Ptokax 0.3.3.1 - searches to passive users

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Ptokax 0.3.3.1 - searches to passive users

Started by FrancoS, 03 July, 2005, 19:01:01

Previous topic - Next topic

FrancoS

This is for coders

I've the translated to LUA 5 copy of FilesChecker

I see the old issue is always there, not fixed yet ---> passive users, sharing bad files, are not disconnected.

For testing purposes:
- I've added one .avi file
- I've used dc++ search-spy
- I've setup myself as passive...
well, I see the searches coming from the script... but I'm not being disconnected, while, as soon I switch to active then I'm (disconnected)..

Do you know why? Or better, can you explain me why?
Is there any way to overcome it?
Are you planning to do something for this?

The hub is active for sure... other kind of disconnections to passive users are working... why this is not?

P.S. this is a smart script 'cause it does shot a search periodically but... also on NewUserConnect.
This keeps off bad sharers. Keep off mean that they can't send back searches results on most of periodical searches... just because (theoretically) there should not be bad files to be returned...
For this reason, please do not write replyies about sucked bandwidht, because,  for the above explained reason it is not as much as expected...

FilesChecker is immediate and 'cause of this and of what above: this is why I prefer to have it working instead to have an additional DC++ client that tryies to download files lists from every connecting user.

Thank you for any answer.

Robert

Dessamator

I see the old issue is always there, not fixed yet ---> passive users, sharing bad files, are not disconnected.

this question has been responded more than 15 times in this forum,

and thats why, most scripters tell u to use a dc  program that does the same, besides other probs, which u have already heard in the past, scripts , CANT check passive users, if u look at the bot which checks passive users in the user list, ull notice that it has a "red brick wall" in its nick,

i think from there u can understand !!, either way search the forum b4 asking more questions !
Ignorance is Bliss.

TTB

Badfiles from Nightlitch will check passive users... ppl can mod that.
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

Dessamator

hmm, indeed, it seems im wrong, maybe it was fixed in one of the new ptokax ! , either way if he/she had searched for it, he/she would have found it
Ignorance is Bliss.

FrancoS

QuoteOriginally posted by TTB
Badfiles from Nightlitch will check passive users... ppl can mod that.
Hey guys... thank you for your answer... I'had made one post in that topic

please read here --> Post  on BadFiles

and nobody answered.

Anyway, can you kindly tell me if this is the final running script? --> Script Page

or if should I download/copy it somewhere else?

anyway.. I had gave a read to the ptokax changelog.txt and inside that file is written something like ...
Quote0.330 build 15.10
-----------------
- fixed passive searching ;)

but it is not specified if special commands are needed...

Thank you

Robert

TTB

The link you posted is the final one...
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk