how many up/users van a ptokax hub have

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

how many up/users van a ptokax hub have

Started by hutchenky, 12 May, 2005, 00:11:44

Previous topic - Next topic

hutchenky

Hi again
I run ptokax 1705 and robocop 10.01e, oh yes? yes . :P
no my question is: i have approx 72 kb/sec upload, how many users can i have in the bub? unregged users are unable to hub search, thank you for the info in advance.

Cheers:hutch

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by hutchenky
Hi again
I run ptokax 1705 and robocop 10.01e, oh yes? yes . :P
no my question is: i have approx 72 kb/sec upload, how many users can i have in the bub? unregged users are unable to hub search, thank you for the info in advance.

Cheers:hutch

You must see your contract about the exact upload speed. :)

(72 kB/s means approx. 768kbit/s upload bandwidth IMHO.)

Otherwise this can only be told by PPK, because myinfo stripping made the NMDC protocol less bandwidth-intensive.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

hutchenky

Lol , didn't you read me question good, i said approx 72kb sometimes a little more and sometimes less, i know my contract, but question was how many users can handle the hub on a 72 kb/sec upload speed?

cheers:hutch

bastya_elvtars

Lol , didn't you read me question good, i said approx 72kb sometimes a little more and sometimes less, i know my contract, but question was how many users can handle the hub on a 72 kb/sec upload speed?

So you have 72 Kbit/s upload? Strange. Anyway, the exact answer is unknown to me... :(
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

hutchenky

thnx mate, my abbo is 768 up as i do a speedtest it will give me around the 72kb/sec.

cheers":hutch

imby

thnx mate, my abbo is 768 up as i do a speedtest it will give me around the 72kb/sec.

cheers":hutch

Formula for I believe verli hub, which was a little optimistic for the old ptokax I thought. Now it's possibly a little pessimistic for the new ptokax. Anyway here it is:

(upload speed in Kbit)sqrt * 20.

so 768 sqrt * 20 = 554 users. That seems a little low to me. I'd guess between 600-700 users but hopefully someone with that connection will comfirm it.

hutchenky

are there more people with info about this?

Rahxie

I would say about 500 - 600 users, maybe more or less, just do some testing like we all do to see when we get lag etc.

I have 200 users in my hub most the time and I can upload at only 30kb/s (crappy uk adsl) but the max can go to around 300 or 350 with some lag so double that for yours :)

zoni

QuoteOriginally posted by Rahxie
I would say about 500 - 600 users, maybe more or less, just do some testing like we all do to see when we get lag etc.

I have 200 users in my hub most the time and I can upload at only 30kb/s (crappy uk adsl) but the max can go to around 300 or 350 with some lag so double that for yours :)

When you double the usercount the upload speeds grows 5x bigger. So everyone can count that 600 users is bout' 100 - 150kb/s... I dunno if this works on ptokax but it atleast works in ynhub and verlihub. Anyway i can still host with 1mbit upload about 700 - 750 users.. with ynhub or verlihub its 800-1000

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by zoni
When you double the usercount the upload speeds grows 5x bigger. So everyone can count that 600 users is bout' 100 - 150kb/s... I dunno if this works on ptokax but it atleast works in ynhub and verlihub. Anyway i can still host with 1mbit upload about 700 - 750 users.. with ynhub or verlihub its 800-1000
the protocoll is the same, it's just a mather of how far you strip the myinfo's and delay changes on then.
and i believe ptokax can actualy strip a bit more then ynhub/verlihub, just it has the extra option 2 leave active and passive in the myinfo.
which is infact for passive users a needed feature, but only czdc supports this so far i think.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

??~~~~Master~~~~??

i had an test....

i have a 768 kb/s upload just like u..... when you have an rd of a big hub you never get futher than max of 600 users... butt if you have a steady flow of user ... that means  regular user.. users that stay in the hub en don't get in and out... you reach a max of 750

that's with only robo runnig no other scripts....

when you go over that number  ptokax will start dropping users.... this test was done with ptokax 17.09...

Best regards.....

??~~~~Master~~~~??
Owner Of [NL]? Master Download Plaza?
Owner Of the [NL]?Master Download Plaza? hub

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk