Hub-Link

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Hub-Link

Started by Scorpion, 11 March, 2004, 17:04:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpion

somone knows a program, or script or something theat works 4 ptokax and open dchub , somthing licke Hub-Link for search, download, chat

Skrollster

bcdc++ maybe with the new scripting feature...

should work...

Skrollster

But you have to write a script to make it work...

and it will probably only work on active searches..

Scorpion

hmmm not theat i ment
i whant to link my hub with one of my frend's hub, 4 all the users ar inside so they should see eatch other, to search files and download them exacly licke Hub_Link_v1.03 just it should work for ptokax

Skrollster

then i don't know..

did hublink realy display all users in all hubs?

[PT]CableGuy

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpion
hmmm not theat i ment
i whant to link my hub with one of my frend's hub, 4 all the users ar inside so they should see eatch other, to search files and download them exacly licke Hub_Link_v1.03 just it should work for ptokax
Hi there:

About Hub-Link i must say there ISN'T (yet) any script support for OpenDC or PtoKax  .
I'm certain that PtoKax  script for Hub-Link , is 80% complete and... "it's on is way".
For OpenDC  there is also a script beeing developed and it's at an "advanced stage" also.

If you want to know EVERYTHING  about Hub-Link , please visit:

http://hub-link.sourceforge.net/

or the forums:

http://hub-link.sourceforge.net/forum/

btw : If you're a scripter you could also help developing scripts to support Hub-Link.
Let's make HUGE hubs !!!!  :D

QuoteOriginally posted by Skrollster
...did hublink realy display all users in all hubs?
Hi Skrollster :

Hub-Link is based on the MHC-Bot by FLiXD and as evolved a lot !!!.
We've tested with ShadowDC (SDCH) and with NMDC.
We've successfully connect 12 hubs into ONE large hub , both with NMDC and SDCH.
Everything works like if you're in one huge hub...i mean even searchs and downloads between hubs.
Thanks to HaArD  and all his work know it's possible to "bond" hubs together.

ptaczek

did anybody tried to bond 12 hubs, each with 500-1000 users? How did a DC++ client handled it? ;)
I would like to know more about the implementation and would also like to enable future ptokax for that kind of linking.
-ptaczek-

This whole physical universe is a hologram.
[Cosmosis - Contact: The First Step]

Skrollster

[PT]CableGuy did that realy increase the max user to over 2500?

i don't think such application will increase the max users to exeed the max users in the hub that can handle the least number of users...

prove me wrong..

BruNeo

Hi, all :D

QuoteSkrollster,

i don't think such application will increase the max users to exeed the max users in the hub that can handle the least number of users...

prove me wrong..

Get your hublink in here :

hub-link.zapto.org

Is as simple as this.

You got 2 hubs with 1000 users MAX (bandwithlimith)....you get yourself a 3? Host to Serve HUblink and you got a "Virtual HUB" with 2000 users.

NOTE: the Bandwith Upstream for HUBLINK HOST HAve to be EQUAL or SUPERIOR to the bandwith Hubs

ptaczek

Quotedid anybody tried to bond 12 hubs, each with 500-1000 users? How did a DC++ client handled it? ;)
I would like to know more about the implementation and would also like to enable future ptokax for that kind of linking.
In Portugal the Estimated max users for dc is +-1200, in my opinion.We got Firewall against foreign Ips so only portugueses ISP allowed.We cannot test i with that mass of users. Aldo i dont see no problem. You ppl got bigger Bandwiths, i think you shound test it when support for ptokax cames out.

HubLink is Great HUB Software, you test it? - you got to love it!!!

Best Regards, Bruno
I\'ll Moderate You!! :D

Skrollster

QuoteOriginally posted by BruNeo
NOTE: the Bandwith Upstream for HUBLINK HOST HAve to be EQUAL or SUPERIOR to the bandwith Hubs

i think that HUBLINK HOST bandwith most have to be EQUAL or SUPERIOR to the upload of all hubs to gather..

plop

But you have to write a script to make it work...

and it will probably only work on active searches..
here is the start of it.
didn't make more then linking the chat.
active searches are posible 2 be linked for sure.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

BruNeo

Quotei think that HUBLINK HOST bandwith most have to be EQUAL or SUPERIOR to the upload of all hubs to gather..

Nothing is better then testing it...we have got twelve 128 upstream connections(hubs maxuser 80 per hub ) linked by one 256 upstream connection, no lag....and both search work fine ACTIVE AND PASSIVE.

By your accounts, we should got a 1.5 MB upstream hublink host.....Right ?
I\'ll Moderate You!! :D

Skrollster

only if they all used there maximum upload at the same time..

[PT]CableGuy

QuoteOriginally posted by ptaczek
did anybody tried to bond 12 hubs, each with 500-1000 users? How did a DC++ client handled it? ;)
Of course , if you'de like , i can create "OP user" for you  to "come and take a look". :]

...prove me wrong..
and Skrollster to. :]  , or any forum moderator !!! It will be an honor !!! :D

About the "performance" of Hub-Link:
QuoteOriginally posted by CableGuy

I think this knowledge is of "public interest" and i would like to "share it with you guys"...please correct me if you wish.
The following "calculations are not liable" , and are based on a certain number of scripts...normally 3 to 5 scripts.
Here it goes:

NMDC Hub:
(no hublink) - 1k per user => 120 users = 120k of upload
(with hublink) - 1.5 per user => 80 users = 120k of upload

SDCHub:
(no hublink) - 0.8k per user => 150 users = 120k of upload
(with hublink) - 1.3k per user => 92 users = 119.6k of upload
The "hint" is mostly to hub owners (in this case with 128k uploadstream):
Hub owners should free ,at least , 15k of bandwidth to stop LAG from disturbing their hubs.
(obviously this values can go up and down according to the number of hubs that are connected to the same hublink.
HINT: (128k upload)
NMDC max users = 75 users (112.5k)
SDCH max users = 87 users (113.1k)

Hub-Link:
(with NMDC) - 0.33k per user = 300 users = 100k upload
(with SDCH) - 0.2k per user = 500 users = 100k upload

We must not forget , that this values are not liable , because in the "hublink equation" , hub must be envolved , not only users.

About PtoKax and "my experience" along 1 year using it , i can safely say this:

PtoKax:
(alone) - 0.68k per user = 180 users = 122.4k upload

So , acording to "my calculations" PtoKax + Hub-Link will be "around":

(with hublink) - 0.18k per user = 2500 users = 450k ulpoad

btw:  If anyone want's to help or contribute , because i'm no scripter or programmer... :rolleyes:
Please visit the Hub-Link FORUM for ALL information about contributing and evoluation of the software.

Thanks again for asking.

HaArD

PtokaX script is 80% as Cableguy said, searches, userlist, chat, OpChat and Adminchat work already. Current work is focused on the "OP" commands to register new users etc.

OpenDCHub script (perl) is being developed but no significant progress is expected for 2-3 weeks minimum.

The Hub-Link host can afford to have significantly LESS bandwidth then any of the individual hubs which it is linking. This is due to the broadcast messages that make up a large portion of any hubs upstream bandwidth usage.

If a hub has 500 users then every Hello/Quit, Search or MyINFO from a user must be sent out 500 times.

In a hub-link of two hubs with 250 users each the hub only has to relay the same message 251 times and Hub-Link only has to relay it once.

I host 75 users on my hub and I also run hub-link for the network of 4 hubs with a total of about 275 users. my upload usage is usually 5-7k and my download never exceeds 3k

The largest network I have seen running hub-link is about 600 users and 12 hubs and that was Cableguy's. In theory many more users could be supported then that.

ptaczek,

I am easy to contact... I'd be happy to discuss Hub-Link as it relates to PtokaX with you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk