BlackDC Major Update

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

BlackDC Major Update

Started by xjr13sp, 24 February, 2004, 12:20:22

Previous topic - Next topic

xjr13sp

Hi all,

bkg2k has updated BlackDC in a major release.
There are many corrections/add/changes.
Now you have a smileys library and so.... many other things.

You can download it  from this link

Here are the release notes:
Quote22/02/2004 : Major update to 1.20

Bug Fixes

- Problem with folder's creation when downloading a full path
- Problem with the final folder if it didn't exist
- Problem with some Bots PMs
- Problem with case sensitive of the usernames
- Problem with some lists impossible to delete in the QueueLists
- Problem with files greater than 2GB
- Search size reports didn't appear in the Client Tracer
- Problem of Bots' management in the Operators tab
- Some of minor Guardian's bugs, especially with bots
- Some compatibility problems under 98/ME corrected

Add/Improvements

- Detection of DC Opera
- Option "Fade Quotted text" to allow or not the set up in colour of texts resumed with INSER
- Option JAWS to replace the posting of messages (screening view) by a standard Windows component more compatible with JAWS.
- The TAB key auto complete the username (except when the option of accessibility which uses the tab key to move in the text is activated, in this case CTRL+1 replace the tab)
- Option in "Advanced" Tab to add files automatically in alternative source when necessary
- The files "not found" are now sent into the "Vault" of the Queue. From Vault, we can re-inject them in Queue or delete them definitively (as well as the part of file already downloaded)
- Queuelists retains now the final directory, what allows to send the various files directly to the good place.
- The "Download As..." option of the Search allows now to select the COMPLETE path and either only the name of the file. If no path is supplies explicitly it is "Final Directory" of the preferences which activated
- When a new file is Queued, BDC verifies in the Temporary directory if a file exists and proposes a resume/overwrite/cancel option. No check is made in order to know if the file already exists in the destination directory and if it's the case, it will be replaced by the new file once terminated
- QueueList tab by File changed. The left part is a treelike view which represents your directories of DL and your files. The selection of a file or a directory to download shows all the corresponding sources in the right part and the selection of a directory of your disc shows as a Windows Explorer. This allows you to see at the same time the files which are downloading and the associated sources, as well as the contents of the destination directories
- Operators have now access automatically to userlists, without needing free slots (only userlists, the slot is closed just after getting the list). The BDC applicants see now the mention "List" in the column "Auth" of their DL (only if the opposite client is a BDC >= 1.20 of course ^^)

[NL]trucker

xjr13sp

thnx    gonna test it
Owner of FunnyHub

Funyhub.no-ip.info
       Forum Master of

DJ Bert

It works nice. Just tested it ;)

NightLitch

Ok I need to ask some question here:

* Is it meant to all users or only Operators ???

* If to users to I want it to have a MyInfoString that I can check the client type, hubs, slots etc.

Or can I do it from the $ClientIP ???
//NL

dvxjunkie

Im waiting for the creator of black dc to implement auto dropping of bad clients from the hub. dunno if he's planning to do it in future or not. and since i dont speak french Im not sure how to find out :P

angelsanges

this client is connecting to one hub for session....this "problem" is solved now with this update?

xjr13sp

NightLitch
This client is oriented Operators (because oriented anti leech). But all of my users have BlackDC because what you have to know is that this client blocks many illegal dc clients. So, if you are a simple user (as an OP) and if an illegal dc client connects on the hub, bdc will detect it and anounce you that it is an illegal client.... and so, this illegal client can't DL from you.

For the MyInfoString, for the moment you can do it with the $ClientIP but if you are on a Ptokax server, it is not yet implemented.... comming soon.

dvxjunkie
I don't think this functionality will be added. But I have asked to him if it could be possible to get the informations reported by the Guardian, and to script these informations. In this case this will be more powerfull !

angelsanges
This client is mono session. But you can open 3 client in a same time. And it will not be changed.

Thanks for your questions  :]

Bkg2k

I made BlackDC for all DC users, not only for operators, even though it can be *more* interresting for operators/admin.
Howerver, BlackDC protects everyone against several well-known leech clients and even more it protects you against ip/nickname stealing, a new "plague" from bastard clients...

BlackDC 1.20 supports all common protocol extensions via the $Support command. I added the "ClientID" to the list send in the $Support command, so that hopefully ptokax (and maybe other hub server...) will support it in future releases.

BlackDC 1.25 is about to be released in a few weeks: Bug fixes, some minor options here and there, new smilies, and a new feature that might be interresting for hubowner and operators: Client-side Script support, using an LUA 5.0 engine.
I'm currently rewriting some game-bot originally written in LUA 4.0 for ptokax, and it works fine ^^
A lot of events can be scripted, including the client detection :)
However, the script support is enabled *only* for users with operator privileges *and* users who have been granted explicitely (using a protocol extension hub->client).
Common users should be desapointed to not be able to script BDC but... We can't give anyone the possibility to send PM to the whole user list with just 3 lines of code... This would be too much dangerous.

Anyway, a new BlackDC website is under construction with full documentation, tutorials, forum etc... (in both English and French language). BlackDC 1.25 will be released at the same time the new website will be online.

xjr13sp

BlackDC 1.25 is released here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk