Web server

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Web server

Started by rellik, 24 May, 2009, 14:33:27

Previous topic - Next topic

rellik

Hi
I've searched the forums , but cant an answer for my problem.
I am trying out ptokax 4.11 . My problem is that i cant get the web server working.
I have copied the html files from my previous (ver 3.5.2) hub, but it just doesnt look like the web server is enabled.

I have tried ptokax 4.11 gui , but cant find anywhere in the settings where to enable the web server (like in previous version)
I have also tried ptokax 4.11 Win32 Service, but cant see any entry in the settings.xml to enable the web server.

Is there a specific command to enable it?

Thanks

rellik

Ah , thanks.

So how do guys run web servers now? Something like wamp and then they are just able to pull certain values from ptokax ?

Azurious

where we can find it?
http://www.desideshat.com - The World Of Desi Stuff!!!

rellik

Thx for your help Mutor.
For the other fools like me out there, this what i did to get ptokax 4.11 working with web server

Configure Ptokax server.
Download Mutor's pxweb script. (I used 1.0c as im missing the libraries to run 1.0d)
Configure a 3rd party web server like WAMP (Winxp also has built in IIS server if u like) and configure the root folder to c:\ptokax\hmtl\webstats

rellik

Soz man, more questions
Ok after some playing (and reading) i have pxweb 1.0d script working ( Obviously downloading LuaFilesystem files)

I am unable to figure out exactly when the html pages are updated.
If i delete the html files, they are created, but shouldnt they keep updating ? If new users connect to the hub, will it reflect that?
What could be the cause of it not updating, or how frequently does the html files update?

Thanks
Rellik

rellik

Ok , it doesnt seem to refresh the files.
If i do run a syntax check i get this error

Syntax [string "--[[..."]:52: attempt to index global 'SetMan' (a nil value)

Any idea?

rellik

Oops yes, sorry i didnt think about where i'm posting it.

I went and deleted all the .web files and the html directory. After a while it recreated them. It all seems to be working 100% now.

Thanx for the help and the great work your doing Mutor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk