Nick Limits?

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Nick Limits?

Started by diabolik2186, 11 October, 2005, 09:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

diabolik2186

In the PtokaX exist a function named "Check nick names"...
how can i denied some characters?

Example...
If i would denied the use of "!" character in the Nick, what I would have to write in the box?
?i@b?lik2186
F?U??? ?f

?l Pu?Bl? U???? HuB & ?l Pu?Bl? U???? W?B

member of
M@ssy GR?? ??W?RK?

DJ Bert

You can enable or disable this check. If you have disabled it then all chars can be used. + and ! are most used in the script commands. If you enable it, then you can type in the box any char you want to block what you want.

Grtzzz

DJ Bert

blacksun

hell'o,

i just implemented a rule in regex to alow only users with the folowing nick type to connect to the hub:

[COUNTRY_CODE]nick
ex: [US]nick

this implementation disconnects users that have [XX][XX][XX]nick type or nickname. (the one found by default in ptokax cannot disconnect this kind of users because it always finds a valid pattern. eg: [US][XX]nick is valid beacause " XX]n " is found by the regex engine and is considered valid. because i don't want to have such user-nicks in my hub, i implemented the following rule in regex, that excludes the above situation. the expression is as follows:

(?
thing is that, although it works in regexbuddy test, the ptokax regex engine does not recognise it (?) and disconnects even a valid nick, such as [US]nick .

can't seem to find a workaround this issue, so i ask for ure help and advice.

with respect,
F.C.

blacksun

ok, i made another rule, seems it works:

^(\[[A-Z]{2}\]\w+)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk