hub registration

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

hub registration

Started by Pieltre, 26 February, 2005, 06:30:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Pieltre

Hi,

I've been running ptokax for quite some time now, but I never inquired into getting the hub more visible.   The field about 'register address', that says by default 'dreamland...'  is the one that lists my hub on the public hub list, isn't it?  If I want to get more visibility, what should I type there?

regards,
Pieltre

Pieltre

an update:

I found some interesting post on this forum about this, and I finally found out that the reg.hublist.org server was listing my hub, but with the wrong settings.  Since I left Holland, nothing has been updated, although I could see that the tracker had 'seen' my hub today, with 0 users, same yesterday and the days before... But my hub has an average of 150 registered users... what am I doing wrong?  

cheers,
Pieltre

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by Pieltre
an update:

I found some interesting post on this forum about this, and I finally found out that the reg.hublist.org server was listing my hub, but with the wrong settings.  Since I left Holland, nothing has been updated, although I could see that the tracker had 'seen' my hub today, with 0 users, same yesterday and the days before... But my hub has an average of 150 registered users... what am I doing wrong?  

cheers,
Pieltre

Should say on //www.hublist.org for your hub info why it isn't showing all the users. i.e. 'private' or 'pinger nick banned.' If you're reg only the bot wont be able to get in, therefore it wont list the users or appear on the user hublist as there's no reason for it to.

Pieltre

Hi,

thanks for the reply.  I have finally got my firewall to allow pinging and since then, the bot registers the number of users correctly, but there is still a problem.  It doesn't list the correct country... is there anything I can do?

regards,
Pieltre

imby

Guess you could try emailing the admin, my friend has a hub on there which has shown the wrong country for like a year, hasn't changed at all.

Lucifer

trust me if you email the admin you wont get an answer i tried 5 times and no rteply yet and that was 3 weeks ago my hub is on hublist.org but not on the public hublist thing in dc++ its very odd it says im the hubowner but yet i dont see my hub on public hublist i have almost 90 users and no sign of my hub on public hublist the hublist.org oublic hublist thing i asked em to fix it but no reply lol those ppl are just lazy lol

imby

at the moment they only show the top 1500 hubs which really sucks as those hubs who need the users wont get them. It's sad to see your hub actually decreasing in members rather than rising.

Pieltre

Hi,

thanks for the replies.  My hub has more users than a number of hubs listed there.  I hoover around 150, registerered.   Also, I have tried contacting the admins of the site, but as you said, they didn't reply.  Also, the country thing is really quite messy, since it hasn't changed the country since I left Holland about a year and a half ago...   I give up, it,s not worth the effort.

Pieltre

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk