PtokaX vs YnHub

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX vs YnHub

Started by Requiem, 27 January, 2005, 21:07:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

I am planning a hubsoft change (From PtokaX to YnHub) due to some reasons (the main reason is I need to run the hub on more than one port, and other reasons are things like that..), but I am still thinking of it.. Please tell your opinions about why should I go on using PtokaX instead of YnHub, or why shouldn't I use PtokaX and start using YnHub immediately..

??????Hawk??????

hi m8  

Just move over to it  ...

there is no Comparison.

you'll be back  :P

??????Hawk??????

n1ck

Test and re-test, than come back lol
dcuk.direct-connect.co.uk

**compiled bots are like what microsoft is to open source!**

Ruri_Ruri

i dont advise YNHub, its too easy to exploit!
its pretty much no different from yhub... actually it IS yhub with a few minor adjustments

in a word... shite
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand against the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hands
Become one with my body
And let us walk the path of destruction together

Requiem

I am using PtokaX because of its high ability to use scripts and its ez to use but, I have seen some good abilities ( I think these are related with being the most up-to-date hubsoft ) of YnHub.  In fact, I just need PPK's PtokaX edition but I guess he will not share it with me :)

And also, it is my mistake to ask this question on a LUA/PtokaX board, I know this, may I request from you to give answers like " PtokaX/YnHub, because of this " instead of directly " use PtokaX/YnHub " like Ruri_Ruri did?  You can understand this is the only way to help me with this quesiton..

bastya_elvtars

hey if u wanna use many ports:

http://www.networkactiv.com/AUTAPF.html

other reasons to move?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Requiem

Stop MyInfo broadcasting for BW saving (No description, no tag, no connection, no email, these can be only visible to ops), better profile handling, better redirect options are the ones that quickly come to my mind..

Edit. And I heard PtokaX is really easily flooded

??????Hawk??????

WOW

QuoteStop MyInfo broadcasting for BW saving (No description, no tag, no connection, no email, these can be only visible to ops), better profile handling, better redirect options are the ones that quickly come to my mind..

sounds like the Dogz bolloks m8  id  go use it if i were you

QuoteAnd I heard PtokaX is really easily flooded
Yup your right m8  ..   DELETE Deflood  and untick ' enable scripting '   And  you Heard Right ..

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Requiem

To bastya_elvtars;

NetworkActiv program causes clients to show wrong IP in UserIP (they all have server's IP) and Deflood kick user for using wrong IP in the active settings. Is there any solution?

To ??????Hawk??????

I was using Deflood 4.5.4 and got attacked by a flooder called DCHD v1.6. (I can send you main.log if you wanna) I know, Plop can't make all the flooders to be stopped by this script but as far as I could know, it's hard for flooders to do their work on YHub/YnHub.

And, please don't behave me like I am a lamer.. I just want help and share my opinions :(

??????Hawk??????

hi m8  

in my opinion  the 2  hubs  are not  comparable..

the only way to find out which is best for you is to try them..

i tried  y-hub a long time a go and so did a lot of ppl..
Everyone i know has now gone back to a scripted hub because of Y-Hubs LACK of scripting support and non custimizability( if thats a real word ).

YES  there are bots out you can use with y-hub BUT
if your running Y-hub AND the bots youll find the same as i did.  your b/w  will be taken long before Ptokax with similar scripts running will take it.

and reading back in the thread.....
QuoteRuri_Ruri

i dont advise YNHub, its too easy to exploit!
its pretty much no different from yhub... actually it IS yhub with a few minor adjustments

in a word... shite
Take the advise from someone who has Used the Faults of hubs to create flooders..

Give it a try  ..  if you dont like it  you can alway run ptokax again  :))

??????Hawk??????

Ruri_Ruri

yeah, what hawk said

try it, test it, come back to ptx lol

like i said ynhub has just as many exploits as yhub and it easy (if not easier) to flood than yhub was, and with plops deflood for ptx, that makes ptokax the best hubsoft.

but its entirely upto u
Darkness beyond twilight
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand against the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hands
Become one with my body

bastya_elvtars

Yhub (no 'n') had many-many issues: crashing when regging the hublist, flooding the opchat with exception messages. OK, they are fixed but who knows?

PtokaX does not have such issues, i tested TD4, 15.8, 15.18,15.25 and they worked fine (OK, TD4 went mad after 16 days.)

And yhub does not prioritize packets so it cannot use your b/w in a clever way. But test it, eyes never lie. :)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PRED_UK

Basically I`ve used both hubsofts and in my personal
opinion Yhub is and always will be inferior to ptokax.

Reasons
======
1) dont matter what you call it Yhub is Yhub and very
    vulnerable.

Someone actually posted a way to get into it in the
    past which resulted in hubs been hacked to closure.

2) Minimal scripts for it ( if there is I don`t think Yoshi
    was responcible for them..

3) These people here are Pro`s they know what they
    are talking about.. I`ve tried all the hubsofts and 1
    of em came out top for scripts,security and easy to
    find technical help.

Ptokax and Lua Language board ( All you`ll ever need)

So the decision is ultimately yours....

Good luck & i think you`ll make the right decision for you

Pred_UK [TFZ] UK`S FINEST ( Ptokax ) and loving it !!! :))

Ruri_Ruri

it may also interest you to know there is a high chance of a 'backdoor' in ynhub (with the N)

i know very little, but what i do know is that a user can log onto the hub, send something to the bot, or something im main chat, and then that user gets auto-opped, and gets full acess to the bot

i dont know for sure if this is exactly what happens, but i have just seen it happen with my own eyes by guy names [SX]SolidFusionz

[2005-01-28 02:31] <[SX]SolidFusionz> you THE ruri guy rite?
[2005-01-28 02:32] what of it?
[2005-01-28 02:32] <[SX]SolidFusionz> want ta know the exploit in ynhub?
[2005-01-28 02:32] wtf u talkin bout?
[2005-01-28 02:32] <[SX]SolidFusionz> watch and learn n00b
[2005-01-28 02:23] watever, go away
[2005-01-28 02:26] <[SX]SolidFusionz> how bout that
[2005-01-28 02:26] holy fuck!!! how the hell did you do that???
[2005-01-28 02:26] how the fuck is that possible????
[2005-01-28 02:27] <[SX]SolidFusionz> that would be telling, cya

at this point he logged out of the hub

i then asked in TE hub and they dont know anything, but may be something about commands to the bot (as i explained above)

this is pretty serious shit if they did leave a 'backdoor' in there, and if 1 guy has it then its bound to get further

if u have any other info at all, please reply in this thread!!
Darkness beyond twilight
Become one with my body

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by Ruri_Ruri
it may also interest you to know there is a high chance of a 'backdoor' in ynhub (with the N)

i know very little, but what i do know is that a user can log onto the hub, send something to the bot, or something im main chat, and then that user gets auto-opped, and gets full acess to the bot

i dont know for sure if this is exactly what happens, but i have just seen it happen with my own eyes by guy names [SX]SolidFusionz

[2005-01-28 02:31] <[SX]SolidFusionz> you THE ruri guy rite?
[2005-01-28 02:32] what of it?
[2005-01-28 02:32] <[SX]SolidFusionz> want ta know the exploit in ynhub?
[2005-01-28 02:32] wtf u talkin bout?
[2005-01-28 02:32] <[SX]SolidFusionz> watch and learn n00b
[2005-01-28 02:23] watever, go away
[2005-01-28 02:26] <[SX]SolidFusionz> how bout that
[2005-01-28 02:26] holy fuck!!! how the hell did you do that???
[2005-01-28 02:26] how the fuck is that possible????
[2005-01-28 02:27] <[SX]SolidFusionz> that would be telling, cya

at this point he logged out of the hub

i then asked in TE hub and they dont know anything, but may be something about commands to the bot (as i explained above)

this is pretty serious shit if they did leave a 'backdoor' in there, and if 1 guy has it then its bound to get further

if u have any other info at all, please reply in this thread!!

Interesting stuff. Are you aware of any nasty exploits in Ptokax? Not that I want any named, just that I'd like to know how safe it is from someone with your abilities perspective.

Ruri_Ruri

yeah, i knew loads of exploits in ptokax, thats how i was able to do the destroyers ^_^
but there was never anything as serious as this
Darkness beyond twilight
Become one with my body

TTB

The 2 hubs I run will not be changed to YnHub.... I have run 1 week YnHub, and I don't like it very much! I can't change anything (commands etc.) what I can change in the scripts here like LUA.

And this:

Quotei know very little, but what i do know is that a user can log onto the hub, send something to the bot, or something im main chat, and then that user gets auto-opped, and gets full acess to the bot
from Ruri_Ruri is very weird...

Like I said... I will not use this!

Btw... Ruri_Ruri... the time this happened to you, was today! That is strange to me, and the time is not in good order... it starts with [2005-01-28 02:31] and ends with [2005-01-28 02:27]. Sorry, but understand that it is strange to read and believe you.
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

Ruri_Ruri

thats my system clock, i change it, so what? im sure you change urs dont u?

either way, its upto u, believe what you will with ynhub, but dont come crying to me when you get screwed
Darkness beyond twilight
Become one with my body

TTB

@ Ruri_ruri

Well.. I don't change my clock so often, but it is OK to warn other ppl...

And I won't get screwed... because I won't run Y(n)Hub like I said in the other posts  :))

It is ok to post this, don't get me wrong. But it is hard FOR ME to believe...
TTB

(? ?.??.-> Admin @ Surfnet hubs <-.??.???)

Tw?sT?d-d?v

hi ....

seems strange that you would change ur clock 2-3 times during the same convo.....

can i ask the point of this plz???

has i dont see the point of it myself

ivulfusbar

lol... always interesting to hear script-kiddies.

If you want to flood a hub, its trivial. As the protocol and clients are built, they more or less encourage DDoS attacks so its trivial to achieve regardless of hubsoft. This has been known for years...  ;))

And any 14-year old boy that can read can achieve this within an hour from scratch.

RiPOFF

If you guys are looking for a stable robust hub with no exploits, you guys are looking at DCH++. It has just been released with lua v5 scripting.

http://dchpp.digitalbrains.com

Oh and yes, it is open source.

Requiem

I need immediate help to fight with this flooder (plop, Ruri and Meka pls help me pls..). I found some traces of it (believe in me you can find most of your questios answers from the data I'll provide) and I'll give these by PM cos the flooder may be a reader of this forum.

(Link is working.. Sorry)

Jay

Hey Requiem did you get my PM and Email ?

Ruri_Ruri

sum1 asked why i was changing my clock.. well really why should u care, but i was fiddling with it because i was working on Chibi, i couldnt get the timestamps to work properly on the kicks (still cant get it quite right)

i was asked to put the time of kicks in chibi, so thats wat i was doing when the guy PM'd me

if there was any confusion, im sorry
Darkness beyond twilight
Become one with my body

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk