Call for hosting volunteers - The PtokaX Helpdesk

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Call for hosting volunteers - The PtokaX Helpdesk

Started by yepyepyep4711, 17 August, 2004, 18:49:14

Previous topic - Next topic

yepyepyep4711

Hello people,

as ptaczek has posted a while back, there is a helpdesk coming up. I have been searching for someone to host it, but so far I haven't had any success. So I've decided to go public about it. If you have the resources and want to do something for the community, here's the deal:

You need a stable, always online machine running linux or windows.
You need to succeed ;) in installing this software http://otrs.org/
Documentation is here: http://doc.otrs.org/1.2/en/html/
You need to be reachable in case of problems.

So there you go. Post here as soon as you have installed the beast, and I'll take a look at it. Please include a description of the machine it runs on in your post.

You don't need to know anything about heldesks to do this, because you only have to make it run. Once it does, I'll do the configuring and administering (of the helpdesk, not of your server - I need NO root access to your server or anything like that rest assured ;))

And NO, you won't get to marry ptaczek if you do this, but many, many  thanks from everyone :)

Joha

did this request got solved in pm?

yepyepyep4711

QuoteOriginally posted by Joha
did this request got solved in pm?

no, it's still open. Come on guys, you do want the PtokaX devellopment to go according to your needs, don't you?  ;)

BlazeXxX

Hi there,
Good to see its coming public. I can host the script @ UltraMatrix.NET, where i am a Co-Owner. We have few servers, from windows to linux. so hosting won't be a big of a problem.

My question is, we are using Redhat linux 9, and they only have upto version 8 in their download section. Also We will be upgrading to Enterprise version in some months. So unless they update their script to latest OS, it might not work as you would expect it to work.

We have a helpdesk system, which does exactly the same. It's called perldesk, i can get it for you if you want. It logs queries from emails, you can log it manually, users can post the trouble tickets etc.. You can have many staffs as u want, and assign them to certain departments.

Let me know if u are intrested, I would love to help on this Ptokax Project.

GreetZ,
BlazeXxX

witch

Hello BlazeXxX!!!
I'm looking for hosting about two month time already too...would u take care about Psy Trance hub? Please PM me if u r interested.

Thanx for your time

bom   ;)

Herodes

QuoteOriginally posted by witch
Hello BlazeXxX!!!
I'm looking for hosting about two month time already too...would u take care about Psy Trance hub? Please PM me if u r interested.

Thanx for your time

bom   ;)
/unignore witch
24 users shouldnt be bad to host ... I can do it .. 56K .. can take 40 users you know ... ( ironic statement , just incase )...

This is a thread about the PtokaX Hepldesk ... I cant see where hosting that hub can fit with it ... :(
/ignore witch

witch

thanx Herodes for your friendly visit to my hub....well it was nice talk to u....how the Olympics btw...or u don't have anough money to by tiket to see it......lol.....first make some saving to get DSL......LOL   :D

Herodes

/impossibletoignoresuchfuckedupbehaviour witch
In case you dont know 56k save my ass from being a complete DC junkie ass ... as for the mention on financial matters I truly pity you ....
/ignorethemofoforever witch

witch

LLLOOOOOLLLLLL  :D  :D  :D

yepyepyep4711

QuoteOriginally posted by BlazeXxX
Let me know if u are intrested, I would love to help on this Ptokax Project.

GreetZ,
BlazeXxX

That's the spirit  :))

I see different options for you to install it. You can try the RedHat Version they have and see if it works. You can ask them about compatibily issues with your version. You can use the tarball and intructions provided here to install it from scratch. You can install it on a windows machine (instructions ).

As for perldesk, if you have a link to a demo version I would give it a look.

Thx :)

yepyepyep4711

Small addition:

Request Tracker also offers the functionaliy we need, so if otrs doesn't run, maybe try RT.

It's available here:
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

cheers peeps

bastya_elvtars

What may be its resource usage? I can put the whole stuff on a P1? If so, i can provide a 10 or 100 Mbit connection and get a compie to do this, but do not rely on me, cause its unsure.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

yepyepyep4711

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
What may be its resource usage? I can put the whole stuff on a P1? If so, i can provide a 10 or 100 Mbit connection and get a compie to do this, but do not rely on me, cause its unsure.

dunno, it would have to be tested, but it *should* be reliable  :D

bastya_elvtars

i can test it
find me on... you know where
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk