PtokaX new settings window - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX new settings window

Started by PPK, 01 July, 2007, 05:38:44

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyGuy

Here's my suggestion for names/pages setup

General Settings
   |
   | MOTD
   |
   | Default Bots
   |
   | Redirections ( move User limits to "Connection Rules" and Text files to  "Advanced Security" )
   |
   | Ban Handling

Advanced Settings
   |
   | MyINFO processing ( / $IN processing )
   |
   | Advanced Security ( move Description Tag to "MyINFO processing" )

Connection Rules ( try and see if both pages can be merged to one as they have the same topic )

General Deflood
   |
   | Limits

( try and see if 1 deflood page can hold mainchat/priv chat/login/connection limits while other page holds action settings )

Hope it's helpful  and goodluck  8) ;D

Stormbringer

I guess its very fashion to create skins for everything, M$ made one with vista for example, next step will be addition of emoticones and widgets???
This topic is boring as hell, ptokax doesn't need a change of appearance, we need new stuff...

PS: Work on the transparency of the windows too, it's realy important for everybody, vital in fact.

CrazyGuy

Dude, if you think this topic is boring, don't talk in it

PPK

Quote from: Stormbringer on 09 July, 2007, 10:24:00
ptokax doesn't need a change of appearance
Ok, i will make special version for you without changed apperance... i am sure that you don't complain about not working settings in old gui ;D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Stormbringer

Settings and gui are 2 different things  :o , basicly we doesn't need a gui, the scripts are working perfectly without, why not ptokax  ::)
If you want I can create you a todo list with useful things, and this things are not only useful for me but for everybody but you seems to ignore them  ???

PPK

Quote from: Stormbringer on 09 July, 2007, 18:06:45
basicly we doesn't need a gui
You don't need, but most users need it.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Snooze

I wouldn't mind having a look at that list, Stormbringer...

-Snooze

PPK

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 09 July, 2007, 03:24:20
Redirections ( move User limits to "Connection Rules" and Text files to  "Advanced Security" )
Text files have nothing to do with security.
try and see if both pages can be merged
They can't be merged :(
try and see if 1 deflood page can hold mainchat/priv chat/login/connection limits while other page holds action settings
I like more have them together, instead of split them to two pages.

bastya_elvtars

Stormbringer, please cut off on your trollism.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Stormbringer

Snooze: nothing to do with a comment of a guy who make compilation of bot.

Bastya: not a troll, just a disapointed guy, no evolution in ptokax since so many releses now, the only good stuff who was done recently was the language pack except this nothing's new, people shut up there but many hub owners think exactly the same thing, but nobody complain because each time somebody open his mouth here all the ''team'' kill him
Just a little bit more and this forum will looks like the forum of strongdc++

Naithif

Quote from: Stormbringer on 10 July, 2007, 00:05:52
You mean a compiled bot? :)
Well this means that PPK and Ptaczek couldn't be respected enough to make a comment - as PtokaX is compiled. (so no comment for this one...)
As far as Snooze shares a bot for free, even if compiled, that's positive, he provides addons to PtokaX that some people can actually use. Have you provided anything yet?

Bastya: not a troll, just a disapointed guy, no evolution in ptokax since so many releses now, the only good stuff who was done recently was the language pack except this nothing's new, people shut up there but many hub owners think exactly the same thing, but nobody complain because each time somebody open his mouth here all the ''team'' kill him
You seem to haven't found the changelog :) There's much (much) more in it.

That's enough of reality, the new settings stuff's liked by most people, what more's needed?
Only counts what PPK wants anyway  ;D

dragos_sto

nice work
my opinion,it is a windows project
so the windows users like to be very easy too use
like the most messengers ,on principle NEXT --> NEXT --> FINISH  ;D

ptokax after hard work of administrator on this project it grow very match
it realy easy to use whit a lot a function to protect your hub,bilt in functions
whitout any aditional script,ho in most of all cases need extra setting to work well

and not to forget people ho want to make script for own purpose or not,have
a lot of function to use to reach thei goal whit a lot of support from project administrators

my opinion on new appearance compattible whit windows themes,it dont matter for my at all,becaus on my server
thei are stoped and my xp look like windows 98  8)

last thing a CLI version of ptoka some time will appear ?

bastya_elvtars

There are many things behind the scenes. First of all, PPK worked a lot on optimizing but not adding new features. Maybe you should propose some of your list, it will not be ignored. I never saw anyone being killed for complaining. However, I miss some featuresn from PtokaX too (Lua io.popen(), full traceback support, etc.)  but do not behave like a troll. If you find a bug, report it. If you have a problem, ask. If you want a feature, propose it. The forum is designed to help you with this. Be constructive, and try to avoid personal criticism, compilation is an own choice after all, although I disagree with it too, since there are licenses that force you to mark modificatons (CDDL for example), but I do not criticise them as long as maintenance goes. If maintenance cannot be continued, the source should be opened.
Bah, this is quite offtopic. This topic is in need of a split.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

no evolution in ptokax since so many releses now
0.3.4.0 - New banlist
0.3.5.0 - Data compression
0.3.6.0 - Language translations
0.3.7.0 - New setting manager, that will allow most settings changeable without hub restart and in future version without gui running as service.
For you it is maybe no evolution, but in PtokaX source it looks different.

CrazyGuy

Quote from: PPK on 09 July, 2007, 18:52:34
Text files have nothing to do with security.
I know, but it fitted there  :P

They can't be merged :(
That's too bad  :(

I like more have them together, instead of split them to two pages.
I would prefer them being together as well, but as that didn't seem to fit, it might mean you'll have to increase GUI size.
IF that's so, then maybe the other page can be merged as well  ;)

PPK

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 10 July, 2007, 11:30:35
it might mean you'll have to increase GUI size.
I don't want to increase it, it is designed for 640x480 resolution. I know many will think that nobody use it, but i have before when i increase gui size many complains about it  :(

[NL]scooby

Nice ptokax PPK!!!
hello PPK and have this new ptokax 0.3.7.0 this lua bots -->  badfilechecker and anticlone in one ptokax bots?

it's is a idea :-)

Greetz [NL]Scooby?

Syphrone-NL

I think im the only one who likes this idea but i give it a go.

Maybe adding by each profile his own settings of max hubs max share min share max slots etc.
Owner of 2 public hubs in Palace Network ---> www.palace-network.nl

Pothead

Looks good PPK :)
The only thing missing which i could see has already been mentioned (Profile Manager).

WAJIM

Very unusually and inconveniently.   >:(
The direct access to settings was more convenient.  ::)
Besides settings in a separate window - too it is inconvenient.   :-\

nikita800

1) It is awful! Not only that it is necessary to get used and accustom to the new interface of adjustments so also the heap of bugs and glitches will be after capital change of the interface anew.
2) how to close these windows a mousy?

Madman

Quote from: nikita800 on 04 August, 2007, 17:07:15
2) how to close these windows a mousy?

If you mean the new settings window, simply press, save or discard
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

AL?MCi

Good Job PPk...

Maybe u can add optional welcome message for hublist pingers...
Options: Changable Message - Main/PM (Where it can send) - on/off

Thx

Nothing Can Be Everything...

thebullmoose

Quote from: Stormbringer on 09 July, 2007, 18:06:45
Settings and gui are 2 different things  :o , basicly we doesn't need a gui, the scripts are working perfectly without, why not ptokax  ::)
If you want I can create you a todo list with useful things, and this things are not only useful for me but for everybody but you seems to ignore them  ???

the new gui is awkward compared to simple tabs..
make improvements to the program and if needed add a tab for another subject.
when opening any subject, you must close it in the new gui... with the old one you can click to minimize to tray and go on when it returns the chat window or whatever will be right there..
just my opinion... ya put a great deal of work into it but to me its just plum awkward, and somewhat hard to follow
MooSe
the complainer  lol

Tw?sT?d-d?v

I thought the same at first ... But has in all new things it just takes a bit of getting used to ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk