Mean_Machine - Page 24

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Mean_Machine

Started by Snowman, 12 October, 2003, 11:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

night_hawk

how do i set the program so that vips have to follow the slot/ hub ratio rule...i set !setslotshub a 2 but that only works on regs and users..but not vip..is there a setting i can search for to fix this ...just till you are done with your new verion...if you do not mind...

night_hawk

when i use commands everyone in my hub sees the commands...why is this happening...

Snowman

night_hawk:

The problem about others seeing your commands is news to me. Are you sure they are not sent in main but in a message to you only?
You can send the commands directly in a PM to the MM if you want to be sure others should not see them. just use the command "!!" (two quotes) to open the PM.

The other thing about the slots/hub ratio...
I must admit I can't even remember if that also was ment for VIP's...

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

MrZ

Wake up, rise and shine and pls prepare for a new release of ptax on a hub near you  :]  :]  :]
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

Snowman

It's about time :)

Now I just hope it doesn't require too many changes in my script :D

Snowman
\"The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn\'t suck, it will be a vacuumcleaner\"

Mean-Machine Homepage

MrZ

Hia Snowy :))

Wel i guess we better prepare to convert to lua5
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

Snowman

Hi MrZ

Preparing to convert :D

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

REBEL

hi Snowman

Now there is a release of Ptokax lua 5 based
im not sure in Mean_Machine which parts to change
I know you are working on a new one,
but is there anything in old one i can change for the time being.
Thank you REBEL

Snowman

REBEL:

I can't even say for now as I don't even know LUA v5 yet.
Have to find out what parts will be incompatible, but I'll let you all know when, how & what :D

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

REBEL

Hi Snowman

Thought i'd try the new Ptokax hub and run
Mean_Machine to see what happens
these are the errors i got
No syntax errors in script file Mean_Machine.lua
No syntax errors in script file Mean_RightClicker.lua
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:108: attempt to call global `readfrom' (a nil value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:1092: attempt to call global `strfind' (a nil value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:1111: attempt to call global `strfind' (a nil value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:1092: attempt to call global `strfind' (a nil value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:1544: attempt to concatenate global `lang2' (a nil value)

hope it helps

Snowman

YIKES!!!  

I'll have a look at that AND the new PtokaX within a couple of days...

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

NightLitch

Hey Snowman, if you run like Editplus or an editor where you can FIND and REPLACE words it will be fast converting.

strfind --> string.find

tinsert --> table.insert

and all your filehander functions you need to change look in the Lua5 HowTo FileHanderls by me then you should not have any bigger problem.

You now Lua4, Lua5 is not that much different.

Cheers
//NL

Snowman

UPDATE!!!

The existing script have been updated to comply with LUA v5.0

Hope it all works as all I did was to incorporate a conversion script included in the LUA v5.0 distribution AND adjust a few frmhub: commands.

If not, please report.

I'll start REAL conversion of MMv3 shortly...

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

REBEL

hi snowman

dont know if i got this right,
i used Mean_Machine 5 from your site,
which i thought was the update,
not getting any errors because its not working
as the only commands i get are Ptokax built in.

All i did was let Mean_Machine 5 overwrite exsisting script.
Or do i need to put a totaly new script in.
Thanks in advance
Rebel

Snowman

REBEL
Eh... You did what I planned should work... Hmm... I'l check it out right away after work today...

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

Snowman

v2.4.27.3

This version corrects the following problems:

Compability with the new LUA 5.0.
Error in 2.4.27.2 made the script ignore all commands.
Now supports PtokaX 0.330.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

REBEL

Hi snowman

Brilliant job again !!!!!!
im now running the new Ptokax hub
with my fav Mean_Machine.

no errors to report as yet, keep everything crossed
that we dont get any.

if there is anything you need me to test,
please let me know.
keep up the great work buddy  :D
REBEL

night_hawk

is this the new verion you been working on for a long time or just the test drive 4 made to run in the new lua5 ptokax

Snowman

This is just the old one...

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

REBEL

Hi snowman

getting these errors

Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:260: attempt to call global `type' (a string value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:252: attempt to call global `type' (a string value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:260: attempt to call global `type' (a string value)
Syntax C:\Program Files\PtokaX New\scripts\Mean_Machine.lua:252: attempt to call global `type' (a string value)

there is more ive just shortened it
basically all the same lua numbers
have fun
REBEL

Snowman

v2.4.27.4

Tried to fix a problem reported by REBEL.
'Tried' because I can't seem to replicate the errors.

REBEL:

I am not sure if I solved the problem but I tried removing some obsolete code from the script. Hope it fixed it.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

Snowman

I just want to say a few words about MMv3.

It is going great with the UI for it. Guess I will be done with it within a week. 2 at the most.
BUTE when I am 100% done with it, I have to do a SERIOUS cleanup of the script itself.
Want to make it as effecient as possible so rewriting everything for Lua v5 is the only way.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

Snowman

v2.4.27.5

Just discovered I made a HUGE mistake on the last update.
This caused it not to read ANY settings or any other files.

This is now corrected.

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

night_hawk

Snowman may you please change your stand along IPGuard so that it runs on lua.5 i really need this one thank you...

Snowman

night_hawk:
I can't do it at the moment as I have lost the sourcecode for it but it WILL be back as a stand-alone...

Snowman

Mean-Machine Homepage

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk