Finished scripts section - split it or not?

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Finished scripts section - split it or not?

Started by bastya_elvtars, 27 February, 2006, 19:44:24

Previous topic - Next topic

bastya_elvtars

Well, as you might have seen, I have added subforums (mostly redirecting ones) for AIO bots. But I have a dilemma: should we categorize scripts like on the resources site? I would like to let YOU decide, as this is a (very nice) community.
Please vote and/or share your opinions below!
P. S.: you have 14 days to vote.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

??????Hawk??????

my vote is no  ... 

reason being..... 

if trying to find a script or just looking,  it is far easier to look down one list than have to search through many different sections.

users find it difficult enough to find scripts for them selves and find it even more difficult to find the search button  ..

so  i think its best left as it is ...

??????Hawk??????

6Marilyn6Manson6

bastya_elvtars

Well, Hawk, it is not for hardening the job.  ;D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

GeceBekcisi

If it's possible, we should both have categorized view and straight view; but if not, categorized view is better IMO.
Do you need an advanced user handling script? Download UserBekcisi today (Latest Edit)
Features: User + ISP + GeoIP database, user info + share checking and many more...

Typhoon

it would indeed make the searching for specific scripts easier imo..
all security bots in 1 Category and so on..

my vote is yes

Typhoon?

Anna

I'd like them categorised, so if I look for a script thats a game for instance i dont have to scroll throug thoose that are not games...
Usually when looking for script its a specific type

[UK]Madman

I vote yes, as others have said, its much easier to find a specific type of script and the wonderful search option would still be able to search all catagories.  :)

plop

both no and yes are good options and many ppl gave good points for them.
but as this forum is for script developing and request, and the script database is to store scripts i could have said enough.
all finished scripts should be uploaded to the database (this can be done by non scripters), searching for a script is easier there.
when you can't find you turn back to this forum and do a quick search (in what many call this mess) if something is being developt, else request the script.
aio scripts should have there own subsections and maby in there even subsections (bug reports, feature requests etc..) if they don't have there own forum.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Herodes

I second plop .. thats the way things were made to be ..

Rincewind

Been thinking about it and I agree with plop that scripts should be sorted out in type on the Resource Site and not here.

Here should be all scripts in Finished so they can be seen together for people to browse during the development phase. Once developent is finsihed the scripts can be posted to the relevant section on the PtokaX Script Resource Site.

bastya_elvtars

I think if I allow attachments here, the resources' site can entirely be dumped or used as a backup - if people decide to categorize. ;)

DJ Bert

Toobster??

Psycho_Chihuahua

PtokaxWiki ?PtokaX Mirror + latest Libs

01100001011011000111001101101111001000000110101101101110011011110111011101101110001000000110000101110011001000000101010001101111011010110110111101101100011011110111001101101000

bastya_elvtars

In fact, nobody is using the script database again, I for example cannot see Lucifer 666 there - and if something happened to the forum, the users who don't use the script DB would be whining the most.

jiten

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 17 March, 2006, 17:22:05
In fact, nobody is using the script database again, I for example cannot see Lucifer 666 there - and if something happened to the forum, the users who don't use the script DB would be whining the most.
True, I didn't upload it to the db yet.
But, that's because I don't have much time lately. But, will try to keep it sync'd.

Cheers

Rincewind

I have never stopped using the Resource Site but most of my efforts recently have been on the Grimoire v3 so have done little else.

The two other things I have done recently have both been posted there (and I forgot to mention them here)

bastya_elvtars

Anyone having the script is allowed to upload, not just the author. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk