kicked for typing something like:
HubaddressNo-Ip.Com, HubaddressNo-IpCom, etc

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by Cid
uhmmm.... the first dude didn't mean that the notification isn't working... he said that the kicking isn't working...

"Even the default ones, like "servebeer" or "sytes" don't work. I have tried RoboCop v7.0 and v8.0b -- they use the abovementioned table and I get kicked. But not in version 9 anymore."

and then optimus said it will only kick if you put full addresses.

i basically prefer people getting kicked for typing something like:
HubaddressNo-Ip.Com, HubaddressNo-IpCom, etc

Guess it's a matter of personal preferance. Are you willing to sacrifice a few more innocent users getting kicked, to the advertiser being unable to get away with missing out full stops (.) etc. In closing the kicking is working as it should, just maybe not as some would like. But you can't please everyone I guess.

Cid

i think it's just a matter of what you will put in the blacklist... in my time as hubowner (6 years now) i never saw anyone got kicked for a sentence in which "no-ip" wasn't part of an address... leave alone dns2go, servebeer, gotdns, etc. it's all very clear words that only appear in advertizements.

i guess its really only a matter of personal preferance.

j7n

Cid wrote:
Quote"i basically prefer people getting kicked for typing something like: HubaddressNo-Ip.Com, HubaddressNo-IpCom, etc"
"it's all very clear words that only appear in advertizements."

I agree with Cid. And I didn't use the keywords, which could trigger a kick of an innocent user, like "myftp" or ".com".

Now with version 9 spammers can get away with strings like
"m?y?h?u?b?.?s?y?t?e?s?.?n?e?t?" (with nbsp or space chars),
which I used to prevent by adding ".?n?e?t", ".?c?o?m", etc.  to the list.

Other good use of the script was to kick for characteristic words of bad language, where normally no dots appear near and therefore the version 9 would not allow such use anymore.

Optimus

- Added Advertise addresses with spaces are kicked!

You are kicked 1 time(s), get 3 and you are banned! - Reason: Advertising in mainchat, Text: dsf fdsf fds fdsknsdflk lkj dkln nk sk sc jdc m y h u b . s y t e s . n e td fds  fds fd  ddf sdf

- Optimus

j7n

I must have made a mistake somewhere then. I guess I should stick to version 8.0b better.

Optimus

QuoteI must have made a mistake somewhere then. I guess I should stick to version 8.0b better.
hehe no i added it to RCv10.01 will be here soon :D

j7n

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk