To All Microsoft users

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

To All Microsoft users

Started by pHaTTy, 22 October, 2003, 18:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

pHaTTy

Press outlets will blanket the world with stories about Microsoft Office 2003. Most articles will tout seemingly innocuous features and feel good quotes from Microsoft like "this is our most important product release ever." Unfortunately the press won't talk about the dangerous software buried inside this release - MO3. This code will give Microsoft the ability to change anything on your computer at anytime they wish with no notification to you.

Post 9/11, few people question actions taken under the guise of "improved security" and this is how MO3 will be foisted onto computer users - as a feature to 'make you safer.' Computer users have understandably tired of the near daily worm and virus warnings, as well as the time-consuming patch process due to Microsoft's lax software standards and its focusing not on building secure products, but products that secure its monopoly market positions. To improve the predicament which they've created, Microsoft is forcing consumers to accept MO3 embedded into every computer. Listen closely and you'll hear Microsoft mouth pieces speak of "turning software into a service" which really means they will be changing the software on your computer whenever they feel like it. They will slowly limit your ability to run non-Microsoft software. They will restrict choices on your computer to only those products they approve. They will make changes which cripple other software programs or reduce their ability to interoperate with your computer so you will be forced to use exclusively Microsoft approved products.

Microsoft may use this newfound power to fix some holes in their software,  but they will also abuse this power to further their corporate monopoly and  increase their control and profits. Microsoft has already embedded the MO3  virus into another operating system they have deployed, called Xbox. They now  have the power at anytime to change all existing Xboxes which connect to the  Internet, and they are already misusing it. They have deleted files from  users' computers without their knowledge or permission. They have added  software which has removed the ability to run competitor's software. They  have been changing users' systems without their consent and notification.  They will do the same on Microsoft Windows based computers once MO3 is  installed.

Microsoft management has shown to be deceitful and dishonest and will  continue this behavior. Twice Microsoft has been found guilty by the Federal  government of using illegal tactics to drive competitors out of business and  extend their monopoly. December 1st, 2003 a trial will take place in Seattle  Washington where more of Microsoft's past behaviors will come to light.

Infecting Friends

Microsoft Word (.doc) file open in StarOffice 7
To stop the advance of competing products and to force users into purchasing  new software with the MO3 virus, Microsoft is making certain Microsoft Office  2003 files unreadable by all older versions of Microsoft Office and all  competing office suites. Products like Sun's StarOffice are getting extremely  good at interoperating with Microsoft word processing, presentation and  spreadsheet files making it possible for people to spend close to $50 for an  office suite instead of giving $400 or more to Microsoft. To blunt this and  force users of older versions of Microsoft Office to buy new software,  Microsoft has changed the specifications for some files.

Again under the umbrella of "security," Microsoft is implementing features  which limit who can open and edit documents to further thwart competition.  Microsoft Office 2003 gives its users the ability to control who can read and  edit certain documents, but only if they use the latest Microsoft software.  If one user within an office uses this feature, all others will be unable to  use any other office suite to access that document. They will not be  permitted to run Linux software, they will be required to purchase and run  additional copies of Microsoft Office 2003. Since documents are frequently  emailed around via the Internet, this will force others to accept Microsoft's  software or be unable to communicate. Microsoft refers to this as IRM for  "information rights management," but it's really an "infection relay method"  designed to force everyone to adopt MO3. They will be using scare tactics  about leaked memos or misdirected emails to persuade unwitting computer users  to deploy this technology. Doing so will create a viral growth of MO3 which  will give MS unlimited power over every computer.

Universal MO3

MO3 will not only come with Microsoft Office 2003, but with future Microsoft  products as well. The same technology will be embedded into the next version  of Microsoft's operating system software so all users will have to accept it  with their new computer. Latest estimates indicate this new software will not  ship until 2006, so between now and then, watch for Microsoft to secretly  embed MO3 into updates or security patches that they promote for their  existing product line.

Protect Yourself

Microsoft Excel (.xls) file open in StarOffice 7
There are precautionary measures you can take to fend off MO3. First off, do  not purchase and install Microsoft Office 2003. Also, discourage those around  you from purchasing Microsoft Office as well, since one infection will  quickly grow. If you need a new office suite, check out the solid and  affordable StarOffice 7.0 which runs equally well on Microsoft Windows or  Linux computers, and can be purchased online and immediately downloaded and  installed. Encourage those penning articles and reviews to fully inform their  readers of the dangers of Microsoft Office 2003. Finally, encourage them to  do in-depth reviews of Microsoft Office 2003 vs. Sun's StarOffice 7.0 so  people can make informed decisions about the benefits and risks of either  product.

-phatty
Resistance is futile!

[ES]latinmusic

I wanna say thanks for posting the document here, i hope linux (good software at all) becomes plug and play soon and totally user firendly interface or we will be in troubles, i mean windows users like me  :(

Alexei

Linux needs to take some friendlyness-coursess or something... tryed it once... dont wanna try again... ;(

pHaTTy

Try Mandrakes 9.1 it already is plug and play, just get the drivers, ;) its the most easiest os ive used and the most customisable, i use windows 98,XP,Linux SuSE, Maddrakes and i have no probs with linus os's i have more hassle then out else with XP
Resistance is futile!

[ES]latinmusic

Now is better, but agree, for example in this moment add some hardware could be a nightmare for many people not linux/unix guru users.

pHaTTy

yes i admit, adding the video drivers can be a tw@ but you get used to it, it took me 4 month to leanr how to put my Ge-Force 3 ti drivers on, but now i know like back of me hand :o) and its great
Resistance is futile!

pHaTTy

Very soon im moving to linux fulll time
Resistance is futile!

SaintSinner

do you have a link to a newsreport or some kind of report, i have googled it and cant find anything relevant.

SaintSinner

i cant find any articles to this

[ES]latinmusic

I have remeber an interesting operating system now, just check this link.
http://litepc.com/
and make some comments

NightLitch

[ES]latinmusic am really intrested in that software...

something I have looked for... And It will not give out much noice if running from a flashcard...

/NightLitch
//NL

pHaTTy

Resistance is futile!

[ES]latinmusic

QuoteOriginally posted by NightLitch
[ES]latinmusic am really intrested in that software...
Great, remember if you test it post some comments in some place to see how works, could be interesting a second option at all.

plop

1st some advertiment  lol
http://www.morphos.net/
my dad has the beta version of this running and it's a dream come true.
the installations can't be more simple, just copy the whole cd 2 the hdd and your done.
installing drivers ???? you don't have 2 do anything.
i changed the ati 7500 for a 8500 and it booted like normal, not a single error or question, it just worked (like plug & play should work).
this 1st versions are all running on a special type of mainboard but the final releases should run on anything from  pc 2 mac.
some might say that a 600 MHz ppc is slow but i never saw windows (fully) boot in less then 3 seconds.
not 2 speak of the gui, even linux is slow compaired 2 it.
and unlike windows/linux, morphos is real multitasking, just like amiga os/qnx.
if a program crashes/freezes it won't slow down the os @ all as something like that doesn't do anything and won't get any cpu time.
ok i'll stop about this.

next is just a fun calculation a german website made.
for a company wich has 25 computers not yet running win xp and wanting 2 switch from office xp 2 office 2k3 and same time update 2 winxp it's just gone cost them 22.700 euro's ????????
you gotta be real crazy 2 do this.
the city of amsterdam thinks they can save 100Million euro's a year simply by stepping over 2 linux.
the idea i got is M$ is killing itself if they continue like this.
ok now i'm really gone shut up.  lol
i can continue for ages about this.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

pHaTTy

Mandrakes linux 9.2 people ;), can even still use ptokax with no probelm at all ;)
Resistance is futile!

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
1st some advertiment  lol
http://www.morphos.net/
my dad has the beta version of this running and it's a dream come true.
the installations can't be more simple, just copy the whole cd 2 the hdd and your done.
installing drivers ???? you don't have 2 do anything.
i changed the ati 7500 for a 8500 and it booted like normal, not a single error or question, it just worked (like plug & play should work).
this 1st versions are all running on a special type of mainboard but the final releases should run on anything from  pc 2 mac.
some might say that a 600 MHz ppc is slow but i never saw windows (fully) boot in less then 3 seconds.
not 2 speak of the gui, even linux is slow compaired 2 it.
and unlike windows/linux, morphos is real multitasking, just like amiga os/qnx.
if a program crashes/freezes it won't slow down the os @ all as something like that doesn't do anything and won't get any cpu time.
ok i'll stop about this.

next is just a fun calculation a german website made.
for a company wich has 25 computers not yet running win xp and wanting 2 switch from office xp 2 office 2k3 and same time update 2 winxp it's just gone cost them 22.700 euro's ????????
you gotta be real crazy 2 do this.
the city of amsterdam thinks they can save 100Million euro's a year simply by stepping over 2 linux.
the idea i got is M$ is killing itself if they continue like this.
ok now i'm really gone shut up.  lol
i can continue for ages about this.

plop

linux slow?????? ehem, have you tried mandrakes 9.2?

purhaps not, its fast as errrrm yep ;)

NOTE: Also peeps if you go buy the new 64-bit amd processor mandrakes linux already supports it and 64-bit makes a hell of a difference loads more times the speed of 32bit
Resistance is futile!

plop

haven't tryed mandrake 9.2 yet but the list of os-es i have tryed.
amiga-os, mac-os, netbsd, openbsd, freebsd, suse, redhat, caldera (open source and normal), debian, all windows versions, qnx, amigaDE, c64, knoppix, and many more i forgot.
the only things coming close 2 the speed of morhos is qnx/amigaos/amigaDE, wich are all real multitasking.
if you want i can send you a demo of qnx, really cool.
1 diskette working from 386 and up and has everything needed 2 surf the net + some demo's.
the big trick behind the speed is the 40KB max for any aplication build for it.
a cool remark of 1 of the programers of 1 of the games for morphos on the forum: sorry for the big update (1.xMB).
sharp is allready shipping pda's with amigaDE, 16MB ram and  you can play avi's on it in the train.

this is a screengrab from the sdk for amigaDE, just a simple example.
2 animations in windows, 5 windows with filters, and the 3 balls are animated and bounching over the screen freely.
shocking 2 see windows running underneat.  lol
i know it's hard 2 believe that anything can be faster then linux/bsd but it sure is posible.
the amigaDE sdk is avail for linux 2 and if you would run that on your mandrake 9.2 java would speed up @ least 20X.
ok i'll shutup again.   lol

plop

*note about the 64 bit amd, it's basicly 2x 32 bit, IBM has a real 64bit powerpc cpu.  lol

* fun note, printers have more cpu power then the most desktop's.
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

pHaTTy

nah atm Linux is the only OS that supports real time 64-bit with no bugs ;)
Resistance is futile!

[ES]latinmusic

Hmm plop, do you use morphos or only your dad?, if so cool what you not have it?. I'm interesting in this phobos but with more info, change one hardware to another hardware is not a probe at all that you can have troubles with the drive. Do you have proble old hardware with it?, totally new hard?, more than one hdd?, usb hdd drives?, usb drives?, understand ntfs partitions?, can take care about 120 GBs on hdds and up? Can you run Ptokax on it? Tipical aplications like office, adobe, corel, and of course Ptokax run on it?, can run opera browser?, etc, etc.
I have more question here  :(
Does any one is going to test it to see what can find out?, I'm not gonna do it, totally afraid of what happend here.
What about  ?(

pHaTTy

you can run all that on mandrakes 9.1 and above ;)
Resistance is futile!

[ES]latinmusic

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)pH?tt??
you can run all that on mandrakes 9.1 and above ;)
Mandrake is unix, totally hard to do certains stuff in unix, put here a link, i will take a look. Anyway i'm trying to find an os where i can do all things i have now and can install every thing on it without any complications, is mandrake this case?.

SaintSinner

i have mandrake and redhat installed on one system and i gotta tell you its "fun"

fun=alot of work,but very rewarding

these OSes are not for the timid.
patience and the willingness to learn are key.
i suggest any of these OSes it will be great for you
and it will be a step away from Micro$oft.

OpiumVolage

The board is actually hosted on a P2-233 192Mo Ram
and seem happy with :)

Things are going to change as soon as i free a more decent motherboard :)

pHaTTy

Yuk running on a pentium brrrrrrrrr lol
sorry no need for pentiums these days, i liked the p3 a little but they went back down hill agen, not supprised, amd rocks, they rules 64-bit processor brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

MicroBill ("There is no need for home users to use 64-bit processors they shud only be used for networks and on other major projects")

"turns away to look at his geek staff""""really im just a greedy tw@ and want to keep the 64bit away from peeps so when i introduce the MO3 virus fully then theyhave no chance, elseif they had 64bit, they wud just write programs to block it"""

64bit is so advanced if you built a neural network processor in 64bit, with no interfierence from users, then it wud learn 657 times faster then a human ever can, it cud make the most intelligent scientist look stupid ;)
Resistance is futile!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk