Client Check On Enter Hub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Client Check On Enter Hub

Started by whoosh, 20 August, 2005, 17:11:31

Previous topic - Next topic

whoosh

Is there such a script that requests a user to type a particular command on connection to the hub, and only allows that user to connect on reciept of the correct response?
The reason for this is i run a hub and have recently made it a fuldc only hub to provide maximum compatability for all users, the trouble is that as far as i can see, fuldc is impossible to distinguish from dc++ 0.674. So i was wondering if when a user connects, could he/she be asked to type the command "/fuldc"    upon which fuldc displays "http://ful.dcportal.net ". If this displayed correctly, the user would then be allowed to connect, or if not, the user would be disconnected and informed to update his/her client.

All help greatly appreciated

Pothead

QuoteOriginally posted by whoosh
The reason for this is i run a hub and have recently made it a fuldc only hub to provide maximum compatability for all users,
Compatability ?( erh . . . lost for words . . . i supose Stupid would be a good one.
So i was wondering if when a user connects, could he/she be asked to type the command "/fuldc"    upon which fuldc displays "http://ful.dcportal.net ". If this displayed correctly, the user would then be allowed to connect.
What's to stop the user just typing (or copy pasting)
http://ful.dcportal.net ?

whoosh

Well, the full story is that 85% of the users in the hub voted that they would like to see it become a fuldc only hub, due to some of them having problems connecting to older dc++ versions etc...the problems may be their own issues, but by at least trying to oblige i am doing the best that i can to be keep them happy. As for the /fuldc command...when it is typed in, the reponse to it comes up automatically, and so i thought that it would be able to be detected by a script instead of it being detected as if you had typed it in manually, there by if the user was asked to type in /fuldc    the script would then detect if the response to that command was auto generated or not and act accordingly. To some it may seem a stupid request, and perhaps it was a bit stupid of me to ask in the lua language board if it was possible.
thanks for your time and input

Pothead

due to some of them having problems connecting to older dc++ versions etc...the problems may be their own issues
For a guess, when they resume a download from an older client, it restarts from the beginning ?  This bug comes from DC++ (and most newer clients based upon it, contain this bug), where it doesn't check if the user it's connecting with can support TTHL (Tiger Tree Hashing Leaves).  It just assumes they can. ?(
Goto Advanced Settings and Disable
Advanced TTH Resuming
:)

Plus it's more sensible and easier to disallow older clients. ;)
But change that setting, and you shouldn't need to. :)

bastya_elvtars

The answer is simple: fulDC cannot be detected, so you can do nothing about this.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

whoosh

Thanks guys for taking the time out to respond, typical that i had to pick a undetectable client to run, but now that i know a little more perhaps i can explain about the TTH possible issue and also suggest that they simply upgrade their clients to the latest versions available. This is all fairly new to me, so i am only learning....the hard way  :-)

Pothead

perhaps i can explain about the TTH possible issue and also suggest that they simply upgrade their clients to the latest versions available.
You should tell them to disable that option, because it will also affect other hubs they are in, with older clients.  And yes, people on older clients should update to newer ones.

Quattro

Checking for a certain response is possible, but you can't see the difference between someone typing/copying the fulDC spam or a real fulDC response simply because the hub will never see the /fulDC command as this is an internal command and will not get send to the hub
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk