Bancommands

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Bancommands

Started by TTB, 17 October, 2007, 16:13:15

Previous topic - Next topic

TTB

Hi PPK and all other scripters, users of PtokaX.

I'm in some DCH++ hubs, and this hubsoft has a very good bansystem imo. It could be nice to put this also in PtokaX. Please let me explain...

Here are the cmds of PtokaX:
!ban <nick> <reason> - permanently ban user with given nick, followed by disconnect.
	!banip <IP> <reason> - permanently ban IP address.
	!fullban <nick> <reason> - permanently ban user with given nick, followed by disconnect.
	!fullbanip <IP> <reason> - permanently ban IP address.
	!nickban <nick> <reason> - ban user's nick (if user is connected then is disconnected).
	!tempban <nick> <time> <reason> - temporary ban user with given nick, followed by disconnect.
	!tempbanip <IP> <time> <reason> - temporary ban IP address.
	!fulltempban <nick> <time> <reason> - temporary ban user with given nick, followed by disconnect.
	!fulltempbanip <IP> <time> <reason> - temporary ban IP address.
	!nicktempban <nick> <time> <reason> - temp ban user's nick (if user is connected then is disconnected).
	!unban <IP or nick> - unban IP address or nick.
	!permunban <IP or nick> - unban perm banned IP address or nick.
	!tempunban <IP or nick> - unban temp banned IP address or nick.

These are a lot of commands. DCH++ method:
+banuser <nick> [time] [desc]	bans user by nick and ip (if known) 
+bannick <nick> [time] [desc]	bans user by nick 
+banip <ip> [time] [desc]	bans an ip or subnet (to ban a subnet, use "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/yyy", yyy may be 0-31) 
			you can also use +banip <ip>-<ip> [time] [desc] to ban a range

What is the meaning of this? Well... this is what I want to make clear:

With +banuser online people can get banned. This is by nick and IP. Online and offline ppl can be banned by +bannick and +banip. To unban ppl, you can unban them by +banip <ip> 0 and +bannick <nick> 0. Permbans can be done with time = -1. In this case I catch ALL commands of PtokaX (exept the fullbans).

Basicly, I have 3 commands supported by DCH++ who catches the following PtokaX commands:

!ban <nick> <reason> - permanently ban user with given nick, followed by disconnect.
	!banip <IP> <reason> - permanently ban IP address.
	!nickban <nick> <reason> - ban user's nick (if user is connected then is disconnected).
	!tempban <nick> <time> <reason> - temporary ban user with given nick, followed by disconnect.
	!tempbanip <IP> <time> <reason> - temporary ban IP address.
	!nicktempban <nick> <time> <reason> - temp ban user's nick (if user is connected then is disconnected).
	!unban <IP or nick> - unban IP address or nick.
	!permunban <IP or nick> - unban perm banned IP address or nick.
	!tempunban <IP or nick> - unban temp banned IP address or nick.

PPK and other scripters.... what do you think about this? Is it not better to have less commands for this? The fullbans should be done in an other way. Maybe is +fullbanuser, +fullbanip and +fullbannick an option?

I just wanna make a suggestion! What do you think?  ::)

TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

CrazyGuy

Well, I do agree we could do with a few less ban commands.

Here's a suggestion from my side

!permban <what> <why>   - permanently bans the given nick/ip
!tempban <what> <time> <why>  - temporarily bans the given nick/ip
!fullban <what> <why>  - fullbans the given nick/ip

!unban <what>  - unbans the given nick/ip from all lists

PPK

CG your suggestion is imho exploitable. For example when i use "!permban 213.235.184.138 because test", what i want to ban ? What will be banned ? :P Not much users using ip like nick, but imho it can be problem to ban them with your suggestion ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

TTB

I think the IP bans and nick bans should be seperated. But... think about this. The unban commands can be done with 1 cmd. Why should an OP fullban and ban an IP/nick? I think that one unban cmd will do. That saves 2 cmds already.

With the suggestion of CG, I've made the following list:

!bannick <nick> [time] [desc]
!fullbannick <nick> [time] [desc]
!banip <ip> [time] [desc]
!fullbanip <ip> [time] [desc]
!unban [ip/nick] <ip/nick>

When time = -1 then permban.

Regarding to my previous post, the +banuser cmd is removed. The time can't even be 0  (unban cmd added). Regarding to the post of CG, the fullipban and fullbannick is added.

What about this?
TTB

CrazyGuy

Looks good  :)
PPK is right in the fact that a nickname can "look" like an IP address , I forgot about that in my enthusiam  :P

PPK

Quote from: TTB on 18 October, 2007, 10:53:49
What about this?
1 ) you can't fullbannick
2 ) you have way to ban nick or ip, but no way to ban nick+ip  ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

TTB

Quote from: PPK on 18 October, 2007, 22:04:20
1 ) you can't fullbannick
2 ) you have way to ban nick or ip, but no way to ban nick+ip  ::)

1) !fullbannick PPK -1 You're wrong ;-)
2) The removed cmd will come back: !banuser <nick> [time] [desc] // !fullbanuser <nick> [time] [desc]  (only when nick is online)

Update:
!bannick <nick> [time] [desc]
!fullbannick <nick> [time] [desc]
!banip <ip> [time] [desc]
!fullbanip <ip> [time] [desc]
!banuser <nick> [time] [desc]
!fullbanuser <nick> [time] [desc]
!unban [ip/nick] <ip/nick>

When time = -1 then permban

If a user is banned with (full)banuser, the "!unban nick <nick>" removes also the IP of the banned user.

It would be nice to have also reply's from other scripters...
TTB

PPK

Quote from: TTB on 19 October, 2007, 10:08:06
1) !fullbannick PPK -1 You're wrong ;-)
Are you joking ??? Learn first how banmanager in PtokaX working, before you try to create new commands.

TTB

There is a nicktempban and a nickban. The fullbannick should be removed... sorry about that. And... PPK, what should you suggest?
TTB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk