An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine?

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine?

Started by Vipertje, 20 March, 2007, 12:34:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Vipertje

Hi there,

I have a problem, some of mine users are jumping on and off me hub, I did ask whats wrong to me users and they say:
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

What can or must I do to fix this problem?

Does anyone got a idea for me what to do?

Already thanx

PS. sorry m8s, I did forgot me info Ptokax 0.3.5.2f and newest ROBOCOP

CrazyGuy

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

This used be called "Connection reset by server" in older DC clients.
There's alot of factors that can cause this. Some of which you can check, others are more ISP related.
If you would search this board on WSAECONNRESET i'm pretty sure you will find some more info on that.

What you can do , is reset your modem. That sometimes helps alot

PPK

This one is not WSAECONNRESET but WSAECONNABORTED..
Quote from: MSDN library
Software caused connection abort.
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host computer, possibly due to a data transmission time-out or protocol error.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

CrazyGuy

yes my bad .. wasn't quite awake yet when I posted that reply  8)  I read it wrong

Vipertje

So what is the problem of this error?
Is it fixable?
I don't know if I can put the Hub adress in here, so that you can take a look is me hub is okay?

Let me know, if yes I give me adress in reply!

bastya_elvtars

Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Vipertje

dchub://dc.maincore.nl

That's the adres!

PS. Sorry for the late response, I was very busy last week :S

7P-Darkman

Owner of HUB Pantanal - Brasil

PPK

No this is not solution, and is not in any way related to Vipertje problem  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

7P-Darkman

Quote from: PPK on 28 March, 2007, 18:11:12
No this is not solution, and is not in any way related to Vipertje problem  ::)

Hello PPK...

See more informations about this problem here:

Quote from: Microsoft CorporationREFERENCES
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245442 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245442/) Winsock ignores ICMP Port Unreachable control messages
244751 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244751/) Winsock Control does not fire Error Event in all cases
263823 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263823/) WinSock Recvfrom() now returns WSAECONNRESET instead of blocking or timing out

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman

PPK

Again, none of them is related to Vipertje problem  ::)

260018 is for UDP, but Vipertje have problem with TCP.
245442 is for ICMP, but Vipertje have problem with TCP.
244751 is problem in Visual Basic, and PtokaX is not written in Visual Basic.
263823 is for UDP, but Vipertje have problem with TCP.

7P-Darkman

Quote from: PPK on 28 March, 2007, 22:43:21
Again, none of them is related to Vipertje problem  ::)

260018 is for UDP, but Vipertje have problem with TCP.
245442 is for ICMP, but Vipertje have problem with TCP.
244751 is problem in Visual Basic, and PtokaX is not written in Visual Basic.
263823 is for UDP, but Vipertje have problem with TCP.

Hello PPK...

What I studied on nets and communications for the Net they say me the the opposite? See in Ptokax Wiki (http://ptxwiki.psycho-chihuahua.net/doku.php/scriptinghelp/pxwsa)

QuoteWSA.SendTo(socketID, stringDataToSend, addr, port)

Sends data to a specific destination. Returns 3 variables. If there were no errors, 2 nil is returned otherwise it a errorcode and string. The third variable returns amount of bytes sent and nil on error.
Notes

This is normally used for UDP protocol only. Since UDP is a stateless protocol, the actual state of a socket is unknown. Therefore if you want to send data to a host listening on an UDP port (e. g. DNS query or NETBIOS-DGM service) you have to re-specify the hostname/IP and the port, as the UDP socket is not handled as connected, even if a WSA.Connect has been previously done. For UDP, it is still good to call WSA.Connect in order to determine whether the communication is possible at all, i. e. to ?test? the connection.

For TCP, the last 2 arguments are ignored, but it?s mandatory that the socket is connected, therefore this function becomes the same as WSA.Send.

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman

Psycho_Chihuahua

PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

7P-Darkman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk