Post Bugs in 0.3.3.0 build 16.09 here! - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Post Bugs in 0.3.3.0 build 16.09 here!

Started by Requiem, 30 March, 2005, 23:18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by blackwings
this isn't a bug, but PPK, haven't you forgotten to add a Deflood function that stops commands abusing,
like !me or !away etc
!away is not PtokaX command, anyway chat deflood is before is chat processed by lua or hub commands  :))
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Pothead

QuoteOriginally posted by Pothead (in Robocop section)
if someone uses redirect command, but has a space before / after the addy, it don't redirect properly.  Could these spaces be stripped, or should this be done by PtokaX (when a redirect addy is entered) ?
QuoteOriginally posted by Optimus
i think you better ask PPK if he sees any need for that.
- Optimus

:)

Fangs404

several things.  as discussed in http://board.univ-angers.fr/thread.php?threadid=4232&boardid=9&styleid=1&sid=430b05316ae572a1cc79e0cc1f98cd4f, the webserver has some issues.  it's necessary for me to uncheck the box and then recheck it everytime i want the webserver to start up, and i'm not the only one having the problem.

also, i had some people on my server try to get past the deflooder, and they found a really simple way.  type the following:

/me  
so, something like this:
/me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              lalala
produces text like this:
[16:19] * Fangs404 lalala
[16:19] 
which violates my rules of deflooding by allowing 8 lines of text.

other than that, great program.  i love it, and i've become addicted to scripting.  can't wait for the new vesions with bug fixes.  oh, and that webserver = awesome idea!

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Fangs404
so, something like this:
/me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              lalala
produces text like this:
No is not produce your "text like this" you only have low screen resolution or bad clients but your example really not contains any newline  :)
Is only long text and PtokaX have in deflood option to set max chat length  :]
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Fangs404

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
so, something like this:
produces text like this:
No is not produce your "text like this" you only have low screen resolution or bad clients but your example really not contains any newline  :)
Is only long text and PtokaX have in deflood option to set max chat length  :]

well, i run my screen at 1280x1024, so it's not that, and the trick works in both dc++ and strongdc++, neither of which i would consider bad clients.  what would fix the error is just to compress any white space between "/me" and the text to be spoken down to one single space before outputting to mainchat.

PPK

what would fix the error
Here is no error in PtokaX, you only need to set chat limit (or use script) if you want to disallow this...

Fangs404

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
what would fix the error
Here is no error in PtokaX, you only need to set chat limit (or use script) if you want to disallow this...

ah, i see what you're saying.  what seems logical here, then, is a deflooding option (maybe "Same successive characters") that would warn the user if they type too many of the same character successively.  because it's just as annoying for a user to type "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" as it is for them to abuse the /me functionality.

PPK

abuse the /me functionality.
This have nothing to do with /me ... is normal chat and as normal chat is checked by deflood, after is checked if is any of hub command :rolleyes:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk