"pop-up =]" flooder

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

"pop-up =]" flooder

Started by Jaras, 22 January, 2005, 10:39:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaras

Hi there lua freaks!

I'm trying to add function, which allow to flood chosen user with xx messages, but in separate privs, to make his client soft gone crazy. To open new priv message "window" in his client i need to send PM from logged user or registered bot ( am i right? ), so i do this:
for i = 1, iCount do
	local sGhost = "CloseMe"..tostring( i )
	frmHub:RegBot( sGhost )
	Victim:SendPM( sGhost, "blablabla" )
	frmHub:UnregBot( sGhost )
end
but it doesn't work. Even when i don't unreg bots. So my question is: does anyone know how to do it? ( of course if it's possible ).

bastya_elvtars

local sGhost = "CloseMe"..i

and dbl-check if your variables are declared properly.

and don't write such bots. :D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

??????Hawk??????

hi m8..

Yeh it can be done ......  BUT its not nice   :P  :P

save your b/w  m8  and  just   use the  kick/ban  commands instead..

??????Hawk??????

n1ck

i'll have 2 of what Mutor is on. They seem like real nice happy pills!
 Im with hawk, why flood and mess around with scripts when you have a KICK/BAN function!
dcuk.direct-connect.co.uk

**compiled bots are like what microsoft is to open source!**

bolamix

QuoteMutor wrote:
In conclsusion, there is no shortage of abusive, power hungry Ops on DC. Lets try to rise above this and know that we are all just ppl on the little blue planet. A key changes nothing. Try to educate a user in what is acceptable behavior or content in your hub. If you cant get through to that person, better to just remove them from the equation.
Man, this is genuine signature material. Should be stickied even. Honest :D
Sharing is of the essence!

Live music >> Aiwadirock! live music hub
PtokaX knowledge >> The PtokaX Wiki

Jaras

I've never said that it's morally correct or i would use it with smile on my face, but...
QuoteOriginally posted by Mutor
Try to educate a user in what is acceptable behavior or content in your hub.
...after many years of asking people on many forums not to make 10 level quotes, coz it's just unreadable, or on DC trying help user to register himself with simple command i just gave up. i'm from poland and my nationals are just to freakin proud to understand, that there could be someone who want's to help them disinterestedly. They almost always think, that "this jerk" wants to show, that he's smarter. Just look at the Iraq and you'll understand. I wasn't born to teach people. I'm too weak to be a teacher ( as you 'can be'/'are' Mutor ). And too tired trying...

In conclusion - i'm not going to convince you, that my intentions are pure. I'm interested only in coding, and i'm grateful for your answers. Furthermore i'm happy, that i've started this thread, coz maybe it'll convince some "green lua coders/ops" like me, not to do such dumb sh*t. Thank you all.

??????Hawk??????

QuoteAs for my pills, n1ck no you cant have any, they are mine all mine, mine DO YOU HEAR!? They help me to understand what my rice krispies are saying....

Watch out for them Mutant Oranges m8  they never stop chasing

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

imby

tis a shame that no one can design a permanent ban system that works though. It would make it feel like kicks and bans were actually effective.

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by imby
tis a shame that no one can design a permanent ban system that works though. It would make it feel like kicks and bans were actually effective.
Well, why the bans doesn't work so well, is because most people has dynamic IP. One way is to have a firewall that can block hostnames, but more and more ISP starts to have dynamic hostnames (the hostname is connected to a certain IP.) So how to permently ban somone can't be done to 100%  :rolleyes:

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by imby

only possible if you ban MAC address - but search why that cannot always be retrieved. :(

btw if you say its a shame then feel free to rewrite the TCP/IP protocol - check BSD source codes. :evil:
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

UwV

As for my pills, n1ck no you cant have any, they are mine all mine, mine DO YOU HEAR!? They help me to understand what my rice krispies are saying....

roflmao
\NL   The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.
" Holly loves me,...  . "      ;o)

& don't forget, the motto is :
  -- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ'S --

TecMaster

In conclsusion, there is no shortage of abusive, power hungry Ops on DC. Lets try to rise above this and know that we are all just ppl on the little blue planet. A key changes nothing. Try to educate a user in what is acceptable behavior or content in your hub. If you cant get through to that person, better to just remove them from the equation. This is certainly my opinion and only an opinion.

Wow did I write all that?   :P

...peace

If everyone could have that opinion it would be much nicer ...

QuoteOriginally posted by UwV
Zitat:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mutor
As for my pills, n1ck no you cant have any, they are mine all mine, mine DO YOU HEAR!? They help me to understand what my rice krispies are saying....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
roflmao
I can just agree  :D

Saivert

Most ISP's assign a hostname to the IP address of the subscriber (either dial-up or DSL) and in many cases the IP address is embedded in the hostname. I'll give you an example: sx139-164-244-50.users.myisp.com which ofcourse points to 139.164.244.50

I have a Cable connection at home (UPC/Chello) and I have a fixed IP. This IP address never changes except when I plug my cable modem into a different NIC (ethernet adapter). The cable modem itself has a MAC address used by the Cable provider to find my Cable modem, and the NIC got it's own MAC address only visible in my own network. So I guess my Cable ISP is supplying me with a different IP for different NICs.

Hope this helps...

bastya_elvtars

DHCP servers can assign IP addresses manually and dynamically as well, and this can also be combined. for instance, if on a home NAT you assign a range like 10.0.0.0/24 (a class C address range) you can still assign the address 10.0.1.22 to the specified MAC address. If you assign 10.0.0.153 however, DHCP will complain, because you can possibly assign the same address twice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk