Chatrooms - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Chatrooms

Started by jiten, 25 March, 2006, 18:24:22

Previous topic - Next topic

XPMAN

I love this script, just what i was looking for. But, everything works fine except the right click. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesnt. I tried running just that script alone to eliminate conflicts ect.. but still... one time i log in, its their, next time its not. And for the other Masters ect.. it doesnt show at all :( I am using PtokaX 0.3.4.0. This is really weird..lol.. all the commands work perfect if typed in, its the right click that doesnt seem to work right for me... any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
Thnx in advance for any help :)

jiten

Quote from: XPMAN on 20 May, 2006, 20:45:40
I love this script, just what i was looking for. But, everything works fine except the right click. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesnt. I tried running just that script alone to eliminate conflicts ect.. but still... one time i log in, its their, next time its not. And for the other Masters ect.. it doesnt show at all :( I am using PtokaX 0.3.4.0. This is really weird..lol.. all the commands work perfect if typed in, its the right click that doesnt seem to work right for me... any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?
Thnx in advance for any help :)

Everything seems ok here. Can you give me more details?

Rightclick is only sent to those users that belong to an allowed group or are members. However, their profile must have permission to receive the command.

XPMAN

I am in the "Master" profile on the hub. In my other hub i have different profiles i created, i am using this script in a test hub right now. Only 3 "Masters" which was setup in the PtokaX hub software. Others cant see the right click, only me.. and sometimes not even me unless i reconnect then it appears. I had one of the other "Masters" login with my info and it showed up, then when they reconnected, it was gone...lol.. i am trying to figure out what could cause this as like i said in my above post, it works perfect as far as typing in, its just the right click.. its like it just appears when it wants too..lol. I am looking now in the PtokaX settings although i dont believe any of the settings has anything to do with it, but just trying to cover all the bases ;) One other thing, i can enter the commands in the dc++ client manually and they still work, it would be nice though for all the masters to not have to do it like that. Other then that, no more details to give really. Just running that script alone and its still doing it. Stopped the PtokaX restarted, shut it down, then ran it... and the right click still seems to work the same. Its almost as if something is periodically blocking the right click, but cant understand what it could be.... still trying to figure it out... maybe with the experts help here, my odd problem may be solved soon :)

jiten

When you create a chatroom, you're automatically added to its members' list.

The other Masters will only receive the commands if:

- They become members (by typing something in PM to it); or
- Their profile exists in the group table.

As you can see, there's no need to send the commands to those users that don't even "belong" to the room.

However, and as previously stated, they must have permission to use them and their client must support UserCommands.

If this doesn't help, it could also be a client-related problem.

XPMAN

duh.. ok,makes sense to me now :) Once the masters joined the chatroom... righclick worked.. :)

I love this script :) thnx again for your help.

jiten

You're quite welcome, XPMAN :)

osse

A problem Here again

Rightclicks a I can't see anymore the Rightclicks to make or invite member / user why ?
I try to delete the tChatrooms.tbl I can see with my old Nick but when I make another Nick with the same rights .. I can see the Alt Chatrooms CutomeRightclicks. Why ??

:(:(:( ??? ??? :'(

jiten

Quote from: osse on 23 May, 2006, 10:05:28
A problem Here again

Rightclicks a I can't see anymore the Rightclicks to make or invite member / user why ?
I try to delete the tChatrooms.tbl I can see with my old Nick but when I make another Nick with the same rights .. I can see the Alt Chatrooms CutomeRightclicks. Why ??

I didn't really understand your post. Can you explain it again?

Your nick may have permission to use the commands, but, you need to be member of at least a chatroom to receive the related commands.

By the way, did you reconnect? If this doesn't help, you can also attach your code here, so that I can trace the problem.

CrazyGuy

Hey Jiten,

As you know i tried out ur script.
Used the following settings

tSettings = {
   sTag = "",         
   fChat = "tChatrooms.tbl",   
   bAutoLogin = "on",      
   bKey = "off",         
   bLocked = "off",      
   tAllowed = {
      -- Profiles allowed to join every chatroom

• = 1, -- master
          [1] = 0, -- operator
          [4] = 0, -- moderator
          [5] = 0, -- founder
       }
    }

And created chatroom named Developers-Chat
    Instantly i got this in main :

[16:38:27] *** PM Spam detected!! User is ignored until you "Clean user": Developers-Chat (IP:  )
    [16:38:27] *** PM Spam detected! User: Developers-Chat

Checking the PM, i got this

[16:37:27] <Developers-Chat> *** Hello
    [16:37:27] <[RisinG]Ywwa>  Im away...try later or leave a message ! <Zion++ v2.02>
    [16:37:27] <[Smurf]Guran> Send PM, back later (doing Ninja stuff) <DC++ v0.674>
    [16:37:27] <[MMP]Camaro> I am not here, leave a Message After the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
    [16:37:27] <[?P]Niko> Whats the point in running, when we are on the wrong road ? Think about that while you wait for me.. No hurry, this might take a while..  <CN++ HubOwn>
    [16:37:27] <[EMPIRE]Unexpected> I'm not here at the moment. Please try another OP or try later <DCDM++ v0.049>
    [16:37:27] <Madman> I'm either away or i'm ignoring your pm. But please TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, and just don't ask if i'm here!
    I only understand English and Swedish, so please write to me only in thoose language, all other language will be ignored
    /Madman <StrongDC++>
    [16:37:27] <[Smurf]jakan> on a meeting, talk to smurfan if u need help!! <DC++ v0.401>

And then hell broke loose  :P

- [16:39:39] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:39] <[Solo]killer> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:40] <[Solo]killer> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:40] <[Solo]killer> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:40] <[~TR+??~]??gg?> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:40] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:40] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:41] <[~TR+??~]??gg?> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:41] <[VvvV]Capricorn> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:43] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:43] <[COLD]DjinN> wtf?
    - [16:39:44] <[HRH]]-[?aV??L??> ???????
    - [16:39:45] <[InterABC]Mathan> lol?
    - [16:39:46] <[?mN]Pon?_Girl> You are being kicked because:
    - [16:39:46] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:49] <[HPH]Beertje> hey CG hahaha
    - [16:39:50] <[RisinG]Ywwa> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:53] <[NHA?]ANGEL> what is this?
    - [16:39:53] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:39:54] <[??R??M]???k??> I'm away. I will answer later if you leave a message. Please add my TAG to your NICK if you are in my HUB.    ((TL))     and get VIP status.     uk-top-loaders.no-ip.org
    - [16:39:58] <[NHA?]CrazyGuy> wtf huh ? lol
    - [16:39:58] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:40:00] <[??R??M]???k??> I'm away. I will answer later if you leave a message. Please add my TAG to your NICK if you are in my HUB.    ((TL))     and get VIP status.     uk-top-loaders.no-ip.org
    - [16:40:12] <[Global]Lucky[Pl]> ok, we are all kicked for pm flood
    - [16:40:22] <[VvvV]Lauris> lol
    - [16:40:22] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:40:25] <[HPH]Beertje> who is joking???
    - [16:40:25] <[HRH]Gr??????> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:40:26] <[HRH]Gr??????> You are being kicked because: PM flood
    - [16:40:26] <[COLD]My_Fair_Lady?> ut till that chat stops
    - [16:40:28] <[RisinG]Cappan> You are being kicked because: PM flood

This didnt stop until i stopped the script.

As we both discussed, this is probably caused by the away messages sent to the bot.

Have fun fixing  ;D

osse

Quote from: jiten on 23 May, 2006, 11:42:28
Quote from: osse on 23 May, 2006, 10:05:28
A problem Here again

I didn't really understand your post. Can you explain it again?

Your nick may have permission to use the commands, but, you need to be member of at least a chatroom to receive the related commands.

By the way, did you reconnect? If this doesn't help, you can also attach your code here, so that I can trace the problem.

Ye I can't see my commands. Or I can't make a Chat nothing. My new Nick is as a Founder and the  Nick before was as a  founder too.
When I go in to my HUB with my Nick I can't see my commands when I right CLick wuth my mouse. To make, Invite, HIde, Lock..... Chatroom   ..much more..
When I go in to my HUB with the older Nick  I can see all my commands to make , Invite a Chatroom.

Os

jiten

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 23 May, 2006, 16:20:32
[16:38:27] *** PM Spam detected!! User is ignored until you "Clean user": Developers-Chat (IP:? )

As we both discussed, this is probably caused by the away messages sent to the bot.

This will be fixed in the next version :)

Quote from: osse on 23 May, 2006, 17:23:12
Ye I can't see my commands. Or I can't make a Chat nothing. My new Nick is as a Founder and the Nick before was as a founder too.
When I go in to my HUB with my Nick I can't see my commands when I right CLick wuth my mouse. To make, Invite, HIde, Lock..... Chatroom ..much more..
When I go in to my HUB with the older Nick I can see all my commands to make , Invite a Chatroom.

True. When you don't belong to any chatroom group or aren't a member, the User Commands aren't sent.
This will be also fixed in the next release.

Thank you both for your reports.

osse

Quote from: jiten on 23 May, 2006, 19:51:36
Quote from: CrazyGuy on 23 May, 2006, 16:20:32
[16:38:27] *** PM Spam detected!! User is ignored until you "Clean user": Developers-Chat (IP:? )

This will be fixed in the next version :)

Quote from: osse on 23 May, 2006, 17:23:12
Ye I can't see my commands. Or I can't make a Chat nothing. My new Nick is as a Founder and the Nick before was as a founder too.
When I go in to my HUB with my Nick I can't see my commands when I right CLick wuth my mouse. To make, Invite, HIde, Lock..... Chatroom ..much more..
When I go in to my HUB with the older Nick I can see all my commands to make , Invite a Chatroom.

True. When you don't belong to any chatroom group or aren't a member, the User Commands aren't sent.
This will be also fixed in the next release.

Thank you both for your reports.

Thank you for ur answer. When is out the new version ?.....:D:D:):):)

jiten

Quote from: osse on 24 May, 2006, 09:51:28
Thank you for ur answer. When is out the new version ?.....:D:D:):):)

I'm not sure, but probably today or tomorrow :P

jiten

First post has been updated with some changes and fixes to the Chatrooms bot.

Note that your current Chatrooms' database (.tbl) must be deleted before using this version.

osse

Quote from: jiten on 25 May, 2006, 15:37:31
First post has been updated with some changes and fixes to the Chatrooms bot.

Note that your current Chatrooms' database (.tbl) must be deleted before using this version.

Where I can't find it or I can't see it.
   - Changed: Updated to LUA 5.1 (3/25/2006) ........I have this one
:(:(

jiten

Quote from: osse on 25 May, 2006, 15:50:05

I meant the file tChatrooms.tbl that can be found under your \scripts folder.

osse

Quote from: jiten on 25 May, 2006, 16:35:07

I mean teh new version where is it ?? where I can download it ??

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quote from: osse on 25 May, 2006, 17:14:50
Quote from: jiten on 25 May, 2006, 16:35:07

I mean teh new version where is it ?? where I can download it ??

At first page in first post of this topic

CrazyGuy

found another bug... might be a lil harder to fix  :-\

Out of the 190 people connecting to my hub, there's 1 that can't login when Chatrooms v4.11 is running.
Disabling the script solved it.
Enabling script while user is in does not disconnect user, but when user tries to reconnect the hub "stalls" on "Stored password send..."

Here's the data from PtokaX on that particular user connecting with the script running :

[14:13] <unknown> (xxx.xxx.xx.x) > $Supports UserCommand NoGetINFO NoHello UserIP2 TTHSearch QuickList BotList ClientID SecuredExecutor ZLine GetZBlock |
[14:13] <unknown> (xxx.xxx.xx.x) > $Key ?????A ????0CB?bsBSasE'???G7?????A'????|
[14:13] <unknown> (xxx.xxx.xx.x) > $MyINFO $ALL <nickname> <description><Z++ V:2.02,M:A,H:x/x/xx,S:1>$ $DSL$$0$|
[14:13] <nickname> (xxx.xxx.xx.x) > $GetNickList|
[14:13] <nickname> (xxx.xxx.xx.x) > $UserIP Developers-Chat|
[14:13] x User removed: <nickname> (Socket 1448)

As you can see the user get's disconnected after sending $UserIP to the first Chatroom, I have 3 rooms.
Hub version : PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.03    <== does not disconnect for $UserIP

The client this user is using is Zion Blue ++ v2.02

I'll follow up on this post doing some testing myself with that client and clients alike

jiten

Quote from: CrazyGuy on 28 May, 2006, 13:59:03
As you can see the user get's disconnected after sending $UserIP to the first Chatroom, I have 3 rooms.
Hub version : PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.03? ? <== does not disconnect for $UserIP

Seems like he/she didn't disable/untick "Send $UserIP for all users" in the Favorite Hubs' tab.

CrazyGuy

QuoteSeems like he/she didn't disable/untick "Send $UserIP for all users" in the Favorite Hubs' tab.

About 20 people in my hub send $UserIP

again ... hub does NOT disconnect for $UserIP

CrazyGuy

Well, here's some test results that will make things more clear .... or not? 8)

Tested the following clients :

• Zion++ Blue 2.02 without sending $UserIP
  • Zion++ Blue 2.02 with sending $UserIP
  • BCDC++0689a
  • DCDM++ 0.049 with sending $UserIP
  • DCDM++ 0.049 without sending $UserIP
  • LDC++ 1.00 v2a
  • idc++ 2.01
  • Stealth Zion Blue 2.01v1.00 with sending $UserIP
  • Stealth Zion Blue 2.01v1.00 without sending $UserIP
  • R2++ [029L] with sending $UserIP
  • R2++ [029L] without sending $UserIP
  • Zion++ Green 2.16
  • zDC++ 0668z3
  • McDC++ 036
  • mdc++ 0.673I1
  • rmDC 0.403D[1]

Tested on profiles, OP, Mod and Vip.

As far as test results show, the only client having problems is Zion++ Blue 2.02 with sending $UserIP
Apparently, it has to do with sending $UserIP, but it seems to be for that client only

Since the user having this problems had no access to the chatroom anyways, suggested change of when to send room info to a user.

Jiten will follow up on that? ;D

jiten

CrazyGuy, that's quite an extensive report :P Thank you!

As we both discussed, it could be a problem related MyINFO and in fact, it was.
Now, it's only (and must be) sent on Op/NewUserConnected and it fixes this issue.

First post has been updated once more with version 4.12.

Please note that there's NO need to delete your existing chatroom database.

Best regards

((KMN))Gazza-95

jiten where can i  get chat rooms 4.12 cuz i got this runnin 4.11 -------->>>>>> Syntax [string "..."]:2: `=' expected near `v'

Dessamator

Try the first page of this thread.
Ignorance is Bliss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk