Possible ZPipe0 problem

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Possible ZPipe0 problem

Started by baba.runner, 20 April, 2008, 09:43:27

Previous topic - Next topic

baba.runner

Dear All

I have a strange behaviour while reconnecting to my hub.
I use: Ptokax 0.4.0.0 with Grimoire v5.0.1 and ApexDC++1.0.1

When I first connect to the hub afterthis one has been started, the problem does not appear. But once connected to the hub and I hit the reconnect button of my client I get the following error:
[17/04/2008 - 21:18:40] *** Connecting to XXXXXXXXXXXX...
[17/04/2008 - 21:18:40] *** Connected
[17/04/2008 - 21:18:41] *** Stored password sent...
[17/04/2008 - 21:18:41] <?DeutscheMatrix?> This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.4.0.0 (UpTime: 0 days, 23 hours, 28 minutes / Users: 249)
[17/04/2008 - 21:18:45] *** Error during decompression

I posted this error  already to Rincewind and also in the ApexDC++-Forum. But no one has ever seen such a behaviour.
I hope that you can help me.
I tried the reconnect in other hubs with the same configuration, but I could not recreate it.
It only happens in this one hub. other users confirmed this behaviour.
The only thing I found out is that it happens only to the top-Profile (MASTER). other profiles work fine.
So I do not know if this error is related to the PX, to the client or to the Script.

Hopefully somebody can identify this error.

Thanks in advance for your support.

KR
baba.runner

CrazyGuy

[17/04/2008 - 21:18:45] *** Error during decompression

As far as I know, the decompression in question is zlib signalled by the support ZPipe.
The hubsoft can compress larger amounts of data for clients who support this, which then in it's turn decompress it.
Large amounts of data typically occur when you connect to a hub since you'll get at least all MyINFO strings and other information about users/ops.

Strangely it only happens when you reconnect, although i doubt it has something to do with the actual profile you have.
It may be PtokaX related, but I haven't seen or heard about this problem before.
Most likely however, it is a problem in your client.

Can you just check a few things though to get a more clear picture of how much data is actually send ?

• In PtokaX - Settings - MotD : Is there an MotD being send ?
  • In PtokaX - More general : What language is selected ?
  • In PtokaX - Settings - MyINFO processing : Is any info stripped or added and to which profiles is it send ?
  • In PtokaX - Settings - Advanced Security : Is "send user on login his ip" checked ?
  • In PtokaX - Profile Manager - <your profile> : Is "Send full myinfos" checked ?
  • In PtokaX - Profile Manager - <your profile> : Is "Send all users IP" checked ?

This is not a fix so you don't have to change anything, it just may help finding out if the problem is in the client or in the hubsoft.

zygott

ok i dont know if this is anything to do with your problem, but i have seen the "error during decompression" on apex before.....

i wrote a flood bot for the hub masters to be able to attempt to crash clients of users that share sick files....
its a simple script... it sends millions of $Myinfos then a pm from each one.... this causes the error in apex... other clients are fine but apex refuses to play...
Windoze - a virus with mouse support
linux - a virus with no gui

CrazyGuy

Vital information, thnx  :)

I just downloaded the same version of Apex++ and tested a few reconnections in PtokaX Admins.
It works fine there, but PtokaX Admins does strip alot of information from the MyINFO strings.
It may very well be related to the client not being able to handle alot of MyINFO's at once.

baba.runner : If you would set up an empty test hub and try it there, you will have no problem either. ( at least i didn't in my test )

PPK

Error during decompression is possible in any client supporting ZPipe.. when for some reason client is not able to receive all data and PtokaX reach max size for his sendbuffer. In that case when "keep slow clients online" is enabled PtokaX delete some data from start of sendbuffer and zpiped data can be corrupted.
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

baba.runner

In PtokaX - Settings - MotD : Is there an MotD being send ?

No, not from PtokaX. But a MOTD from the script is send as well as wellcome info.

In PtokaX - More general : What language is selected ?

Deafault English

In PtokaX - Settings - MyINFO processing : Is any info stripped or added and to which profiles is it send ?

Everything is stripped and send to allowed Profiles only (MASTER and OP)

In PtokaX - Settings - Advanced Security : Is "send user on login his ip" checked ?

Yes

In PtokaX - Profile Manager - <your profile> : Is "Send full myinfos" checked ?

Yes

In PtokaX - Profile Manager - <your profile> : Is "Send all users IP" checked ?

Yes

As I see there is a lot of info being send to my client. and with PPK's explanation about the "keep slow clients online" , which is indeed enabled, it seems to be an occasional problem. Also I check all the clients and share-lists when I connect to the hub.

Thanks for all the explanations.

KR
baba.runner

CrazyGuy: you are right in the empty hub it does not happen. Also in the Live-Hub it does not happen all the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk