Problem with HubSoft.... Read and help me...

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Problem with HubSoft.... Read and help me...

Started by NightLitch, 25 October, 2003, 11:29:03

Previous topic - Next topic

NightLitch

Hey!

Have come to conclusion now that it's not the new PtokaX versions that have behaved stange...

Here it goes:

Am Typing in my Static IP (Network) in the hub in B15,
When I Connect to it with my Dynamic IP (Router) all is fine... BUT...

When Connecting with my Static IP i get this Connection Reset AND in my script if I kick,ban,disconnect user
becouse of to few slots etc. The user is still in the hub but is in some what a space in disconnect...
Can search, chat, DL lists(but don't get the hole list but can view) can't download...

This is the problem I have discussed in Beta Test Thread...

Help me come to an conclusion or better a solusion how to solve this...

I run:

Software:
Windows XP Pro B2600
Norton Antivitus 2003

hardware:
XP2600+
1,5 Gb mem.

D-Link Router/firewall

Can it be a setting in the Router maybe ??? have tried without Router, and getting the same problem...

But as above, when logging in with Router ip, (192.168.0.12) then it works like a charm...

It is more ppl than me having this problem, I now that...

One ex. is Dyzan...

Help me out plz... I beg to you all....

/NightLitch
//NL

c h i l l a

nope I have a router and I have ass hubaddress inserted the hubaddress,  and I can connect to the hub
with my local IP  or with HubIp/DNS only thing when connecting with the Local LAN IP I can't get any filelist, what is normal.

But try and disable your firewall and ANtiVirus,  and try then.. just to check if its their fault.

NightLitch

But as you could read above...

I have tried without Router/firewall...

same problem...

And The Virus Program I wont take away...

And it can't be becouse of that...

Anything else??
//NL

[ES]latinmusic

Just adding a comment herre, the problem is not the antivirus, the problem is about the router and ips.
This is related to my own connections for you take a look.
I have a router, so i have a local ip, a wan public ip (dinamic), and also there is another public ip, because my phone company uses a proxy so i'm behind a proxy ip address too. The users who connect into my server use my wan public ip using a service like no-ip. In my case, i'm totally unavailble to connect to my own server except using my local ip, i connect to 127.0.0.2 for instance. I have tested this using almost all clients and servers:
Clients: dc++, odc++, dc:pro, blackdc, koala, etc,
Servers the most common: nmdch, y-hub, and of course ptokax current in use.
I'm not trying to explain here nothing, is only a comment for people who wanna read it for documentation. Till now, i don't know a server & client who can conect beetween them using my public ip address using my difficults settings  ;(

MrZ

Hia:))

It has nothing to do with static or dymanic IP, but off cource ya cant connect with the host name if ya not have added it in ya hosts file. The DNS will translate the host name to the IP outside the router.

I am connecting to my own hub with the local lan IP and im working as normal on 2 of my own hubs and 3 other hubs outside the lan and everything is normal. so i dont see why you should have any problems.

And as ya self said its not about the antivirus prog

If ya have the hub at the same puter use 127.0.0.1:port nr, if ya have another puter in the lan use that IP and the port nr.

I know this aint mutch but i realy dont understand your problem...sorry pal..ceep n posting and well try moore

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

NightLitch

ok now I am gonna reveal one of my ips to show my problem...

hub up and running on 212.32.156.167

connecting in client with 192.168.0.214
connecting in client with 127.0.0.2

no problem at all with connection or getting stuck between getting disconnect and stay in the hub...

BUT

when using 212.32.156.167 or my HOST ADDRESS...

then I don't get disconnect, I am getting stuck between disconnecting and being online...

When this happens... I can only see my own name in list... bot,op-chat doesn't show'n...

BUT

if refreshing the list bot & op-chat are shown but not my name or any other users... This is strange...

If you wanna test and see my problem login to:

nightlitch.dyndns.org

I will be there in 10 min... but feel free testing... You gonna notice what am talking about....

*edit*

Be sure to share more than 6slots to see my problem using a simple maxslot script...

/NightLitch
//NL

[ES]latinmusic

Confirmed, is totally extrange the problem there!!!!!

c h i l l a

so you can connect locally okey...

you want to connect over your host, not using proxy.
didn't check your hub, but just some thing,  be sure your forward tcp and upd to your hub and your client, make sure they use different ports and try active and passive. if it works in passive then you have the worng active IP, active IP is always the IP you use in case of over the hostname its the hostname ip.

MrZ

Hia:))

Was on, tested and can only agree. must be a problem with that versionof ptokaX as its working with td4...

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

c h i l l a

well then its ptokax... i guess if its not a script, like it usually is when I find bugs ;).

[ES]latinmusic

Ok, the nigthlitch bug is totally present so the discussion is over, last builds of ptokax have a bug.
Tested one easy script who should disconnect people with more than 6 uploads slots open:
Test with last built:
.- You are not disconnected,
.- Your nick dissapears from user list,
.- Nobody from the rest of the user can see you,
.- You remain connected since you can type into main chat and maintain a nice conversion.
Test with ptokax td4:
.- You get disconnection and everything is fine.
Note: The same script was used for both test.
Conclusion: If the same and totally equal script, repeating IF THE SAME SCRIPT works with td4 and no latest builds, a bug is totally present into ptokax lua scripting part.

c h i l l a

hmm..  well I had to check myself.

made this script

maxslots = 6

function DataArrival(curUser,data)
	if (strsub(data,1,7) == "$MyINFO") then
		_,_,slots = strfind(data,"S:(%d)")
		if slots then
			SendToAll("Userslots: "..slots.."  Max Slots: "..maxslots)
			if tonumber(slots) > maxslots then
				curUser:Disconnect()
			end
		end
	end
end

and this one

maxslots = 6

function NewUserConnected(curUser)
	_,_,slots = strfind(curUser.sMyInfoString,"S:(%d)")
	if slots then
		SendToAll("Userslots: "..slots.."  Max Slots: "..maxslots)
		if tonumber(slots) > maxslots then
			curUser:Disconnect()
		end
	end

end

on the second I got this

Syntax Error: attempt to call a nil value
+not even a proper disconnect  only a connection rest by server.

So what does this tell us, the User changes or soemthing after the Connect. cause before the Userconnect to disconnect it its no problem.
And Ptokax can disconnect it always without problem.

NightLitch

My guess is this:

- changed code for closing user's connection (now tries send all buffered data before shuting down the connection)

when ptaczek changed this in b12 all my problems occur...

So hope for some fixes....

/NightLitch
//NL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk