POLL FOR BETATESTERS

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

POLL FOR BETATESTERS

Started by ptaczek, 05 December, 2003, 13:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

ptaczek

Hi, because I would like to give the same options to everyone in the BetaTeam, I have an idea to add a subsection to the DevCorner beta download page for experimental builds that should be tested on hubs with say 800+ users (the more the better). So something like beta versions of beta versions ;)
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

Optimus

Well me don't mind at all, important is that you will continou your work. In 1 way or another :]

Dyzan

450+ user, does that count? if not, dam!  :D

Well, I can wait for more stabel beta versions to test.
But it would be nice with a new version to come out  so NightLitch and I, can continue develop our scripts. For that theres only b11 thats are stabel with scripts... but the problem is that it don't have the new fancy features that b15.x have... But then theres that nast buggs for scripts in b15.x version. Doh!  :D

Well, I hope we get a newer stabel version very soon.  ;) We, are out of schedule any way. :)

/Dyzan
---------------------------------
Sorry for my bad english.
//Dyzan @ Swenorth
Download: NXS-3.v.3.9a
Creator of NXS-3: NightLitch

Snoris

I would like to test that couse one of the hubs in my new network is 800+ users....So I could keep on bete testing if I may =]
Also intresting of continue with the hubsoft to my own hub :]

TiMeTrAVelleR

Sure lets go for it   8)

NightLitch

Do as you want ptaczek, am just testing the script section... I would want the $MyInfo to be fixed or solved
one way or another...

Good to see you by the way, have been a long time... :-)

/NL
//NL

pHaTTy

You can count me if for the next few month ;)
Resistance is futile!

turkiye

You can count me 2  :D

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by turkiye

Thread for beta testers...... ehem
Resistance is futile!

[T-G-T]M@sto

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
QuoteOriginally posted by turkiye

Thread for beta testers...... ehem
Some just need to make trouble or can't read   ?(
The Ghost Riders - tgr.dyndns.org - The Best Danish Hub

pHaTTy

Resistance is futile!

plop

tricky, 1 part of me says make that page the other says no.
as you allready say it's for big hub's only and for special testing purpose.
if you do make it then pls give some extended info on what changed or needed 2 be tested.
maby it would be better 2 make/keep it only avail for a small group of testers like you have now running those special build's.
as you can see allready some users are responding who can't make that amount of users so my gues is that even more small hub's are gone try it wich is uselless, they should be running the other releases so they can find the more rare bugs/errors.
this can help more in getting ptokax perfect.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
tricky, 1 part of me says make that page the other says no.
as you allready say it's for big hub's only and for special testing purpose.
if you do make it then pls give some extended info on what changed or needed 2 be tested.
maby it would be better 2 make/keep it only avail for a small group of testers like you have now running those special build's.
as you can see allready some users are responding who can't make that amount of users so my gues is that even more small hub's are gone try it wich is uselless, they should be running the other releases so they can find the more rare bugs/errors.
this can help more in getting ptokax perfect.

plop

very agreable, i think 750-800 is an easy target, but i believe you shud just keep it to the little team you have,

and do what plop says yep, i agree wiv plop :)
Resistance is futile!

Hades

I]'m trying to get into beta testing team without any response !!!
Can anyone help???
Ptaku seems to ignore my e mails!

NightLitch

That would be becouse we are enough beta testers...

I hope for sure now that this little beta group that have
been made surely test the Script part real good to...

Sure many of you just use the hubsoft But I want to be
able to use my scripts to 100%...

So I hope some good scriptets as well get the newest debug to...

/NL
//NL

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by Hades
I]'m trying to get into beta testing team without any response !!!
Can anyone help???
Ptaku seems to ignore my e mails!
he's human 2 just like you.
he has a busy life and can't always respond 2 every email instandly.
if he needs more beta testers he whill respond.
if not you can't blame him for not responding.
there are more ppl wanting 2 be betatester then he needs.
and it's not always fun 2 test, for example the hub can crash while your away/asleep, i bet you and your users won't like that.
be patient and pray you get selected but pls don't spam his email with requests.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Hades

I can release ptokax 03.3.0 by tommorrow but what would that be?
I know vb.c+,boreland etc so no prob just want to check it out@!

Nidaros

If u need users 2 a testhub, tell Plop and I will redirect
users.

bolamix

I voted yes, but i won't be a beta-beta tester anyway, mostly because my hub is home to all of 80-100 users ;)

And, er... take it easy, Hades, beta-testing ain't all it's cracked up to be 8) One thing I'll grant you (which hadn't occurred to me before) is that maybe ptaczek should have posted a quick post to say "enough beta-testers, no more!". Ah well, please don't go spoiling it for the other kids in the playground, patience can be as much of a virtue as knowing vb, c++ and borland.  ;)
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

Snoris

QuoteOriginally posted by Hades
I can release ptokax 03.3.0 by tommorrow but what would that be?
I know vb.c+,boreland etc so no prob just want to check it out@!

Well isnt that qute??
*Claps his hands togheter*
Lets just face the fact that the Beta testers is plenty and IF ptaczek wanna have you as a beta tester he WILL contact you....One way or another...Just be patient and let it be....
As I said there is plenty of beta testers (probablly more than enogh) so just stay calm and wait til the final hubsoft is out for every one of you people...
Hope you get the point...

PtokaX is just about love, peace and understanding...Don't ruin that :]

DarkElf

Hi, count me in and my new hub.. 1500 users max
Please sorry my bad english, i'm learning it :-D

\\100Gb ][ MeGaShArE @ I?? - ?u?i?N Owner [/I]
100gb.ifs-fusion.net:666 Only EliTe ShArE min 100gb
-={ I?? - ?u?i?N }=- N??Owner

MrZ

Hia:))

Zitat -ptaczek- :---------------------------------------------------

Beause I would like to give the same options to everyone in the BetaTeam, I have an idea to add a subsection to the DevCorner beta download page for experimental builds that should be tested on hubs with say 800+ users (the more the better). So something like beta versions of beta versions ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think u do just the right thing Ptaczek, if u wanna test something that only occour on the big hub's. Just do as u wich but tell us!

I Don't have such a hub so i cant test what u want :))

Btw this tread is about a POLL..seems like some of the post could be posted somewere else...

Z ya folks
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

Troubadour

*just for the record* I mailed ptaczek a script section error containing the scripts which i created and changed when the error occured.
(that's the 5th error i send in)
For the POLL i would recommend just another release saying something like Ptokax 0.3.3.0 (debug 15.20 bighubs) so i just can ignore it, because my hub isn't that huge.
Just had a visitor in the hub last night with the ptokax 0.3.3.0 (debug 15.18) version in his share. He was gone when i checked but was spamming the mainchat to people to download it from him and check it out.
Ptaczek keep up the good work.

-Troubadour-
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

Dax

I'm here....
I have 600 user or more(in saturday) count on me!!!
Admin of DAXHUB
daxhub.no-ip.com

[ES]latinmusic

I wanna test it, count me in as usual althougth you know i have not so many users.

I have read all this thread so:
For Beta Tester team:
Try to keep update the board about possibles problems that should come out and include the REAL numbers of users when the problem is found. Note: If you have only 10 users, don't fake the user number because if you have the beta version, ptacek will assume that you are a valid beta tester so your report is valid as others and could be useffull too. I'm interesting to know is myinfo string is back working as expected, and also if last releases of odc++ works ok with last build, for people who don't know it, there is a bug inside ptokax that could cause odc crash and ptacek already know it.

For Ptacek: I have a few ideas around, not features, not bugs so i wanna talk about them because could be interesting and also i need you authorization to do certain stuff, i will send you a pm with a little more info about it and also i will try to contact you tomorrow in the old way, as ussual, i will take not more than 10 minutes of time if you are available.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk