FreeDC

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

FreeDC

Started by zero-cool, 08 September, 2007, 23:07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

zero-cool

Hi,

FreeDC is a new website based on the philosophy: search -> click -> insert on download queue.

It's main propose is to take over the difficultys/barriers on DC (Direct Connect) compared to other p2p systems. Now, we are more capable to offer a simplier, fast and easier handle of files to users, so they can insert on their queue what they want without loosing time (like min interval between searches).

The working method of FreeDC come along what users most need, so the results are widened for each search, in less than 24 hours.
In that way, it's user's participation that decided what FreeDC will show, search and optimize.

As you can see, it's really important the participation on the project, and everyone can collaborate with FreeDC and DC community, searching, voting and banning fake links!

Mardeg

Thanks for putting the address at the bottom of the post. I completely missed the 5 identical links in the text.

zero-cool

Quote from: Mardeg on 09 September, 2007, 12:41:56
Thanks for putting the address at the bottom of the post. I completely missed the 5 identical links in the text.
Actually there are 6 links on the post, plus the last one. I really apologise... but there's no need to be sarcastic.  ;D

Mardeg

It's a basic survival mechanism on the internets. It keeps the tubes lubed.

CONGRATZ TO MUTOR ON REACHING 2000 POSTS  ;D

bastya_elvtars

Quote from: Mardeg on 10 September, 2007, 06:02:06
CONGRATZ TO MUTOR ON REACHING 2000 POSTS  ;D
The question is: who cares?
(j/k; happy jubilee, Sir! :))
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Madman

Nice Mutor ... soon your posts will equal your age... =)
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

zero-cool

Hi,

The concept of the website was changed, like its design. Now it's more opened and simpler to everyone.

Regards,

Toast

mind if i link it from the AML Webpages ?

ruler

would be interested in a little more info about this site? does it search hubs like the old Glo-Search?

btw, the audio in the background kinda ruins it ;D

The Direct Connect Global Banlist get protected.

zero-cool

Quote from: Toastmind if i link it from the AML Webpages ?
No. I thank you by promoting it. I'm collecting some DC links to put there too. If anyone could put it on his hub, I would be thank. There is no other website like this for DC.

Quote from: rulerwould be interested in a little more info about this site? does it search hubs like the old Glo-Search?
We connect a bot to some DC hubs (i.e. MACDC.SE, abc-network.nu, etc) and search what is searched on the website, for every sizes and words combinations. There are 2 bots because bandwidth isn't large (1024/128 kbps).

Quote from: rulerbtw, the audio in the background kinda ruins it
Hummm.. I can't ear anything. Gonna see what's happening.

Regards,

ruler

i had audio when i made a search for an iso file, it was just testing it out  ;D  it hasnt happened again though when testing it again.

btw i run the DCHubAd website which can be found HERE if you like i can add your site too it if your site is here to stay? im confident it wil bring you traffic  :)

ruler

i have a suggestion to make, it would be a good idea to list the hub where the files are located making it easier for people to find the hub and file. seems kinda pointless in giving you a TTH and not knowing which hub is can be found  ;D

zero-cool

Quote from: ruleryou like i can add your site too it if your site is here to stay?
While it has some searches for day, it's open. The domain only expires on next summer. ;)

Quote from: ruleri have a suggestion to make, it would be a good idea to list the hub where the files are located making it easier for people to find the hub and file. seems kinda pointless in giving you a TTH and not knowing which hub is can be found
I can't store information about every files. Its to much information. I can just display the hubs where the bots are connected. Could it be?

Here goes a suggestion to hubowners: every time an user search for something (not TTH searches), the hub sends back to mainchat a link already constructed to search on freedc. User just click if he wants to get more results.

CrazyGuy

Quote from: zero-cool on 06 December, 2007, 10:49:52
Here goes a suggestion to hubowners: every time an user search for something (not TTH searches), the hub sends back to mainchat a link already constructed to search on freedc. User just click if he wants to get more results.

You know how many searches are going on ?  :P You'll have a nice screwed up mainchat full with clickable links that only work in 1 particular client . Doesn't sound very appealing to me  :-\

zero-cool

Quote from: CrazyGuyYou know how many searches are going on ?  Tongue You'll have a nice screwed up mainchat full with clickable links that only work in 1 particular client . Doesn't sound very appealing to me  Undecided
I was saying just to send for who searched. Like this:
User -> Hub: Search "blabla"
Hub -> User: Visit <link> to see more results

Most of the searches are TTH searches, right? A response message (just one) to non-tth searches wouldn't use much bandwidth, right?

Regards,

ruler

having extra links posts in main for file searches are not really nessary and i agree with CrazyGuy. if the site becomes popular hub owners wont need to have extra links posted in main just to find a file. what i posted earlier is also something to think about concerning adding the hub location to the searched file result. its a bit like searching for something on google and then google showing you that its found results but not telling you where to get it  ;D if you are using a pinger then it shouldnt be hard to add an address and/or hubname along with the found files.
you have a good idea and personally i think its worth doing but you also need to listen to feedback fro people like us after all you are expecting us to use it  ;)

zero-cool

Quote from: rulerif you are using a pinger then it shouldnt be hard to add an address and/or hubname along with the found files.
Is there any parameter identified by DC++ about the hub where the file is?

ruler

if your using a pinger then the pinger will have all that info, you just need to recover the hub address and/or hub name the same way you get the file name/TTH

zero-cool

Quote from: ruler on 06 December, 2007, 21:05:24
if your using a pinger then the pinger will have all that info, you just need to recover the hub address and/or hub name the same way you get the file name/TTH
I did an wrong quetion. :P What I want to ask is if there is any parameter on magnet link (like xl, dn, mt, urn, etc) to identify the location of the file.
I will try to add hub information this weekend. Next week is done.  ;)

CrazyGuy

Quote from: zero-cool on 06 December, 2007, 20:04:20
Is there any parameter identified by DC++ about the hub where the file is?

Yes, hubname/address is provided in Search result
But mind you that active results are send p2p over UDP and not through the hub  ;)

zero-cool

Quote from: CrazyGuyYes, hubname/address is provided in Search result
But mind you that active results are send p2p over UDP and not through the hub 
Quote from: zero-coolWhat I want to ask is if there is any parameter on magnet link (like xl, dn, mt, urn, etc) to identify the location of the file.
I'm talking about magnet link construction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk