New client: Black DC

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

New client: Black DC

Started by Guibs, 14 October, 2003, 14:00:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Guibs

Hi there,,

There is a new client,... still in beta test,...

Ptaczek, if you have some time to have a look,,

http://www.blackdc.fr.st/

The problem is that it sends those keys:
------
$Version 1,0091
$BlackDC Ver:1.0r2,Bld:942
------
And > $BlackDC < can't be scripted,...

So, it would be nice if you could implement it, in a next PtokaX version...

I think this client can be nice to use,... so, many people should use it,...

l8tr,, ;)
-- Please,... don\'t ask help in Pm,...Forums are made for that, to help everyone & my Inbox pm will be safe,... Thks,,  :))  --
CB forum     /     CB Home page

Bkg2k

Hi,

I'm the author of BlackDC.
As it is a non-leech oriented client, I don't want to hide BlackDC like those lame DC++ mods. Everyone should be able to accept or not BlackDC.

I added the $BlackDC key, but as Guibs said, it's not scriptable.

If you don't want to support the $BlackDC key, I could add an "on-demand" identification like:
Script -> Hub -> Client : $IsBlackDC|
Client -> Hub -> Script : $To: Hub From: {user} $BlackDC Ver:1.0,Bld:942|

ptaczek

Hi,

any unknow command is passed to the script. If the script handle it and returns 1, then the command is considered valid, in other case it's considered invalid and client is disconnected.
Btw: any new client should not add extra commands unless it's discussed with hub developers or soon there would be a jungle of new commands and extra codes in hubs...
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

ptaczek

QuoteOriginally posted by Bkg2k
Hi,

I'm the author of BlackDC.
As it is a non-leech oriented client, I don't want to hide BlackDC like those lame DC++ mods. Everyone should be able to accept or not BlackDC.

I added the $BlackDC key, but as Guibs said, it's not scriptable.

If you don't want to support the $BlackDC key, I could add an "on-demand" identification like:
Script -> Hub -> Client : $IsBlackDC|
Client -> Hub -> Script : $To: Hub From: {user} $BlackDC Ver:1.0,Bld:942|

Hi Bkg2k,

the client type identification has been discussed many times with today's leading hub developers. Unfortunately they weren't listening me, nor Yoshi about implementing a standard command $ClientID. Their arguments were mostly about the 'famous' DC++ tag, which is in my opinion a fosil and very unlucky solution.
For my part it's not problem to add a proper identification of your client. Just lets try to consider some generic solution, which could be accepted by other clients in the future :)
-ptaczek-

Bkg2k

QuoteHi Bkg2k, the client type identification has been discussed many times with today's leading hub developers. Unfortunately they weren't listening me, nor Yoshi about implementing a standard command $ClientID. Their arguments were mostly about the 'famous' DC++ tag, which is in my opinion a fosil and very unlucky solution.
For my part it's not problem to add a proper identification of your client. Just lets try to consider some generic solution, which could be accepted by other clients in the future :)
I agree. The DC++ tag is a fossil, and does NOT represent any evolutive solution.
Could you post more information about your $ClientID command. BlackDC is spreading fast since the first public release, so if I implement that commands (and take off $BlackDC) it could be followed my many other client/hub developpers.

Guibs

Hi,,

Ptaczek,, ;)
Just a debugging command [SendMessageToGuibs (data) ] gives:
-----
<*ScriptReStarted*>$ValidateNick [?]?rrrr
<*ScriptReStarted*>$Version 1,0091
<*ScriptReStarted*>$GetNickList
<*ScriptReStarted*>$MyINFO $ALL [?]?rrrr Testing,.....$ $DSL$$10126619234$
<*ScriptReStarted*>$GetINFO [?]?rrrr [?]?rrrr
-----
& under the console, i get:
-----
[14:18] myIp:4563 > $ValidateNick [?]?rrrr|
[14:18] myIp:4563 > $Version 1,0091|
[14:18] myIp:4563 > $BlackDC Ver:1.0r2,Bld:94
-----
& the client is not disconnected,....
The data ' $BlackDC ' just pass through the Hub,... quite weird... :)

Bkg2k,,
what about:
---
user.iVersion == "Black Dc++ v0.1"
---
or maybe a command, like for the NMDC2 clients,...
---
user:SendData("$GetNetInfo|")
---

l8tr,,
-- Please,... don\'t ask help in Pm,...Forums are made for that, to help everyone & my Inbox pm will be safe,... Thks,,  :))  --

ptaczek

btw:

the cleanest solution which was discussed was a method of sending client's identification right after the the $Key command. The indetification should contain the client's type (official name like blackdc, dcpp, nmdc2, etc) and the basic info like version, hubs, slots and sharesize so the hub can decide if the client will be accepted or not without exchanging any extra information or with minimal data transfer in case of special per-nick permissions.

Hub:
$Lock jjsgjdgaj|

Client:
$Key hjgajgjgf|
$ClientID blkdc,1.02,1/0/0,8,16384|
$ValidateNick ptaczek|

ClientID Format:
$ClientID ,,,,|
-ptaczek-

Bkg2k

Until now, I added the $BlackDC command because:
1. I can't modifiy the $Version command, it would fool many scripts or hubs.
2. I can't use the $GetNetInfo from neo-modus because... it's from neo-modus NMDC2 lol, known as a mere attempt to grab some user from the DC community to earn some money from advertising, and because this is the most kicked client now lol

But, If ptaczek has a better solution, I'd be glad to implement it as soon as possible :)

ptaczek

QuoteOriginally posted by Guibs
Hi,,

<*ScriptReStarted*>$ValidateNick [?]?rrrr
<*ScriptReStarted*>$Version 1,0091
<*ScriptReStarted*>$GetNickList
<*ScriptReStarted*>$MyINFO $ALL [?]?rrrr Testing,.....$ $DSL$$10126619234$
<*ScriptReStarted*>$GetINFO [?]?rrrr [?]?rrrr
-----
& under the console, i get:
-----
[14:18] myIp:4563 > $ValidateNick [?]?rrrr|
[14:18] myIp:4563 > $Version 1,0091|
[14:18] myIp:4563 > $BlackDC Ver:1.0r2,Bld:94
-----
& the client is not disconnected,....
The data ' $BlackDC ' just pass through the Hub,... quite weird... :)

Hmm Im just looking at the code and it should kick the user. But it's highly possible that I have implemented this kicking later...
-ptaczek-

Bkg2k

Ok ptaczek, it sounds like a good method to identify any client efficiently.
Well... I planned to release a new version tonight with some bug fixes, so I'll add this identification key in this release.
Hopefully... some clients/hubs developpers would follow that method.

Thanks for your fast replies :)

ptaczek

Until now, I added the $BlackDC command because:
1. I can't modifiy the $Version command, it would fool many scripts or hubs.
2. I can't use the $GetNetInfo from neo-modus because... it's from neo-modus NMDC2 lol, known as a mere attempt to grab some user from the DC community to earn some money from advertising, and because this is the most kicked client now lol

But, If ptaczek has a better solution, I'd be glad to implement it as soon as possible :)

So? ;) Should I add the ClientID in the next release? :)
-ptaczek-

Bkg2k

Yes, you can add the ClientID, I'll use the BlkDC as unique client name.

ptaczek

Fine, thanx for that quick deal! :) New Ptokax wil be hopefully ready in week or two - huge betatesting and bugfixing is needed.

Be prepared for banning of blackdc. Every new command in DC protocol is received hardly by the community :/

btw: Haven't you thought abou DC-Noir instead of BlackDC ? ;)
-ptaczek-

Guibs

loOol

nice one,, ptaczek,.... :p

[Edit]
Btw,...
As you're around, m8,....
Any chance to solve the 'tempban' problem, in a next PtokaX version...? :)
(we can't unban user from the temp ban list... :s)

happy to see that you found a good deal, about the bkg2k's client,,... ;)

l8tr,,

Bkg2k

QuoteBe prepared for banning of blackdc. Every new command in DC protocol is received hardly by the community :/
lol, already done :) Some swedish hubs have banned BlackDC because it has advanced scanning capabilities and show who is actually leeching and who is not.
Since 95% of swedish uses lame DC++ mods... lol

Quotebtw: Haven't you thought abou DC-Noir instead of BlackDC ? ;)
Speak french? ;)

ptaczek

QuoteBe prepared for banning of blackdc. Every new command in DC protocol is received hardly by the community :/
lol, already done :) Some swedish hubs have banned BlackDC because it has advanced scanning capabilities and show who is actually leeching and who is not.
Since 95% of swedish uses lame DC++ mods... lol

Quotebtw: Haven't you thought abou DC-Noir instead of BlackDC ? ;)
Speak french? ;)

Not really but my girlfriend does ;) So I know few words in french. Who knows, maybe one day I start to learn french - it's a nice language :)
-ptaczek-

ptaczek

QuoteOriginally posted by Guibs
loOol

nice one,, ptaczek,.... :p

[Edit]
Btw,...
As you're around, m8,....
Any chance to solve the 'tempban' problem, in a next PtokaX version...? :)
(we can't unban user from the temp ban list... :s)

happy to see that you found a good deal, about the bkg2k's client,,... ;)

l8tr,,

I think the whole banning system will be replaced with some more clever one :)
-ptaczek-

Guibs

Hi again,,

Ptaczek,,
Well,... the current system was good for me,... :)

It was just about the unban functions,... it was scanning only in the permban list,... & not in the tempban list, yep,...
So,, permbanned users could be unbanned, but not the tempbanned users,... (kicked users, by example)

I thought it was quite 'easy' to change & add in a next version,... but if you say that you're thinking to change the whole banning system,.... :s

Take your time on it,... no hurry there,... ;)

& keep up your good work,, :)

l8tr,, ;)

No0bie

Where do we report bugs in BlackDC?

I can't read french  lol

Guibs

Hi there,,

No0bie,
I think it's better to post your bugs on this forum:
Black Dc Bugs reports,,

You could write it in english, and bkg2k, or some others should answer to you in english, yep,... :)

Btw,... it's still in beta version,... so, maybe wait few days/weeks, again, before using it,....

l8tr,,

No0bie

Is there an Operator's version??

Would love to modify the Commands to suit the Bot currently running at my hub.

Bkg2k

No0bie > BlackDC already supports custom commands you can use to access your own bot commands. An english doc will be online soon so I don't write more here since it's somewhat off topic :)

ptaczek > I added the $ClientID command to BDC, but unfortunately I add to remove it because of unexpected behavior with NMDCHub.
NMDCHub does not accept any unknown command before the nickname is actually validated, and even more, disconnect the user right after receiving the $ClientID.
As far as I know, the solution is to send the $ClientID right after the nickname has been validated.
This solution needs a bit more of bandwidth before the hub can process the client tag, but the advantage is the client can set the right hub tag depending of its privileges (ie: 0/0/1 for an operator).

Will Ptokax still accept the $ClientID tag whether it's send right after the $Key, or after the nickname validation?

Then, lots of scripters want to know the client mode (active/passive). This is currently done by sending a passive search request and then wait for a $SR. If the $SR has not received after a while, the script consider the client is passive. This is an inefficient and heavy method, so they'd be glad to get this information in the $ClientID too :)

PPK

"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Bkg2k

Ooops, I missed the field since in the $ClientID we discussed above it does not appear :)

Ok, no problem about the mode identification.

[ES]latinmusic

Does anyone knows where i can reports bugs or features request for Black DC, the only forum is in french!, there is no way to know for me is the bug/request is already posted there.  X(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk