PtokaX vs Y-Hub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX vs Y-Hub

Started by Flux, 25 October, 2003, 12:48:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Flux

I noticed many hub owners are moving to Y-Hub by Yoshi. I have investigated this program and found some good points and bad points with Y-Hub but i will not get into these points here.

I have always been a proud supporter of PtokaX, but since i have seen the Y-Hub I have one question in my mind that is bugging me, this question may have been asked before and i have missed it...

When do you think PtokaX TD5 will be ready, I know it has been delayed and i am sure it will be delayed further due to certain circumstances. Also will PtokaX TD5 use less ram and cpu power just like Y-Hub.

I can see why many hub owners are moving to Y-Hub but i do not wish to move to Y-Hub as i will loose many features and characteristics in my hub that i have now thanx to PtokaX and many script writers...

Y-Hub does look a sufficient little program but i love PtokaX and i am concerned will i choose to move to Y-Hub sooner or later. Al i would like to know as the same with other members here is there any concerns for us to be worried about with PtokaX in comparisson with Y-Hub and if PtokaX TD5 will be ready soon and what will PtokaX TD5 have and won't have and any other info.

As I said before PtokaX is absolutely great cause the script gives character to a hub, also i would like to know if this is also true. If you have alot of scripts within your hub will this make the hub operate slower and cause some lagging. Also will this be the same for PtokaX TD5.

I apologise if this has been asked before, but i am concerned now after testing Y-Hub.

I hope my questions can be answered with the relivent answers and i hope it will all be good news too.

May PtokaX out live other hub softwares...
? Official HoD Website - http://www.houseofdance.net
? Official HoD Hub Community -  hodhub.dyndns.org:2007

[NL]Pur

if you look in t his thread from time too time
you'll see that there lots of changes made and are in testing fase.

http://board.univ-angers.fr/thread.php?threadid=53&boardid=1&sid=bb0e17bb670b078f79885d55b0a83425&page=9

ptaczek

Flux,

first the bad news: there will be no TD5

now the good news: Im working on version 0.330 which has certain significant changes in the network core. First experiments with new core were done on this June but then the delay... :/
The 0.330 version will be also more carefull to the memory and the CPU. According to Romulus, new debug build of 0.330 with huge script and userstatistics is capable to handle more than 1100 users on P2/400MHz without lag and uses significantly less cpu than any previous version!
The 0.330 has modified buil-it checkers to feed the need for individual redirect for every checker, has better DC tag parsing algo, has added control of individual scripts...
Extensions in scripting subsystem are on the way and planned is also plug-in support.

But intensive testing before release is necessary because a lot of hubs uses ptokax now.
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

pHaTTy

btw yep in regards to td5 if there is no td5 were are you taking us too? :o)

which direction are you pointing in?

what i mean is whats to come, the name?
Resistance is futile!

Flux

Thanx [NL]Pur & ptaczek.

ptaczek  that was what i wanted to hear. I know testing is very important till the public release of the next PtokaX release. It was just a major concern of mine after looking at Y-Hub and i really wanted to know and put my mind at rest about the next PtokaX release as i i don't want to move to Y-Hub.

I realize these releases do take time but now that i know there will be another release but not as TD5 i feel more relaxed knowing that my hub will soon be more better. I also wish i could be a tester but really i don't think i can plus i don't think my members will like me having the hub up and down several times a day hehehe.

Though I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your Beta Testers for a job well done for the next release. Also i gather the multi hub situation will be scrapped due i beloved friend amutex (I think that i remember his name hehehe) departure from the team.

Thanx again ptaczek for a quick response reply and i wish you all the luck for the release of the next version... :)  :)  :)

MrZ

Hia:))

I was lurking around on a lot of hubs yesterday, havent been doing that 4 a while now. I was shocked about how many went over to Yhub:(

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

pHaTTy

ye ive noticed all they so called ptokax users, the ones they say ptokax rocks, its the best and then they turn there back and use YHub pis*** me right off :@

i feel so angry now brrrrrrrrr, wish i had not read this topic
Resistance is futile!

raz

i know the y-hub has come in a suprise. i knew about it a while ago but i didn't know it was such a hit. there has 2 be a site or something where all the users are finding out about the software and den downloading it. 1 reason for dem going 2 y-hub can be because the forum shut down and dey need scripts or help for their hubs as dey couldn't find alot/any they mush have went 2 y-hub. we have 2 get dem back to our software. somehow. :D

pHaTTy

hmmm i didnt quite get that.........but yes anyways heehe ;)
Resistance is futile!

Flux

I have the link for the official Y-Hub website i will share it with you, but remember i am sharing this with you for information purposes only and i am not entising you to download the material.

http://yhub.mine.nu/

:]  :]  :]  :]  :]

MrZ

Hia again :))

We need moore of our "old" scripters back

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

pHaTTy

I am truly sick of seing peeps post links to YHub, peeps go chekc out the link then they try YHub then they dont come back to ptokax :(

STOP posting links to YHub there is already links to it in the forum
Resistance is futile!

Flux

(uk-kingdom)pH?tt?
 if you notice Y-Hub have links to this forum and also state that PtokaX is a very good software. i would not worry that much. Plus it would be nice if you ask properly instead of getting insulted of people posting links about Y-Hub for which I truly did not know this has been done before.

Also many people who use this software state in there hubs that they are testing. so i reckon when the next PtokaX release is available we will have members come back to PtokaX. there is not much worries really after ptaczek has given us a brief description of the next release of PtokaX.

PtokaX will always have it's dedicated followers so please don't be harsh of me or others sharing information and and links as i have seen links to us from Y-Hub so i think there is nothing to worry about, ok if members use Y-Hub let them be it's a free world but i am sure they will be back with us.

As i am still here cause there is no way that i will want to loose my hubs characteristics without PtokaX software and the love of the script writers..

I know you are trying to look after this forum which is very good, so i apologise for doing sharing a link for information purposes only, so if you want delete the link off the post as i was only using for information purposes to other members...

Sorry.. ;)

pHaTTy

No its fine im not aiming it qat you, im just saying STOP out loud so peeps see it, and realise its already been linked to the YHub forum, so they dont post as well, i have seen the YHub link on about 10 threads so far, ive never been to the YHub forum, so i dont know about the links, im not intending on doing so, i also admit to testing YHub, but i wud never stop using ptokax, and im not gonna delete the link, means then someone else will come along and do the same lol ;)

l8rr,,
Resistance is futile!

Flux

Ok mate hehehe.

I have tested this Y-Hub and for my opinion i don't really like it, as many PtokaX hubs have caracter and individuality especially with the scripts that are made for PtokaX. With Y-Hub it has inbuild commands but the all look and operate the same to me. I do like some percifics but these percifics will be implimented on the next PtokaX release.

So you and I and many others will certainly be looking forward to that special PtokaX release.

thats it from me till the next time we meet hehehe.

Take it easy all PtokaX users  ;)  ;)

Alexei

Well thats all i think -- YHub sucks... even thou some ppl like it... before they get their hands on Ptoka ;)

Thats all folks

TranceSwede

well until the new ptokax is released I had to setup a yhub to my friend...ptokax kept crashing...and it was the ICE Cube which is suppose to be a very stable release...and NMDC can't handle over 110 users...it was causing alot of lag...so what to do...TD4 has to many bugs....as I'm running TD4 myself I know..the hub goes down about 3-5 times a day....since he switched to yhub he has almost no CPU load from hub and no lag...and most important of all...no donkeys and no crashing....so until the new ptokax is finished it's a good substitute....yes I know Yhub makes U loose alot of the characteristics of the hub...but with good users in U don't need to script anything...I like ptokax of course...and I like to script...but TD4 has to many bugs...could be my system to since I'm running on a win2k3 server...but alot of my friends also has problems with TD4...so it came down to a few choices...run ptokax and loose users everytime it crashes...or NMDC and get lag...or Yhub none of the above...remember these r just my experiences from it...ppl can make up their own opinion about it by testing for themselves...it's a free world
Owner of (?`?._.?? TR???M???ä?._.???)
adress: trancemania.bounceme.net
15GB min share

pHaTTy

Well why not use test drive 3 which is probably the most stable or try test drive 4 whihc i have no probs with :P

YHub.........Traitor lol joking ;)

good luck but you will get bored, ptokax rocks
Resistance is futile!

raz

if u lot add a game in ptokax 0.333 maybe ppl will come back on 2 it. it will make the hub more interesting. :D i bet every1 will like it.

plop

TranceSwede:  if your hub goes down 3-5x a day there is something wrong with your setup.
here most the op's restart it themself after 6-7 day's.
all the hub's used 2 run on xp but we changed the main hub 2 win 2k adv server, this because xp died and ptokax indeed started 2 crash.
this was a reall good move as we now can take more then 100 users more before the lag starts 2 show up.
the trick behind this is that i stripped nearly everything from windows wich isn't needed.
the less services you are running the more memory/resources are free for ptokax 2 be used the better it runs.
win 2k3 uses way more resources then 2k.

ptokax rocks big time, it's so boring without bot's making fun of us, or other funny remarks.
(!seen -Bure-, <-Bure-> I'm always here you fool ;))
specialy if users get confused and start thinking the bot is actualy human.  lol

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

BlazeXxX

Hmm YHub .. Well as their hub soft mentions.. Its for kids to play around.. I tried it , but i never liked their scripting interface.. No anti advertise bot nor any good scripts..

And out of all that, some crappy handshake timeouts.. Even though we have  1Gig line :p Its still a Beta version guys.. Ptokax is been rocking the DC community for ages and wil be.. I can surely say, I will be using Ptokax Till the end, no matter what new baby hub softs comes up.. Our Parent Hub soft (PtokaX) is there all the way with us ;)

Don't even bother comparing a good hub soft with a Beta hub softs :p

Always the Fan of Ptokax :D

TranceSwede

Plop Win2k3 is way more fast then win2k and way better....I don't know where U got the idea that it would take more mem....it takes less mem then WinXP and just a little more then win2k....win2k3 fresh install takes about 80-90mb of mem....while win2k takes about the same om fresh install....I suggest U try it b4 U say something like that.....and turning off services...I'm no n00b if U think so...I'm actually a trained IT-Tech/Support...I have turned off all the services that can be turned off without causing system instability...

why ptokax is crashing for me I don't know...it gets mem crashes...although there's nothing physically wrong with my RAM...I suspect the donkeys has something to do with it...and I don't have a dedicated PC for this since at the moment I can't afford one...so am running it on my main PC....when the memcrash occurs I get a box with a warning...then no one can get into the hub....so I have to restart hubsoft...sometimes I have to restart whole pc for them to be able to get back in....which is really annoying....and for my m8 ptokax started to just shutdown by itself after about 3 hrs the icon just dissappeared and he had to start ptokax up again and then it all went over again....he's running on an XP system....and my other m8 who's on win2k and has a dedicated pc for it...the same thing occured for him....
Owner of (?`?._.?? TR???M???ä?._.???)
adress: trancemania.bounceme.net
15GB min share

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by BlazeXxX
Hmm YHub .. Well as their hub soft mentions.. Its for kids to play around.. I tried it , but i never liked their scripting interface.. No anti advertise bot nor any good scripts..

And out of all that, some crappy handshake timeouts.. Even though we have  1Gig line :p Its still a Beta version guys.. Ptokax is been rocking the DC community for ages and wil be.. I can surely say, I will be using Ptokax Till the end, no matter what new baby hub softs comes up.. Our Parent Hub soft (PtokaX) is there all the way with us ;)

Don't even bother comparing a good hub soft with a Beta hub softs :p

Always the Fan of Ptokax :D

Hmmm what scripting interface?

ive not seen none, and no scripts neither, just visual bots...........
Resistance is futile!

Skrollster

Lets face it pt 0.3.2.6 is NOT stable!!!

even i who realy loves scripting and ptokax is using YHub in some of my hubs, the reason is:

1. Its stable
2. It doesn't disconnect ppl at random
3. Its very resource friendly, cpu, mem...

But as soon as 0.3.3 is released public all my hubs will use it... (if it is stable enought)

right now i'm in the beta team, and i love it, but it has some time before the final release can be done..

but it is worth the time waiting.. promise :D

BlazeXxX

(uk-kingdom)pH?tt? : oops wrong word i used there :p

I meant the built in functions...

Skrollster: IceCube IV was way Better and I still use that cuz i can wait for the rest of the tiem for a better version soon... I would prefer waiting for Ptokax's next release than YHub's final version :) Wen it come sto final, u will end up with the same memory usuage and CPU .. lol .. :p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk