When you are in the passive mode, why there is a limit of only 5 search results?

When you are in the passive mode, why there is a limit of only 5 search results?

Started by CR, 08 December, 2015, 14:58:33

Previous topic - Next topic

CR

Why not increase it to higher?
Why not give this option to the hub owners to set it?

Thank you.

the-master

keep on sharing :)

PPK

Return only limited search reply count per search request is done on client side. Nothing can be done on hub...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

CR

Two conflicting answers. Both of you:
kindly let me know where is this option in Prokax server/
kindly let me know where is this option in DC++ normal client software.

I could not find it. so kindly mention it step by step with exact titles.
Thank you.

PPK

Here is no option for that in client software. It is reasonable amount to avoid overloading of hubs.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

CR

Found the option in server software.
No option is there in client software.

Btw, is there any other difference in active and passive mode other than the number of search results?

Thank you for the help.

PPK

Active - To this client is possible to connect from internet. He can download from all users. He is receiving search results directly in max count 10 per search request. Only around 30% of clients is active.
Passive - To this client is not possible to connect from internet. He can download only from active users. Search results is receiving through hub in max count 5 per search request. Many passive clients is passive only because user is not able to setup firewall/nat/something_else_in_router_or_another_network_device.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk