encrypt....

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

encrypt....

Started by angelsanges, 27 February, 2004, 09:39:35

Previous topic - Next topic

angelsanges

why "encrypting" some Bots?
i konw that is ths a sort of "your work protection" but....in this way you do not give the possibility to a person to learn some LUA...
I know also that there is a LUA manual out there but...for some dummies is difficult to learn from an official manual.........(or not?)

this is my opinion...what do you think?

Stravides

Yea well I agree and disagree with your post...  I can see where you are coming from, but these scripts are fairly Advanced in some cases, and if you are starting out, maybe you should take a peek at the excellent tutorials in the How-To section on creating your 1st Bot.

As Far as I am concerned, I've spent nearly two months solid on my code and think that it's an ok bot for me, and does what I want it too..  It's a labour of love and has made me swear n smile and generally wanna throw the pc outta the window.  But saying that its my IP, and as long as thats respected then I have no problem with ppl having the code to see how I do things.  The problem comes when hubs are using complex algorythms to ban and filter out users... if the users find out these they can be bypassed, so thats one reason why the code is not open sourced...

If you wanna learn Lua - just take a look on this forum, get a couple of scripts mess about with them, change them completely rewrite them, make a function library..
then you can just call from the libraries instead of rewriting all the code..

you can then just expand and modify to your hearts content...

Hope this was useful....
Stravides
For RPG Books, Mp3 & Videos
We host trivia  and the ever failing Smeagolbot

Event_Horizon

in the How-To section are 9 lessons to learn a bit about scripting, if that is not enough 4 you write your script as you think it's right, if it doesn't work u can paste it here in the forum & I'm sure u will get help from our PROs.

somewhere on this forum also must be a link to the LUABOOK or u'll find it in any Hub.....

Heads up & go to work  :D
Greez ????_H???z??
??????????????????

??/v\\ \'?\' ?@?? ???? is Secured by RoboCop? Created by Optimus?

[NL]Pur

i don't see how anyone can have such complex algorithmes, that it must be top secret.

Even dc++ is opensource and dc++K CDM and more clients are. The dc protocol is well documented and you can download if you want. So your still think you got algorithmes that are from such a high standard that there not to be seen in the public ?

And what so wrong about copying of other ppl functions.
I think if this forum put heads together you get a lot better quality in scripts.

Some functions/scripts are really chewed out by some ppl, and it's almost impossible too improve those.

/Pur

NotRabidWombat

It's not encrypting. It's compiling. Compiling is the process of taking human readible code and making it machine readable. This results in code being executed faster (just like you use the binary form of DC++ instead of the source). Compiling is performed through an application called luac. This application is open source. So it would be possible to reverse engineer the compiled lua.
Plus, compiling lua does not remove function names or strings. Nothing is really hidden.

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

angelsanges

QuoteOriginally posted by Stravides
Yea well I agree and disagree with your post...  I can see where you are coming from, but these scripts are fairly Advanced in some cases, and if you are starting out, maybe you should take a peek at the excellent tutorials in the How-To section on creating your 1st Bot.

As Far as I am concerned, I've spent nearly two months solid on my code and think that it's an ok bot for me, and does what I want it too..  It's a labour of love and has made me swear n smile and generally wanna throw the pc outta the window.  But saying that its my IP, and as long as thats respected then I have no problem with ppl having the code to see how I do things.  The problem comes when hubs are using complex algorythms to ban and filter out users... if the users find out these they can be bypassed, so thats one reason why the code is not open sourced...

If you wanna learn Lua - just take a look on this forum, get a couple of scripts mess about with them, change them completely rewrite them, make a function library..
then you can just call from the libraries instead of rewriting all the code..

you can then just expand and modify to your hearts content...

Hope this was useful....

"I can see where you are coming from" what do you mean?
I love this forum and when I have problem's whit scripts or requests...I use this forum and appreciate the help of LUA experts...
I'm learning lua via the book and also via other bot's/scripts made by others but....some interesting functions are luac.exe-encoded....
I'm only telling you that FOR ME the encoding of bot's/scripts is not good for this forum...also not good to expand the number of lua experts.
Encoding scripts/bots or not for me it is the same, important is that this comunty never dies and the number of us that know LUA grows up!

angelsanges

QuoteOriginally posted by NotRabidWombat
It's not encrypting. It's compiling. Compiling is the process of taking human readible code and making it machine readable. This results in code being executed faster (just like you use the binary form of DC++ instead of the source). Compiling is performed through an application called luac. This application is open source. So it would be possible to reverse engineer the compiled lua.
Plus, compiling lua does not remove function names or strings. Nothing is really hidden.

-NotRabidWombat

yeah reverse engineer....but for some ppl that is on this forum this procedur is a bit complicated...

[NL]Pur

-NotRabidWombat

You can reverse engineer Windows too but that doens't make it Open source.

NotRabidWombat

Ok ok. I think you guys are missing something here.

Nothing in Windows is open source. However, the compiler, parser, and everything used with lua IS open source. Any method of compiling lua can be undone by simply examining the code used to perform said operation. luac even includes a method to examine the lua assembly language in a compiled lua

Let's start by creating a simple listing of the lua bytecodes from a compiled lua program.

From DOS: luac -l filename.lua >> output.txt
filename.lua is the compiled lua file

Open output.txt, it should be in your working directory.

A quick glance at the first line tells us what function we are in what source file it was compiled from. This is very important to understanding the flow.

Execution starts in main (not Main, case sensitive) in lua.

Down a couple lines is the stack of the function. Each line is an instruction. The first column is just an instruction increment. The second column reffers to the line from the source file. The third is the opcode. This is the operation to perform in the instruction. Next column is the operands. These are the varibles that the operation is performed on. The kicker is the next column. These are comments, but the comments include variable names and string references! =-O
There is enough information here to follow the flow of the script, even recreate all of the source code with an application (less the comments).

A good place to start to understand the opcodes:
http://www.lua.org//manual/4.0/manual.html#5.

So go be script reverse engineers ;-)

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

[NL]Pur

tho we discussed it many times,

the discussion was about why
and not how, too it's nice too know how todo it :)

tx rabid ^.^

edit
there is a lua decompiler program, commandline util very easy in use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk