Previous topic - Next topic

PPK

I want script that will block these clients:
ApexDC++ (ApexDC++ in tag) version 1.0.0 Beta 5, 1.0.1 and 1.1.0
StrongDC++ (StrgDC++ in tag) version 2.06, 2.1, 2.11, 2.12, 2.13, 2.2 and 2.21
RSX++ (RSX++ in tag) version 1.00B2, 1.00B3 and 1.00

They will be disconnected with reason:
Your client is not allowed here because use code against licenses:
1 ) Use code from DC++ 0.701 and newer and is compiled Windows Template Library (licensed under GNU GPL incompatible license). DC++ license for 0.701 and newer don't allow that.
2 ) Use code from DC++ modifications (CZDC++, oDC, PhantomDC, PossumMod, ReverseConnect) and is compiled with OpenSSL (licensed under GNU GPL incompatible license). None of mentioned mods allow that in license.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

bastya_elvtars

You should instead notify SFLC. And it isn't illegal to use them, only to distribute them.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 17 August, 2008, 14:41:22
You should instead notify SFLC.
I don't think that this is work for SFLC. I'm contacted sourceforge, because they using it for project. Sourceforge wanted that i'm send info about this problem to project administrators, and if they don't fix it then sourceforge remove them :)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Big Muscle

Quote from: PPK
PossumMod
But this you mean "FolderTree" which isn't licensed under PossumMod, but under Naughter Software which states "You are allowed to include the source code in any product (commercial, shareware, freeware or otherwise) when your product is released in binary form."

Or you mean PossumMod's license which has never been attached to source code, so it can't violated? Maybe, you are more clever, so you could provide us which PossumMod's license is violated  ;)

Quote from: PPK
ReverseConnect
But this you mean "sorting in TypedTreeListViewCtrl"? Firstly, you should know that nothing like this was present in ReverseConnect. It was present in RevConnect. Secondly, you should know that liny (RevConnect's developer) gave me the right to do with this code everything what I want. The only condition was that there must be a simple notice that the code is originally from RevConnect. Since CzDC has removed this notice, than it's CzDC who violates liny's copyright!

Next time, try to find facts before trying anything  :P

Also, you could show us part of license which forbid using of code you told.

And simple question: do you want a script which will block other clients which don't release source code at all? Or this is another try to make you visible and to show that StrongDC++ and its derivations are bad? Btw, there's more StrongDC++ derivations which doesn't release source code at all, so it is funny that you named only mods which I wrote in Nighthawks Forum  ;D ;D

PPK

Quote from: Big Muscle on 19 August, 2008, 12:57:12
Since CzDC has removed this notice, than it's CzDC who violates liny's copyright!
CzDC don't violates liny or someone else copyright. RevConnect is licensed under GNU GPL with exception allowing compile with WTL. I'm using that code as license allow me. That liny code that i'm using don't have any copyright notice in RevConnect source, and no liny copyright is in file where that code is.
Quote from: Big Muscle on 19 August, 2008, 12:57:12
you named only mods which I wrote in Nighthawks Forum
Yes you point to them, i'm checked them and i'm sure they will thank you for problems that you caused to them :P

Big Muscle

Quote from: PPK on 19 August, 2008, 23:38:52
CzDC don't violates liny or someone else copyright.
yes, it does... it violates StrongDC++ license (by removing copyright notice). It violates DC++ 0.7xx license, because CzDC contains one fix which I post to DC++ 0.7xx and CzDC use it without updating license..

RevConnect is licensed under GNU GPL with exception allowing compile with WTL. I'm using that code as license allow me. That liny code that i'm using don't have any copyright notice in RevConnect source, and no liny copyright is in file where that code is.
This would be true in the case you copied the code from RevConnect. But you didn't, by simple checking the code, it is obvious that you didn't copy the code from RevConnect under GNU/GPL, but from StrongDC++ where it was included under liny's copyright.

Btw you forgot to respond to the rest of my post  ;D

PPK

You are wrong, as always.
1 ) In CzDC is no file from StrongDC++ with removed copyright, and if you finally read GNU GPL (you should do that when you start using it to know what it contains), then you found that it is NOT contains that copyrights must be copyed with code :P
2 ) DC++ license was changed to 0.701, so if you pointing to 0.70x don't mean that i'm violating license. As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007. DC++ 0.700 was released 2007-10-11, that means that last code by me was copyed from pre 0.700 svn.
Because you are not able to tell exact version i can only quote one of my favorite quotes:
QuoteTalk is cheap. Show me the code. Torvalds, Linus (2000-08-25).
3 ) Liny code is from RevConnect, why i should have it from copy when i can have original ;D If it make you happy think about it like i'm removed that copy from strongdc++ and copyed it from RevConnect instead 8)
4 ) I'm not forgot, it simply don't deserve my respond.

Big Muscle

Quote from: PPK on 20 August, 2008, 11:45:33
You are wrong, as always.
1 ) In CzDC is no file from StrongDC++ with removed copyright, and if you finally read GNU GPL (you should do that when you start using it to know what it contains), then you found that it is NOT contains that copyrights must be copyed with code :P

Quotation: "Part of releasing a program under the GPL is writing a copyright notice in your own name (assuming you are the copyright holder). The GPL requires all copies to carry an appropriate copyright notice."

2 ) DC++ license was changed to 0.701, so if you pointing to 0.70x don't mean that i'm violating license. As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007. DC++ 0.700 was released 2007-10-11, that means that last code by me was copyed from pre 0.700 svn.
Because you are not able to tell exact version i can only quote one of my favorite quotes:3
It's really sad that you don't remember the dates when you released your version. Quotation from your forum: "29/FEB/2008 Updated CzDC 0.699 B available..." and this version was (maybe it still is) available to download in your forum. It contains timer race condition fix which I post to DC++ and gave copyright to arnetheduck. If you still want to lie about it, I can simply provide screenshot about it... there are 3 possibilites:

1) you took this fix from DC++ 0.705 => you violate license of DC++ 0.705
2) you took this fix from StrongDC++ => you violate license of StrongDC++
3) you took this fix from some of my patch file => you violate my copyright, because I never released such patch under GNU/GPL.

3) Liny code is from RevConnect, why i should have it from copy when i can have original ;D
ok, let's say it's true, but then you could explain why it contains changes (even it's really small changes) which were present in code that liny had sent me before it was included in RevConnect. And these (small) changes aren't present in RevConnect. It's really interesting. Are you able to explain it?

4 ) I'm not forgot, it simply don't deserve my respond.
yes, it doesn't, because you would have to admit that you were wrong and it's too hard for you. Firstly, you claim that StrongDC++ violates PossumMod's license, but then you are not able to provide such license. the same pays for RevConnect  ::)

7P-Darkman

Hello friends ...

Let me intrude in this matter. Let us remember that we are part of a P2P network, and the essence of P2P is a sharing, just a song, a software, a script or only an information!

I am a teacher, and during my job i show to my students various information and knowledge that I was not I who produced, but it is unprecedented for them.

I could collect copyright for that information and knowledge?

The copyright seem unfair, and then we all should reverence to all distinguished genius of humanit, after all, that they were not really brought new information to humanity?

This discussion refers to the substance of what is the copyright, and rather we would never finish it, if start to discuss it.

I would therefore propose to all here to look adopt a model of copyright that approaches over how knowledge is produced, and all I know, which I think is the most fair of the Creative Commons.

I feel very happy when I know that the little that I collaborated to create something else a very good and cool, and would be most happy if my name (or nickname) was cited as one of those who contributed to this being created... That would be a large payment by little I did for humanity?

So I suggest to friends that begin to seriously consider the Creative Commons license, which I believe to be the fairest and that comes closest to the way knowledge is produced.

For more information, visit the site of it ... here:  http://creativecommons.org

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman
Owner of HUB Pantanal - Brasil

PPK

Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22
Quotation: "Part of releasing a program under the GPL is writing a copyright notice in your own name (assuming you are the copyright holder). The GPL requires all copies to carry an appropriate copyright notice."
That line is not in GNU GPL version 2.
It's really sad that you don't remember the dates when you released your version.
No, only you can't read. So again for you... As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007.
there are 3 possibilites:
You forgot number 4. Someone send me url to patch, i seen where i should use fastlock and created that 3 lines fix yourself :P
but then you could explain why it contains changes
I don't need to explain you why any code in CzDC contains changes.
you claim that StrongDC++ violates PossumMod's license
PossumMod is DC++ mod and as DC++ mod is and must be licensed under same license as DC++ was. You should be able to find what is his license in source, most source files contains that info in header.
the same pays for RevConnect  ::)
Maybe you don't violate RevConnect license, but you always have enough violations to be removed from sourceforge.

Big Muscle

Quote from: PPK on 20 August, 2008, 23:55:22
That line is not in GNU GPL version
You should read GNU/GPL FAQs  :P I also wrote to GNU/GPL experts and that line is true. The answer from them was that if I want to be known as developer of code in modified version of GNU/GPL program, I can attach copyright notice to that code and this notice must be present in every copy.

2.No, only you can't read. So again for you... As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007.
Nobody is interested what you wrote in your changelog. The fact is that you released last version on 28 February 2008 with change from DC++ 0.705 and you didn't update license. You also changed your license.txt file without arnetheduck's agreement.

You forgot number 4. Someone send me url to patch, i seen where i should use fastlock and created that 3 lines fix yourself :P
If there had been some number 4., it would be still copyright violating, because the patch was created by me and you don't have any rights to use it. If that patch was created by different person, then it hhad to be created against DC++ and  it means you violate license of DC++ 0.705, because you use its code.

I don't need to explain you why any code in CzDC contains changes.
Yes, you don't need to explain it but then it's sure you violate license.

PossumMod is DC++ mod and as DC++ mod is and must be licensed under same license as DC++ was.
It's you who say it. Since there's no license file near PossumMod source code, it's not obvious which license applies to it. And even though you were true, then I still not violate its license, because used code (FolderTree) is licensed under Naughter Software and not under PossumMod.

PPK

Quote from: Big Muscle on 21 August, 2008, 09:44:18
The fact is that you released last version on 28 February 2008 with change from DC++ 0.705
Fact is that 28 February 2008 here was no DC++ 0.705, it was released 2008-03-14. I can't violate license of something that not exist in time when i released my version :P

Big Muscle

lol, you have nothing to say so you are trying to catch the words. You're so funny.

My patch was applied on 3 February 2008 (http://dcplusplus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dcplusplus/dcplusplus/trunk/dcpp/TimerManager.cpp?r1=811&r2=987&sortby=file), your version has been released on 28 February 2008. So it's obvious. Also, you're version is licensed under some license which DC++ has never been released under, so it's sure that it violates DC++ license (and if it's not DC++ 0.705, then it's DC++ SVN987 which is licensed under same license as DC++ 0.704 and DC++ 0.705).

27P-Darkman: I have never been interested in any copyright violating. PPK violates many copyrights (for example DC++, oDC, PhantomDC, RevConnect, StrongDC++ etc.) and it doesn't annoy me. I just wanted to say that PPK tries to beat someone for something what he does too. It's also funny that PPK violates the valid law of the Czech Republic and complains about some license violating  :o StrongDC++ is licensed under license which was allowed by DC++'s copyright holder. Also PPK isn't qualified person to complain about something; nearly nobody uses his small DC client and he's angry about it, so he only wants to do something to make him visible (but he still has no success). Only Jacek Sieka (DC++ copyright holder) has the right to complain but he doesn't.

Stormbringer

BM, don't be surprise PPK like to complain, for this topic, for others too  ::)
Instead of beiing eternaly very annoying, he should work on ptokax (Stilll a lot of job to improve it).
Strong dc++ is a good client, it's all what I know, if he want to block your client let him do it, your client is welcome in most of hub, and we wait on new version because it's a good mods!   ;)

PPK

Quote from: Big Muscle on 21 August, 2008, 12:34:04
Also PPK isn't qualified person to complain about something
Of course i'm qualified. StrongDC++ is CZDC++ mod and contains many my code and use that code against license.
Quote from: Big Muscle on 21 August, 2008, 12:34:04
but he still has no success
Same is for you, i'm NOT copyed any code from DC++ 0.701 and higher. I'm NOT copyed that timermanager fix that you point to, i'm already explained that i'm created that code yourself.

blastbeat

Maybe thats a bit off-offtopic but beside the license issues there is also the IPRED2 which maybe threats us all (at least citizens of the EU):

from http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/ipred2/ipred2.en.html

Developers in grey areas: DeCSS, filesharing

The European Copyright Directive (com(2001)29ec) greatly increased the scope of copyright law. As well as prohibiting unauthorised copying of information, copyright law now restricts how the public can use technology to access or view copyrighted information. For example, you are a copyright infringer if you develop your own software to watch a standard DVD that you have bought. Writing software to share files with others over a network could be copyright infringement; it's a grey area. The threat of jail sentences and the other harsh measures in this directive could scare people away from writing or publishing many types of useful software, including types of software which are illegal-but-tolerated or which are grey areas.

What do you guys think about it? It seems that this IPRED2 is the reason of Aquilas retire.

blastbeat

Well, this scary shit will be a law in near future.

ruler

if they could put a meter on the air you breath they would and laws are there to be broken. they only make new laws when there is a profit to be made and know they are going to be broken. i blame the general public for letting these low foreheads to get away with making these news stupid laws. how the fuck can you copyright something anyway its dumb

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

Big Muscle

Quote from: PPK on 21 August, 2008, 23:30:33
Of course i'm qualified. StrongDC++ is CZDC++ mod and contains many my code and use that code against license.
StrongDC++ is DC++ mod. It's true that contained some buggy code from CZDC++ and it still contains some stupidly called variables taken from CZDC++ but it doesn't do the CZDC++ mode from it. But true, StrongDC++ contains some code (Shutdown timer, Toolabar settings...) copied from CZDC++, but such code was copied to CZDC++ from client which was licensed only under GNU/GPL (without any exception), so it is still obvious that CZDC++ and CzDC violates license/copyright.

Also, it is obvious that if you had fixed such important bug on your own, you would write it in your changelog. But you didn't, the same happened with all bugfixes copied from StrongDC++. You don't want people to know that you copied something from concurrent clients, so you just don't put it in your changelog. It's obvious.

I'm NOT copyed that timermanager fix that you point to, i'm already explained that i'm created that code yourself.
The possibilites has already been written, if you didn't copy that fix from DC++ then you copied it from StrongDC++ or you used code from my patch. It's not possible that you fixed the bug which DC++ developer had been looking for few months and you fix it immediately after it's fixed in DC++. It would be really big coincidence. Maybe it would be understanble if you used classic critical section, but since you used spin locks like me (after I did many tests what's more efficient) then it's obvious you didn't wrote it on your own and copied it with copyright violating.

PPK

Quote from: Big Muscle on 22 August, 2008, 09:46:06
if you had fixed such important bug
3 lines fix for something that happen once per 3 month for me was imo not important.

Big Muscle

once per 3 months?  ;D now it's sure you have absolutely no notion why this fix is there  8)

Nada@WTB

LMAO, the hypocrisy, you guess make software to enable hubs to share copyrighted material, yet your all pissed off because someone does not adhere to the gpl? We have more important problems to worry about, such as an incompetent moron being in charge of the most powerful country on earth.
Welcome Thieving Bastards
PtokaX 0.4.1.1
Leviathan v.4.1
ApexDC++ 1.2.1
Windows 7 Ultimate

Nada@WTB

Quote from: Mutor on 13 August, 2009, 02:43:25
A. Hubs don't share any material, copyrighted or otherwise. Users do.
B. I don't think anyone is advocating the illegal sharing of copyrighted material.
C. I didn't know China was run by an incompetent moron.
D. If you take a year to reply to a post, do you really need to post at all?

Sorry, fell off my meds and was bored. ;D
Welcome Thieving Bastards
PtokaX 0.4.1.1
Leviathan v.4.1
ApexDC++ 1.2.1
Windows 7 Ultimate

PPK

Quote from: Nada@WTB on 12 August, 2009, 19:18:05
LMAO, the hypocrisy, you guess make software to enable hubs to share copyrighted material, yet your all pissed off because someone does not adhere to the gpl?
1 ) Hubs don't share anything.
2 ) Users share, and most of things in share is copyrighted in some way (For example i have copyright for everything that i wrote, it is caused by Berne Convention. That means that my post on this forum are copyrighted too and nobody is trying to remove this forum because here is copyrighted work). But that not mean that it is something bad or wrong because not everything have license that not allow redistribution of that work.
3 ) Yes i'm care. I'm created something and give it public available for free under gnu gpl. Someone took it and use in his work and spreading lies about me, about my code and in end he started using that code against license.
4 ) Thank you that you opened that topic again after year, that remembered me that i should check if they fixed that problem, but they don't ::)

I'm told them that they use code that they can't, they don't do anything with that so they don't give me another choice. Today was disabled public access to strongdc on sourceforge. That was first, same happens to others too.

pompidom

Still looking for this script PPK?....since the post is quit old ;)  if so then I have one...
With Regards,

Pompidom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk