PtokaX Feature Requests

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX Feature Requests

Started by Requiem, 03 April, 2005, 20:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

I am requesting a new part for the forum; PtokaX Feature Requests..

Dessamator

Ignorance is Bliss.

Shurlock

I would almost  agree! But.....
do we not already have that?

It would be very surprising to me if the 'Requested Scripts' were not read and filtered on 'good ideas'.

Just an opinion.  :)
If it's raining and your roof leaks, fix the roof. DON'T try to stop the rain!!

Bertee

Would it be possible for PtokaX to send a message to op chat with the details of users that get banned for 3 x bad password so that someone can deal with the problem?

Hope this is the right place for this if not please ignore the above and pretend it wasn't here/remove post (delete as necessary)  :]
????? T???z ????? M?  
 Part Of The ::?::??????ms::???w??k:: Of DirectConnect Hubs
Powered By PtokaX 0.3.3.1 & RoboCop 10.01e

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertee
Would it be possible for PtokaX to send a message to op chat with the details of users that get banned for 3 x bad password so that someone can deal with the problem?
Yes, is possible ;)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

raz

also i've seen it in yhub not sure about ynhub but you can invite people into the opchat. could dat be implented in.

oh and wouldn't it be easier if vipchat was implanted in the software. as there will be no script needed for it, then less resources would be used and less cpu therefore giving better perfermance of the ptokax client. lol

RaZ

p.s. i know there is a script for inviting users to opchat, but i reackon it would save more cpu if it was implanted in.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by raz
also i've seen it in yhub not sure about ynhub but you can invite people into the opchat. could dat be implented in.
Yes is in my todo, already requeted by someone other :]

QuoteOriginally posted by raz
oh and wouldn't it be easier if vipchat was implanted in the software.
If you want VIP chat please use script...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

raz

kool. lol if i get any other ideas. i'll let you know. k  :D

RaZ

Troubadour

Could there be a inbuild search option or line counter in the script-editor part?
That sure would make lots of people happy!

Regards,
Troubadour
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

??????Hawk??????

QuoteOriginally posted by Bertee

Hope this is the right place for this if not please ignore the above and pretend it wasn't here/remove post (delete as necessary)  :]

--   3X Bad Pass Cleaner By ??????Hawk??????
--                  03/04/2005
-- Op Notify added 05/04/2005

Bot = frmHub:GetOpChatName()		--//     Comment for Hub  Op Chat
--Bot = "Scripted Ops Chat Name"		--//     Uncomment for Hub  Op Chat

CleanTime = 12 --// Time In Hrs Default 12 hrs

function Main()
Counter = 0
cTime = 1000 * 60 * 1
SetTimer(cTime)
StartTimer()
end

function OnTimer()
	if Counter == (CleanTime * 60) then
		CleanBans(1)
		Counter = 0
	else
		CleanBans(0)
		Counter = Counter + 1
	end
end

function CleanBans(data)
	local t = GetBannedItemIp( "3x bad password")
	local LoopStop = t
		if t then
			while t do
				if data == 1 then
					Unban(t)
				else
					SendPmToOps(Bot, "User:- "..t.." Has been Banned for 3 X bad passwords  Please Check.")
					if LoopStop == t then break end
				end
				 t = GetBannedItemIp( "3x bad password")
			end
		end
end

TTB

nice... *copy* *paste* RUN  :D
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

Herodes

QuoteOriginally posted by Troubadour
Could there be a inbuild search option or line counter in the script-editor part?
That sure would make lots of people happy!
No way.. as i have expressed myself before on this,.. The Script Editor should be put in a coffin and the coffin should be given a proper burial ... it is a useless buch of lines and I can't imagine myself using some developed IDE in PtokaX for Lua... even for smaller scripts the use of a proper editor is a must. ( two windows make things less complicated in this case, although not in every other case .. )

Troubadour

Herodes,

Let's say we don't all agree to your opinion about this issue!
But what do you offer as a perfect replacement of the inbuild editor and how do you find bugs in a editor if you create a lua scripting file (does it contain a check syntax too?)
Do give me an editor that can do both things!

Regards,
Troubadour
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

Herodes

QuoteOriginally posted by Troubadour
Herodes,

Let's say we don't all agree to your opinion about this issue!
But what do you offer as a perfect replacement of the inbuild editor and how do you find bugs in a editor if you create a lua scripting file (does it contain a check syntax too?)
Do give me an editor that can do both things!

Regards,
Troubadour
needless to say that I respect different opinions on this. But,... the error messages from scripts in ptokaX have nothing to do with the script editor itself,.. the only thing that they share is the same tab in Ptx..

Apart from the bugs that appear in runtime,.. EditPlus can integrate the lua console and find out the syntax bugs in a jif.. bastya elvatars has given some tips how to do it on this board.

Just to staighten things. i am against opening the scripts within the PtokaX window, because that confuses lots and lots of ppl,... and cause it will never be practical the sizing ofthe PtokaX window isn't even close to a practical editor ( I am aware that it can be resized.. but the rest of the tabs aren't designed for no other than the initial sizes ..)

Bertee

Cheers for that Hawk but what i actually meant was when the user got banned for 3 bad passwords it sent the user name to opchat.
????? T???z ????? M?  
 Part Of The ::?::??????ms::???w??k:: Of DirectConnect Hubs