Stop some DC++ version to enter...

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Stop some DC++ version to enter...

Started by juda, 05 December, 2004, 18:10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

juda

Hay !!!
Can anyone help me with this problem....I heard that
have some versions of DC++ a lot of bugs....
I need script to stoping versions like:
0.4031 ;0.4032 ;0.4033;0.4034....to enter on my hub
Is this possible to do ??? I use Ptoka-x and RoboCop 9.0c security script...Now I have only options to stop  
all DC++  clients....

Thanks for any help !!! see ya
juda

witch

QuoteOriginally posted by juda
Hay !!!
Can anyone help me with this problem....I heard that
have some versions of DC++ a lot of bugs....
I need script to stoping versions like:
0.4031 ;0.4032 ;0.4033;0.4034....to enter on my hub
Is this possible to do ??? I use Ptoka-x and RoboCop 9.0c security script...Now I have only options to stop  
all DC++  clients....

Thanks for any help !!! see ya

get your self RC v9.0e .......now is avalible, there u can block thouse clients  ;)

n1ck

Or get a Op client such as dcdm++ or rmdc, where you can set version types to kick/warn etc!
dcuk.direct-connect.co.uk

**compiled bots are like what microsoft is to open source!**

imby

QuoteSome hubs seem to have fallen into hysteria and they have decided to ban some DC++ versions randomly between 0.401-0.667 and therefore forcing the users to upgrade or downgrade to whatever version.

The start of this hysteria has been the "MyINFO-flood" which, according to hearsay, is causing hubs to lag and crash. Due the lack of real facts the rumours have gone wild. Well, here's some facts for you to consider.

DC++ version 0.307 was the first client to include the hashing feature. This means the TTH checksum (Tiger Tree Hash) is generated for all the files added into users share. TTH checksum will ensure the user will always get the correct file and also helps to continue downloading the correct file from another source. Version 0.400 made this hashing mandatory and the option to toggle it off was removed. This feature has been proven to work as expected and DC++ has hashed the files in the background automaticly.

DC++ version 0.4033 added a monitoring window for the hashing process. Unfortunately this feature caused the DC++ to update the share size to the hub using MyINFO after each new file was hashed. Some hub software packages are coded to relay this information to all the users in real time. If the file count added to the share was several thousands it was causing the upload traffic from the hub to hit the roof and in some cases clogging it. This bug was also in the version 0.4034 but has been fixed in the version 0.666.

In other words, this bug only exists in versions 0.4033 and 0.4034. In small hubs (less than 300 users) this bug has only little effect or none at all. The Yhub software seems to be the most sensitive to this bug. This is because the Yhub doesn't prioritize the packets to be sent and sends the MyINFO to all the users whether the info has changed or not.

The users can help to reduce the flooding by opening the hub after the DC++ hashing process has finished and by avoiding adding files to the share "on the fly".

The version 0.667 has a different bug which causes the hub to send an extra MyINFO every time an Operator logs into the hub. The operators have sent double MyINFO since the version 0.24 anyway so this has very little effect on the hub bandwidth usage. This bug doesn't exist in the versions 0.666 and 0.668.

DC++ versions:
Older than 0.300 - Unsecure, not recommended.
Older than 0.300-0.307 - No MyINFO-bug, plenty of other bugs.
0.400 - No MyINFO-bug
0.401 - No MyINFO-bug
0.402 - No MyINFO-bug
0.403 - No MyINFO-bug
0.4031 - Never released
0.4032 - No MyINFO-bug
0.4033 - MyINFO-bug during the hashing process
0.4034 - MyINFO-bug during the hashing process
0.666 - No MyINFO-bug
0.667 - Meaningless MyINFO-bug
0.668 - No MyINFO-bug

Most hub owners would be best off if they did some research before banning a plethora of clients.

Flux

It would be nice to have a script on it's own that can deal with stopping certain DC++ versions. As some people like myself don't use Robocop even though it is a very good combination script program..

It will also help idividual users too who may need or want to use this script, if it can be made...
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

bolamix

Thanks for this post imby, explains a lot :)) I'm just wondering, where did you find that information? Looks like the person who wrote that knows how to explain things ;)
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk