YHub and Farewell

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

YHub and Farewell

Started by NotRabidWombat, 20 October, 2003, 18:41:58

Previous topic - Next topic

NotRabidWombat

Well, this would be my third post involving a LINK to YHub's site and forum. I personally believe it's important to know your competition (you discover features and problems). Anyway, my other posts have been deleted twice with notification or explaination. I respect OpiumVolage for setting up this site and as a intelligent individual. However, I fear that your moderators have left their computers logged in and their children have deleted posts recklessly.

I refuse to be part of a communitty that censors this sort of knowledge. Good-bye to you all that I have made friends with, hopefully I will speak with you again.

-NotRabidWombat

PS:
Yhub home: http://yhub.mine.nu/
Yhub forum: http://yhub.mine.nu/forum/

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

pHaTTy

Ok but i dont think advertising YHub is a nice thing to do it a ptokax forum, maybe i will go post ptokax links in the yhub forum now,

but if you need help, we are always willing to help

-phatty
Resistance is futile!

servaks

yeah, this is stupid...
mods, delete this theard...

/shipis
My hub is back! (yeeeeeey)

hub.servaks.com

OpiumVolage

Haven't seen censored posts but:

I can agree with a link sent (preferably in pm) in reply to a request at the question: where can i find YHub (or any other).
I can agree with a discussion on any hubsoft compared to PtokaX.

I don't see any interest in a post guiving a link to another hubsoft if this isn't a little constructive with the topic of this forum.

[T-G-T]M@sto

QuoteOriginally posted by OpiumVolage

I can agree with a link sent (preferably in pm) in reply to a request at the question: where can i find YHub (or any other).

I don't see any interest in a post guiving a link to another hubsoft if this isn't a little constructive with the topic of this forum.
Ups wrong treat
The Ghost Riders - tgr.dyndns.org - The Best Danish Hub

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by [T-G-T]M@sto
QuoteOriginally posted by OpiumVolage

Is this not a forom to help newbies ? Why all this attack just becourse he ask for another webpage ? Give him then link and be happy. If this is the way you guys help, i find another forum my self.

No one is attacking no one ;)

but it is a ptokax forum, if someone asks for a link to another hub software, then pm them, it makes plenty sense, if peeps start using another hub software, and no one uses ptokax, then im sure ptaczek will stop, which i dont want to happen :(

we arent stopping YHub being sent in pm, but spreading it on a thread is childish, its like advertising in a hub, you probably ban for it, well i allow advertising in my hub as long as its a pm, but if its in main they are banned.

hope you understand my point of veiw

-phatty
Resistance is futile!

[NL]Pur

QuoteI personally believe it's important to know your competition

where are the other 12 hubs ? why just Y-hub
any special reason ?

[ES]latinmusic

QuoteOriginally posted by [NL]Pur where are the other 12 hubs ? why just Y-hub
any special reason ?
The reasons, who knows, anyway my comments:
PROs: Yhub have many features included, some are very interesting and usefull at least for me, the others no and are unusefull, for me again. Yhub have a totally nice and beatifull GUI and is plenty of options. People likes nice GUIs, and options to play with the software. Yhub also consume less resources than ptokax latest releases in equal amount of users (this one have a reason commented in 'Against'). More could be added by someone who use it, not by me since i have only take an over look to it.
Against: yhub have no script support!!, this is the reason for less resources, i don't like at all this point. yhub does not have a very friendly user interface (my point of view), crash under differents conditions many times, etc.
What i think about to talk about yhub here in the board?
Well i can leave with that, and could be usefull at all for both softwares since they are now the most in use by hubowners.
I'm totally against to people who are posting here links about yhub anyway  X(  
This is a lua board, for talk about scripts and in the finall case softwares with lua support, yhub does not support even scripts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with people discussing about hubsoft or clients for dc at all.
In this specificall case, if you start arguing, probably i will no participate since i have not many arguments to discuss about yhub. I'm ptokax user and very happy with it since more than a year ago.

klownietklowniet

Hehe... weird to finally arrive at a PtokaX - Lua forum and discussing about other hub softwares, but ok. I guess that everyone is entitled to his/her opinion about both PtokaX or other hub softwares. Most points are already covered if not all.

In my opinion, it's a personal mater really what one chooses to use for any reason that might be. Nicer GUI is maybe just as good a reason as any else. Personally I like fun scripts and that part of interaction with the hub software. So I think PtokaX is will be my choise for as long as it is in development/production.

People tend to get abit greedy on the number of users and forget about the fun part of DC and I can understand that maybe in a way.

Hub softwares with diffent paths for people on different paths. I agree for there to be a choise or an alternative...
[ > DC - UniteD < ]

(Mr420)

Well, yall know  I gotta add my 2 cents. I personally believe that using any Hub Software benefits us all, regardless of what software it is. However, I also believe that there is a time & place for everything, and this is neither the time nor place to advertise Y-Hub. I have the software, I have ran the software, and as far as a comparison....there isn't one. Ptokax dominates it, for many reasons, mainly due to the scripting support. And  so what it uses less resources...with Y-Hub, you either have it built in..or not at all.  That...to any serious Hub Owner is a draw-back. All software has flaws....scripting enables us to fix some of these flaws.  Just my opinion. I'm sorry to see Rabbid go, but to go for such a reason....is Juvenile at best.  Thanks for reading :)

Faithful Ptokax Hub Owner (who would also like to Beta test)

/(Mr420)
Ptokax Owns J000!
Owner of: ??Rg????n R?@LM?
Founder of: 420 ??+?r????

pHaTTy

Exactly, everyone is entitled to there opinion about hub software, so maybe they shud post there opinion in the correct forum :o)

YHub = YHub forum

PTokax = here

my point is, you dont have peeps posting in the yhub forum about ptokax, and how better it is compared to yhub.....i leave my arg here.

-phatty
Resistance is futile!

Skippy

my point is, you dont have peeps posting in the yhub forum about ptokax, and how better it is compared to yhub.....i leave my arg here.

-phatty

because yhub is better right now?  but maby ptaczek can get ide?s from yhub so ptokax can get even better???

good one klownietklowniet
:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
People tend to get abit greedy on the number of users and forget about the fun part of DC and I can understand that maybe in a way.

Hub softwares with diffent paths for people on different paths. I agree for there to be a choise or an alternative...

[ES]latinmusic

QuoteOriginally posted by Skippy
Quotebecause yhub is better right now?
No at all man, at least for me and there are a lot of reason for that  :P

Skippy

well diffrent hubsoft, diffrent peep?s, diffrent taste,

for my needs it?s better but i dident say that is was the best hubsoft :P

;)

BlazeXxX

Well I would simply say PtokaX is the best hub soft and No other hub soft can replace it..

I checked YHub and Most of the features are got from PtokaX and I am happy that this will be a challenge for both side of hub softs..
you always need a competition to boost up the performance and this is it..

But I can surely tell one thing, YHub won't be going much to great hubs cuz It has no scripting features...

I tried and Advertisers took over the hub as it has no censorbot or anything... And I haven't got a clue how come its thinking some connection as protocol etc..

While Ptokax Detects the protocol fine and let you in the hub...

But i would like to make a suggestion for Ptokax's future Editions.. Please Add These Functions in the Hub soft in future editions:

-Built in IP range Allow/Disallow...
-Built in Original IP checker (not any fake ips)
-Built in Time Messenger (Sends msg from a specific at a specific time)

And I think There should be a Lite version of Ptokax that has no Webserver or any extra features that would over load the servers much...

IceCube IV Build1 was a stable one and many is still using it cuz of its stability.. So something like that on TD version would be great to compete with :D

Thanks,
BlazeX

[NL]Pur

QuoteBuilt in IP range Allow/Disallow...
ptokax can ban ip ranges

QuoteBuilt in Original IP checker (not any fake ips)
fake iP?

Quote-Built in Time Messenger (Sends msg from a specific at a specific time)
I think the scripting of ptokax kicks in here :D

BlazeXxX

Hmm... I tried a lot of IP Range blockers and non worked for me...

For Example Lets say i want to ban this IP Ranges:

219.94.0.0 - 219.94.127.255
203.106.62.0 - 203.106.67.255
81.125.110.0 - 82.101.12.255

The ones I tried Just blocks all the ppl.. While comparing to the YHub.. It can allow multiple profiles and we can set whether to check on that profile to overide IP Checks etc.. And if you  are a regged user, then it overides the IP checks as well...

I just like that function as we won't use any much users, while banning big ip ranges.. It would be very good if someone suggests this built in Feature that is something similar like this:

-Add/Remove IP Ranges or ISPs..
-IP Check Against Registered Users [On/Off]
-IP check OverRide on a specific profile..
(e.g. Do not check IP ranges on VIPs.. etc..)

Thx,
BlazeX

yepyepyep4711

whoever's been deleting posts is way out of it.

This is a Forum. It's about information exchange. You can relocate a thread (to offtopic for example) if it's in the wrong one. You can edit a post if it's spam, insult, etc... but you DON'T delete. And when you do anything, you comment it. This is called assuming editorial responsibility.

RabidWombat was one of the most active and helpful moderators of the old Forum. Anyone using scripts from this forum for more than a month would know his name.
Anyone responsible for him not wanting to come back here again should be hitting their head against the wall. It's a huge loss.

SaintSinner

also my two cents, and this comes from a LOOOOONNGG time ptokax user:

friends i dont know how long you have been using ptokax but i remember when our
beloved hubsoft did not have scripting support either,
yhub looks like its getting more popular by the day
but as the developer gets more and more request for scripting support,
im sure he will implement it, just as ptakex did.

i think nothing will beat ptokax, but i do think that the software has become
"stale" if you will, with the lack of development,
dont get me wrong  i dont use yhub and never will ,
i dont like anything about it, does not suit my taste. that being, said with the lack of development
and the board and the ptokax site being shut down almost immedeatly,
this was not good for the ptokax project..
people by nature are inpatient,
they have migrated towards other hubsoftwares, problbly thinking the project was shut down.
people want to try something fresh and ptokax was not there to answer and unfortunatly yhub was,...

and i am sorry to see rabidwombat go.
Beloved friends we are here to mourn
the loss of a great friend a great mod and a great scripter.
 ;(
i hope he changes his mind one day.
but for now...

LONG LIVE PTOKAX!!!

ptaczek

QuoteOriginally posted by SaintSinner
...that being, said with the lack of development
and the board and the ptokax site being shut down almost immedeatly,
this was not good for the ptokax project..
people by nature are inpatient,
they have migrated towards other hubsoftwares, problbly thinking the project was shut down.
people want to try something fresh and ptokax was not there to answer and unfortunatly yhub was,...

Yes.. First I've got attacked by Birdy (because of some stupid personal war between him and aMutex) and my ISP has shuted the site down. At the same time the LUA forum gots attacked too...
Then aMutex has shuted down the forum and didn't gave any backup of the old database to anyone - simply dissappeared with words 'Have a fun with your hubs'.
At the same time the yhub started.
The more sad on it all is that Yoshi has discussed certain key problems ragarding sockets and networking with me in the times when ptokax development has been suspended due to my personal troubles.
He was asking for many things getting always just a partial answer - I wanted him to understand the problem, not just take the basic know-how and use it. It has led him to the success of yhub... but... Even if he gave me many thanks privately on icq I can't see a single word about ptaczek from him in the public. :o( C'est la vie...

But there is still about 1000 ptokax users ;) So the development continues with a fresh enthusiasm.
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

REBEL

Close this thread
ive read this thread and out of curiosity, I went and DL the YHub.
just to have a look at what the fuss was about .
after DLing and looking at it I went to bed.
In the morning i had a VIRUS.
WORM_NACHI.A
which when cleaning virus out the offending HOST.
was YHub.

So i suggest YHub can go to Hell.
all resorted me to close my hub to clean the virus out, so my users have suffered.
if this forum continues to talk about the YHub then i will leave and not return .
one angry REBEL

SaintSinner

QuoteOriginally posted by REBEL
Close this thread
ive read this thread and out of curiosity, I went and DL the YHub.
just to have a look at what the fuss was about .
after DLing and looking at it I went to bed.
In the morning i had a VIRUS.
WORM_NACHI.A
which when cleaning virus out the offending HOST.
was YHub.

So i suggest YHub can go to Hell.
all resorted me to close my hub to clean the virus out, so my users have suffered.
if this forum continues to talk about the YHub then i will leave and not return .
one angry REBEL

just becouse wa talk about the competition does not mean we endorse it, and nodody here asked you to download yhub and run it, why should you "leave and not return"...nodody here is at fault for that. just dont run it. you live and learn ehh.

[ES]latinmusic

Also i have to add that this can happend again, with softwares, with new virus, with not updated antivirus and also with antivirus disable to make some test, could happend even with ptokax, with yhub or whatever, so i do not see the reason here.
About yhub again.
Yhub have copyed many features from Ptokax, i'm interesting in some from yhub into ptokax, for me is no a point at all start arguing that copy features is unffair or things like that, if a developer see a feature out there and wanna implementing without the source code for me is a good way to make his own soft more powerfull, people here and out here can have good ideas, this is the main reason for finall good soft, take an example into dc++ and clones like operadc or dc++k, now i'm remember exactly the case beetween odc++ and dc++; odc++ is totally based on dc++ so opera must thanks arne about his job, also i remeber many bugs fixes and features that was present first!! in odc++ and were implemented later into dc++, so arne also have to thanks opera for his good work. Catch the point?.
For people interesting in yhub, download it, test it, discuss, argue or whatever, i think at the end this could be usefull for ptokax, yhub or the next hubsoft who is going to appear some day. For me the king in Direct connect hub servers actually is ptokax (personal opinion) and probably this will not change in next furture.
For opiumvolage
I'm requesting again a thread for:
'Ptokax features request'
There is no place for users of Ptokax can request features to see if can be included into the hubsoft or not, and this lua board is hosting too the developer, beta tester and ptokax users.
A few thougths into this: Ptacek is working hard and he is probably close to have in his hand a final stable and almost bug free release, so he can make an official release sooner or later. The point if after this, the world continues, i don't think ptacek are going to abandond his baby or something like that, so we need a place to discuss/arguing new adds for the next version he will start implementing so..
What about?

pHaTTy

Like i said in another thread, if the thread starts to get out of hand.....
Resistance is futile!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk