[LOCKED]FreshStuff3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

[LOCKED]FreshStuff3

Started by bastya_elvtars, 10 April, 2006, 20:38:07

Previous topic - Next topic

bastya_elvtars

Latest version is 4.4 RC2 which is Lua 5.1 compatible, but not fully tested.

http://lawmaker.no-ip.org/forum/forum.php?id=11

Edit

Compatible with 5.0.2 as well.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Nada@WTB

you rock bastya_elvtars ;D
Welcome Thieving Bastards
PtokaX 0.4.1.1
Leviathan v.4.1
ApexDC++ 1.2.1
Windows 7 Ultimate

bastya_elvtars

http://ptxscriptdb.psycho-chihuahua.net/e107_plugins/docrep_menu/docrep.php?0.view.71.19.

FreshStuff 4.4 RC4

This is the latest version before 4.4 final (hopefully), then a major rewrite comes, will be 5.0.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

GrinSlaW

i have some problem when a user login and the bot should show the latest releases it doesn't  ???
and yes i have added releases to it :P
i have tried both PM and Main same thing on both it will not show anything.
i get no errors in ptokax so whats wrong ?

cheers
.:: AcExtreme ::. | .:: AcPro ::.

bastya_elvtars

GrinSlaW

oki great :)
Posted on: 22 May 2006, 16:56:26
bastya_elvtars any luck on login release problem ?  :)

cheers
.:: AcExtreme ::. | .:: AcPro ::.

bastya_elvtars

OK, I started coding v5 a few days ago. It will be totally different from v4, the main thing is that it will be modular (1000+ lines of code in a single lua file are hard to maintain, and Lua 5.1 ,akes it possible in the way I want), and will have requests.

Other ideas are welcome here.
Development info is here.

bastya_elvtars

Coding of v5 goes fine, it will be ready for September I hope. I already have implemented requests and rewrote the code base to fit the purposes described in the links above.

zvamp

I find it very disturbing that all releases spams in main everyday. Is there any way to turn this off?

bastya_elvtars

Code: lua
    WhenAndWhatToShow={
      ["20:47"]="music",
      ["20:48"]="warez",
      ["20:49"]="new",
      ["20:50"]="all",
      ["20:59"]="new",
    }-- Timed release announcing. You can specify a category name, or "all" or "new"

Feel free to comment out or remove (or add :P) the lines you don't want. All you have to keep are the two brackets: {}
:-)

zvamp

Thanks! One more thing:

+topadders list is all fucked up.. is there anyway to reset the counter??

JueLz

Baysta a good idea would be adding a rightclick to your bot...
i have done it in my hub...
I am owner of the MzDistortion? Empire
the addy to my hub is mzdistortion.no-ip.org

bastya_elvtars

Here is a status report on FreshStuff3 v5.0 (request in action, sorry for the lovers of this particular band):

[23:21:26] *** Server command: !addreq backsterretboys
[23:21:26] <post-it_memo> Your request has been saved, you will have to wait until it gets fulfilled. Thanks for your patience!

[23:21:36] *** Server command: !showreqs
[23:24:13] <post-it_memo> 
ID: 1; backsterretboys -// Requested by [TGA-OP]bastya_elvtars

[23:24:38] *** Server command: !addrel music 1 bsb-gaymuzik
[23:24:38] <post-it_memo> bsb-gaymuzik2 is added to the releases as music
[23:24:38] <post-it_memo> [TGA-OP]bastya_elvtars added to the music releases: bsb-gaymuzik

[23:24:38] <post-it_memo> Your request ("1" has been completed! It is named bsb-gaymuzik under category music. Has been completed by [TGA-OP]bastya_elvtars.

zvamp

looks very good!! :)
How is FreshStuff3 v5. coming along? =)

bastya_elvtars

Uh, oh, forgot to keep youposted here...
OK, v5 is moving along nicely, we have a working alpha version now (downloadable from SVN, although I disrecommend using it). It will speak PtokaX and BCDC language, the latter will be done with Mutor's assistance. Many thanks, Sir! ;)

I am hoping to release the script in March, however the real release is subject the value of WID (When It's Done).

I'll keep you posted with updates. Stay tuned! :)

Here is a todo list:
Quote from: memake rightclick registration use metatables,
make script decide whether to register rightclicks or not (BCDC++ issue mainly) - this is easy, just need to (not) register this on host-spec. mods
make the script fully portable, i. e. it can use all stuff from the host program, while it interoperates with it smoothly (especially data sending)
make the script automatically detect the environment
Incorporate a word filter.
Showing category descriptions on listing
Sortin the displayed category listing

Showing latest n releases... (?)
Split this config below into module-specific parts.
Add a prune function for completed requests (low priority, since they get autodeleted upon the requester's joining.)
Establish a new file format that is suitable for storing multiline releases.
Merge Rodeo73's patches

Requests are working, multiline release names are working, but as you can see, there are many more things to get done. I will release a beta when I feel like it is ready for testing.

6Marilyn6Manson6

bastya_elvtars

Hello, people, I want opinions on the following: should mrequests be arranged under categories as releases or should they be mixed? I vote for the latter...

7P-Darkman

Bastya, I think that it separates them for categories facilitates to the research and the classification for users

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman
Owner of HUB Pantanal - Brasil

zvamp

does not matter to me I think.. But wouldn?t it be much "cleaner" to separate them?

bastya_elvtars

A few words about what's new:

1) The current alpha version is available from SVN. It is not suitable for everyday use, but testers are welcome. The SVN URL is
https://opensvn.csie.org/PtokaXScripts/FreshStuff3/branches/5_0/
You can browse the source directly if you paste that link into your browser.
2) Hopefully there'll be a BCDC-specific module. To my knowledge, this is gonna be the first cross-host Lua script for DirectConnect.
3) The bot will no longer be monolithic. This means that extra functions (pruning and topadders as of now) are stored in a separate module (extras.lua) and there is a separate request module that interacts with the release additions. Moreover, there is a kernel module that contains essential functions, and there are hostapp-specific modules that get loaded by the main Lua file. The host app is automatically detected. Only PtokaX is supported at the moment.
4) I don't plan RSS/ATOM feed generation unless someone requires it explicitly, although it is not hard.
5) The first beta version will be available in March, and the moment it gets released, there will be a feature freeze, i. e. no more feature requests will be accepted for 5.0, only bugs will be fixed.

TTB

Wow... so this version will also be available for clients with LUA support (BCDC, Zion, zK, LDC, ...) ?!
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

bastya_elvtars

Yes, if they have Lua 5.1.

7P-Darkman

Hello Bastya...

I initiated some tests here with freshstuff v5, and confess that I got excited myself with it... I liked the way very as it is organized, Bastya? and believes that he will make very success!

In my first attempt to use it, I created the sub-folders for it, and it functioned well, correctly, but, when trying to create a category, or excluds it, I got this error:

[07:52] Sintaxe freshstuff/tables.lua:21: bad argument #1 to 'open' (string expected, got table)
[07:55] Sintaxe freshstuff/tables.lua:21: bad argument #1 to 'open' (string expected, got table)

In main chat, shows: 

[07:52:28] <7P-Darkman> !addcat Filmes Filmes
[07:55:44] <7P-Darkman> !delcat warez

But... although the error message, the command correctly was executed.

I did not obtain to discover what it could be giving origin to this error, Bastya. Some suggestion?

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman
Owner of HUB Pantanal - Brasil

bastya_elvtars

Quotebastya_elvtars   Thu Mar  8 12:40:01 2007 UTC

Repository:
    https://opensvn.csie.org/PtokaXScripts/

Revision:

Log:
    FreshStuff3 changes:
      rightclick registration is done by metatables and rightcick commands can be specified inside modules (good way is undecided, though)
      host app autodetection added, detects ptokax, bcdc and verli
      moved release loading to kernel.lua
      changes to the development interface (command functions get the nick, not the userobject)
      added docs folder, and documented some development info
      fixed category saving, thx 7P-Darkman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk