Help For Ptokax and Grimoire

Help For Ptokax and Grimoire

Started by TheSoLiPsisT, 26 January, 2009, 17:39:29

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSoLiPsisT

Hey Guys, Uptil now i was using Ynhub for my local hub and recently was exposed to some hubs using Ptokax with Grimoire Commands

The Required apps i have : Ptokax Latest version 0.4.1.1 and Rincewind's Grimoire v5.2.0 Lua 5.1 API2 Edition and other scripts on darknexus site.. Client : Odc 5.31

Now i can't figure out how to incorporate the right click user commands for any profile when anyone joins the hub ..

Like in Ynhub i had configured Gbot to add/view new releases when the user logs in.. the Users had access to Right Click Menu Commands in the Hub

For Ptokax : I have tried option for bots where it says use main bot , but doesnt seem to work for me.

Plz dont be harsh as this is my first post... i have searched a lot to find even a little help.. but couldnt get any..

if this problem has already been addressed .. please provide a link for it... Thnks and even a little help is highly appreciated..

CrazyGuy

I will at least move this topic to the right place  ;)

Rincewind

I'm not quite sure what it is you're having problems with as you seem to mention both Grimoire and a release script which is not a part of Grimoire?

HaArD

I can help you....

QuoteClient : Odc 5.31

That client is over 5 years old (originally released Jan 9 2004) and has not be been supported by the developer since it's release (I'm pretty sure that was the last oDC). I'm not sure if oDC even supports UserCommands.... oDC 5.31 was based on DC++ v0.306, there are over 1,000 lines in the changelog for DC++ since then, you are missing out on a lot... (see attached changelog file)

You need to go out and update your client, now... before you even hit reply... we'll wait.....

I suggest you start with plain vanilla DC++. The latest version is v0.7091 and can be downloaded from here: http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/download/ once you've got that installed you can look at some of the various mods available here's a good resource to find a supported client one http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc/2._Installing

PPK

UserCommands are supported from DC++ 0.300, oDC is no problem and they will work ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

HaArD

OK... I wasn't sure and didn't feel like reading ancient history to find out... He should still update his client though... there are tons of other good reasons to stop using oDC.....

CrazyGuy

Irrelevant to the issue at hand...

TheSoLiPsisT

The problem is not the client.. (i initially tght odc was the problem , but our local users stick to odc since we dont like painful process of hashing the data) ...

now back to wht i want .... when i connect to global hubs which have grimoire commands.. like this..

please tellme how to do this !  ;)

TheSoLiPsisT

This is how my current Hub looks like...

I also wanna know if the user can add his releases using the user commands menu like as shown in this pic.. using Grimoire

TheSoLiPsisT

Nobody replies  :( ...

Please help me figure out how to add the commands using ptkax and grimoire as shown in my previous reply

CrazyGuy

information about how to write UserCommands can be found at several places on this board. Please try the search function :)

TheSoLiPsisT

hmmm.. so what i want is possible :D

actually i would love to learn how to make user commands but alot of ppl must have already made their versions  :D

anyways thnks..

CrazyGuy

Quote from: TheSoLiPsisT on 31 January, 2009, 19:34:01
hmmm.. so what i want is possible :D

actually i would love to learn how to make user commands but alot of ppl must have already made their versions  :D

anyways thnks..

Yup, what you want is possible (at least if I understand you correctly)
You can read some examples on my forum as well in this section $Usercommands

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk