PtokaX vs YnHub - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX vs YnHub

Started by Requiem, 27 January, 2005, 21:07:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

QuoteJay
Hey Requiem did you get my PM and Email ?

I got it but can you tell me how to trust in somebody that regged to the forum the day he PMd me? Do I know your IP? This is a serious thing and  have to be careful buddy, sorry for this..

Requiem

And also.. Anybody except Hawk didnt want to help me? Why? Where are you?

Ruri_Ruri

heres some more info on the ynhub backdoor

i dont know whether these work or what they do, but ive been told they are commands used in ynhub

1. +nextmap
2. +access secret files
3. +override
4. +Install Virus
5. +godmode
6. +shutdown -now

i dont know about you, but they do sort of seem suspicious.. maybe if you put them in some form of order, or a prefix after them like "+godmode ++me"

i dont know, but if these do have a function in ynhub, its a definate lead (im vers susicious about the godmode one)

any thoughts?
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand against the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hands
Become one with my body
And let us walk the path of destruction together

Requiem

I know (not surely but almost sure) these are its easter egges. Look out for these at YnHub forum.

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by Requiem
And also.. Anybody except Hawk didnt want to help me? Why? Where are you?
aslong as it's y(n)hub there isn't much i can do untill they add a lua api.
check your pm about deflood 5.0.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Requiem

I am using Deflood 4.5.4 (flooder knows this) and it didn't work. It didn't detect the flood.. I swear it didn't work although it was running..

Typhoon

QuoteOriginally posted by datacafe
Rui_Rui is just some moron trying to discredit Ynhub. He cant even make a fake chat log without fucking it up. The whole ynhub community thinks your a dumb-fuck congratulations.

1. +nextmap
2. +access secret files
3. +override
4. +Install Virus
5. +godmode
6. +shutdown -now

These are easter eggs. They aren't the backdoors you moron. I've come to the conclusion that your talking out of your ass and haven't even tried Ynhub.

yes indeed those are easter eggs, but again why try it when it sucks and have such rumors, only those who have the source now the truth , and in old yhub there were attempt(s) on backdoors, but some smart user found it and then it got fixed only because it were found .. so why can't there be holes (call it what you want) in ynhub ? ? ,,,

Typhoon?

Skrollster

QuoteOriginally posted by Typhoon?
yes indeed those are easter eggs, but again why try it when it sucks and have such rumors, only those who have the source now the truth , and in old yhub there were attempt(s) on backdoors, but some smart user found it and then it got fixed only because it were found .. so why can't there be holes (call it what you want) in ynhub ? ? ,,,

Typhoon?

I didn't think that you cared about rumors..

this is what happens if you use the ester eggs, nothing more nothing less:

[19:18:52] +shutdown -now
[19:18:52] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Hrmf.. I'm not a linux server dummy!
[19:19:00] +godmode
[19:19:00] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Yeah, right!
[19:19:07] +Install Virus
[19:19:07] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Virus installed!
[19:19:14] +override
[19:19:20] +access secret files
[19:19:20] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Access denied!
[19:19:22] +override
[19:19:22] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Access granted!
[19:19:30] +nextmap
[19:19:30] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> I'm not a friggin' countah server
[19:19:31] +nextmap
[19:19:31] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> I am NOT a friggin' countah server!
[19:19:37] +nextmap
[19:19:37] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> I repeat I AM NOT a friggin' countah server!
[19:19:39] +nextmap
[19:19:39] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> GO AWAY!
[19:19:40] +nextmap
[19:19:40] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> STOP BUGGING ME!!!
[19:19:42] +nextmap
[19:19:42] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> ARRRRRRHHH!!
[19:19:42] *** Disconnected

Typhoon

QuoteOriginally posted by Skrollster
QuoteOriginally posted by Typhoon?

Typhoon?

I didn't think that you cared about rumors..

this is what happens if you use the ester eggs, nothing more nothing less:

[19:18:52] +shutdown -now
[19:18:52] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Hrmf.. I'm not a linux server dummy!
[19:19:00] +godmode
[19:19:00] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Yeah, right!
[19:19:07] +Install Virus
[19:19:07] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Virus installed!
[19:19:14] +override
[19:19:20] +access secret files
[19:19:20] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Access denied!
[19:19:22] +override
[19:19:22] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> Access granted!
[19:19:30] +nextmap
[19:19:30] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> I'm not a friggin' countah server
[19:19:31] +nextmap
[19:19:31] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> I am NOT a friggin' countah server!
[19:19:37] +nextmap
[19:19:37] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> I repeat I AM NOT a friggin' countah server!
[19:19:39] +nextmap
[19:19:39] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> GO AWAY!
[19:19:40] +nextmap
[19:19:40] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> STOP BUGGING ME!!!
[19:19:42] +nextmap
[19:19:42] <[LightNetworkOP?]Bot> ARRRRRRHHH!!
[19:19:42] *** Disconnected

it wasn't all rumors in yhub.. so why should it be in ynhub , weel nothing is really proved on ynhub yet , but different reports of weird op account incidents .. so apparently there is some sort of weird bug or what ever ..

@ Skrollster , about "but again why try it when it sucks and have such rumors" , i was refering to why use it at all , as in general hub use.., when it sucks :)  , PX kicks Yoga Hub's and Young Nut's Hub ass ... and not all rumors are a hoax ;o) , just sp all folks remember that ..

Typhoon?

bastya_elvtars

please make comparisons in other boards, i don't like to see the board polluted by y(n)hub...

ok, its widespread- why? because its updated regularly and easy to use... and yes, there is a public download area and a website for y(n)hub, which makes it more accessible IMHO...

just think it over what's behind the scenes. yhub is not popular for its stability and speed but for (pseudo-)usability and availability. its way embarassing that ptokax does not have a site and an official DL location...

and dinosaurs are more popular than spiders... :D

(spielberg is the author of DC Hub Servers - he directed Arachnofobia and Jurassic Park  8) )
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

jaggudada

Quote(spielberg is the author of DC Hub Servers - he directed Arachnofobia and Jurassic Park  )

what ar u on mate ...!! pass us ome of that green stuff  u having!! 8o

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by jaggudada
Quote(spielberg is the author of DC Hub Servers - he directed Arachnofobia and Jurassic Park  )

Well, I kind of agree with bastya_elvtars :P

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by jaggudada

I do my job without that... using it is not interesting as it can be done by anyone. :D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

OpticaL

I know Ptokax have an backdoor that does almost the samething as you described so both softwares aint so secured

MANOS

QuoteOriginally posted by OpticaL
I know Ptokax have an backdoor that does almost the samething as you described so both softwares aint so secured

Could u tell us more about that backdoor?

BeeR

I am planning a hubsoft change (From PtokaX to YnHub) due to some reasons (the main reason is I need to run the hub on more than one port, and other reasons are things like that..), but I am still thinking of it.. Please tell your opinions about why should I go on using PtokaX instead of YnHub, or why shouldn't I use PtokaX and start using YnHub immediately..

Hi
I have used yn-hub for 2 weeks now and its not bad at all if you want to have lots of users (low cpu and mem)
but soooo boring soft with no fun stuff at all so you must choose if you want more users or a fun hub
btw - i have 2 ports on my ptokax 15.30 debug
A cold BeeR is stunning !!

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by BeeR
Hi
I have used yn-hub for 2 weeks now and its not bad at all if you want to have lots of users (low cpu and mem)
but soooo boring soft with no fun stuff at all so you must choose if you want more users or a fun hub
couple differences on yhub and ptokax here, yhub shows the cpu usage of the hub itself, ptokax from windows (total cpu usage for the whole system).
the mem/cpu usage is depending on the scripts you are running on ptokax, so you can hardly compair yhub with ptokax because of this.
again the same for the amount of users (on a old compairison a.i. could handle 100 more users then mean machine).
finaly the 2de port was added in 15.31, plus the 15.30 you have is fake.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Requiem

May someone pls help me to get one of these 15.31+ versions ? I really need...

imby

May someone pls help me to get one of these 15.31+ versions ? I really need...

We all want, not need, and I don't think it's gonna happen. Only for the 'elite' scripters/friends of pta with something to contribute, which I know isn't me. dunno about you.

BeeR

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
Hi
couple differences on yhub and ptokax here, yhub shows the cpu usage of the hub itself, ptokax from windows (total cpu usage for the whole system).
the mem/cpu usage is depending on the scripts you are running on ptokax, so you can hardly compair yhub with ptokax because of this.
again the same for the amount of users (on a old compairison a.i. could handle 100 more users then mean machine).
finaly the 2de port was added in 15.31, plus the 15.30 you have is fake.

plop

Dear Mr Plop
Maybe your right about my 15.30 is a fake - but both ports works real fine to connect to my hub :]

PPK

finaly the 2de port was added in 15.31
Sorry plop but that's not true :]

0.330 build 15.26 [transition build]
------------------------------------
- added: Chat and Commands tracing is included in hub settings
- added: On/Off state of individual script is now stored in scripts.ini in the scripts directory
- added: EXTENDEDPROTOCOL support (PPK)
- added: NoGetINFO support (PPK)
- added: support for various DC tags via ClientTags.dat file. (PPK) TODO: docs!
- added: Secondary hub port
plus the 15.30 you have is fake.
Probably not, if really have 2 workings ports maybe we have another buggy version leaked X(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

BeeR

Probably not, if really have 2 workings ports maybe we have another buggy version leaked  
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont be sad 'bout that - i'm happy because its more stable than the other version of Ptokax i have tested ,,

Ptokax is moving in right direction :]

PPK

Dont be sad 'bout that - i'm happy because its more stable than the other version of Ptokax i have tested
Now you are happy, but if this version be leaked bad boys find how to crash it like old 15.25 :rolleyes:
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Requiem

I can understand you but bad boyz are always waiting for new hubsofts to find a way to crash, so this means it will never be released? :)

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
Dont be sad 'bout that - i'm happy because its more stable than the other version of Ptokax i have tested
Now you are happy, but if this version be leaked bad boys find how to crash it like old 15.25 :rolleyes:

In general we can say that it's a BAD idea to hide the betas completely. As i mentioned a few months ago, Yhub 0.387 betas were f***ing unstable and they still were available for public. You should have released some betas considered as 'quite stable' in order to give Px a more life-like flavor as TD4 is less stable than 15.18 IMHO. Of course i also understand Ptaczek's point but my opinion is that the more ppl use it the sooner the bugs reveal, thus enabling you to fix them faster and speed up the development, because many people are bored of TD4 and they do not wanna/cannot search for betas on ed2k or some other decentralized p2p network. :D

No offences, just harbouring the betas so strictly will result in contributors' people losing interest (i am not talking of myself) - about 2 months ago i got a message with such content from a very active and talented member of this board.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk