Latest development news - Page 16

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Latest development news

Started by ptaczek, 14 October, 2003, 11:10:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko

So if I understand this right you can strip $MyInfo in the new ptokax. I know it is for bandwith saving but how much more users can it take? I know a friend of mine had 400+ users in his ptokax hub with 512/512 dsl, mut ynhub can take 700+ users with same connection.
Will the new ptokax be able to compete with that?

Waiting for new ptokax..................

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by BeeR
HI ,,
 Now when the release of the new Ptokax getting closer
 i wonder what OS (win 2000 , win 2003 or win xp) you Beta-testers recomend for for the best performance ??
my personal advice is win 2k pro for small hub's and win 2k server for big hub's.
pro is lighter then xp and server is lighter then 2k3.
i reached 0.0% cpu on about 30 users on win 2k adv ser.
beside this i found the uptime bug on this system, about 60+ day's.
then ppk gave me permision 2 install an updated beta. lol

QuoteOriginally posted by Alexandros
:D  :D  :D   good to see you back :D :D :D

P.D: i dont see "save config" button in screen  :D
why would you need 2 press sutch a button when it's running on a computer, those can do that for you. lol

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

QuikThinker

So everyone's back and happy smiles n parties bein thrown, but is there a rough date on release yet? lol

Pothead

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
QuoteOriginally posted by Alexandros
:D  :D  :D   good to see you back :D :D :D

P.D: i dont see "save config" button in screen  :D
why would you need 2 press sutch a button when it's running on a computer, those can do that for you. lol

Maybe because if you don't click the close button, before closing the hub (on existing versions), it doesn't save changes to the .ini file. :)

bolamix

QuoteOriginally posted by QuikThinker
So everyone's back and happy smiles n parties bein thrown, but is there a rough date on release yet? lol
Nah, partyin' first :D Maybe you should think slower from time to time... allow for the beauty of the moment to pass by... Then you can start being patient :D
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

bolamix

ooh take it easy, have a blue pill, and please show some respect. thank you.

it's been said many times: ptokax is developed on free time and good will, so don't expect anything, and be glad whenever you get it. makes a surprise every time.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Jaakko
So if I understand this right you can strip $MyInfo in the new ptokax.
Yes, PtokaX have option to strip description, tag, connection and email.
I know a friend of mine had 400+ users in his ptokax hub with 512/512 dsl, mut ynhub can take 700+ users with same connection.
If is with PtokaX 0.3.3.0 build 15.25 or older then is good. Old PtokaX versions waste badwith on myinfos, and have only few "small" badwith optimizations. Most parts is rewriten for real and very advanced badwith saving (i use some trick not used in YnHub :] ).

Will the new ptokax be able to compete with that?
Only god knows. I make my best and actually don't have more ideas for badwith saving :(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

QuikThinker

Yo, don't tell me about respect pls. If u check some of ma posts in the past u see I got nuttin but respect 4 the people of the forum. I'm jus tryna say it's ok bein all pleased and kissin ass but let's jus ground ourselves 4 a second and get back to reality. All I asked 4 is there a rough estimate 4 release date?
No disrespect 2 pta whatsoeva as all us PtokaX users owe a great deal to him. But PPK is the man who took on the project and by the looks of things done it very well.
Keep it up  :]

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by QuikThinker All I asked 4 is there a rough estimate 4 release date?
No release date... but this weekend looks good ;) But if you want it now, actual version (0.3.3.0 build 16.02) is in my share on DC  :))
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
QuoteOriginally posted by QuikThinker All I asked 4 is there a rough estimate 4 release date?
No release date... but this weekend looks good ;) But if you want it now, actual version (0.3.3.0 build 16.02) is in my share on DC  :))

Two questions, is that invitation open to everybody, or just him? If the answer is to everyone (including myself of course), may you PM me or post here your hub address?

DEEP-GOA

gnammmmmmmmmmm  :]

http://deep-goa.no-ip.org
Put any term or title on me you want. What I am is what I do. I make things.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by imby Two questions, is that invitation open to everybody, or just him?
For anyone who find me :D

imby

I found some other czech guy who had it, (0.3.3.0.b16.02.9x.dgb.rar) in a same hub you were in. hope that's ok. couldn't find a compiled version in your share.

Madman

he has compiled versions in his share.. they are just ziped in 7-zip format...
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

bolamix

Sweeeeeeeeet thanks PPK!

@QuikThinker: i thought "stfu" wasn't very respectful to me... but i'm over it now ;) and release date is NOW!

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by bolamix
Sweeeeeeeeet thanks PPK!

@QuikThinker: i thought "stfu" wasn't very respectful to me... but i'm over it now ;) and release date is NOW!
ya, for those that now how to find PPK on DC, he isn't really telling it to everyone  :rolleyes:

Another thing is that very few scripts has been converted, so haveing the new ptokax wont do so much.

And is this "0.3.3.0 build 16.02" stable?

QuikThinker

Ok so I may be a bit slow here but do we now av 2 convert all oure current scripts to LUA5?

Optimus

QuoteFor anyone who find me
hehehe

btw version 0.3.3.0.b16.02.9x.dgb.rar is for win9.x systems use the 0.3.3.0.b16.02.nt.dgb.rar version for NT based windows systems

- Optimus

Skrollster

QuoteOriginally posted by blackwings
ya, for those that now how to find PPK on DC, he isn't really telling it to everyone  :rolleyes:

Another thing is that very few scripts has been converted, so haveing the new ptokax wont do so much.

about the stability no one wants to say anything not even me..

PPK changes too much in every new version to tell..

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by blackwings
I don't have reported any problems with stability... :)
Maybe is here some problems with hub stop, but now i have only one report without debug.log :(

plop

the client i have in ppk's hub is sharing a public release of a.i. for lua 5.
just you need 2 disable !whois and !freeslots.
and read the docs carefully as some ppl had trouble launching it @ 1st, but it definatly works.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Pothead

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
Maybe is here some problems with hub stop, but now i have only one report without debug.log :(

I've had similar trouble.  Cannot find debug.log (but probably not looking in the right place).  To stop this error, just don't Enable Statistics on the Options page.  If you have the MS Access-db components installed it probably works.

Great work everyone who has who has help make this, and thanks for the public-ish type of release. :D

Quattro

found the first spelling error in new ptokax :P
[20:59] The User <******> has just registered themselves

Themselves is plural :S
him/herself

my advise is to make it....
The user ***** just selfregistered.
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
found the first spelling error in new ptokax :P
[20:59] The User <******> has just registered themselves

Themselves is plural :S
him/herself

my advise is to make it....
The user ***** just selfregistered.

Is that a built in command? Is there a list of built in commands?

(or The User <*******> has just registered himself/herself.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk