Custom version of freshstuff and snowball need upgrades

Custom version of freshstuff and snowball need upgrades

Started by GameGod, 26 June, 2008, 13:37:07

Previous topic - Next topic

GameGod

I've been holding onto these for a while. Last year I ran a hub at my school and spent a lot of time completely revamping these scripts, thing was before using ptokax I had 0 experience in lua. Anyways after much MUCH trudging along I successfully managed to GREATLY improve both scripts and SNOWBALL has been so thoroughly improved in game mechanics that I feel it is officially complete. Unfortunately I never got around to returning my versions of the scripts to the public despite wanting to for a while now, the main reason was because I could no longer use them with more updated versions of ptokax, and the compatible versions of ptokax we were using was unstable for some reason.

So I'm asking if someone would be kind enough to take the time to update my scripts (I don't really feel any features or changes are necessary however) so that I can officially release Super Snowball War Final to the public. I will put in credits in the file however my personal changes are not listed in the changelog. In snowball at the end of any lines I added there are comments that say -- Custom Code: description and the help command that can be called in-hub gives a listing of the new features. Once the script has been upgraded, however, I will go back and add a changelog.

I am aware that there was already an updated version of snowball however mine I have always felt has been so completely revamped that I felt bad not releasing it sooner and would like to instead offer mine as an alternate final version.

As for freshstuff, there were so many items in the hub that it couldn't replace a regular search, however we found that some of our upper level regulars would always bring into the hub anything asked and so I greatly improved and built the system around 'requests'. I realize there is a certain variation with a few features floating around however I believe mine has covered all the bases in this aspect and would like it too to be upgraded for public release.

Thanks, and sorry for being full of myself i just put a lot of work into these when i had no clue how to work with lua in the beginning so i'm quite proud.

PS:
the help command for Snowball:
ups = ups.."\tThere are new rules and calculations that have been added to Snowball.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tSnowball is a simple amusing game of throwing snowballs at other people in the room for points.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tThe new features of snowball is whenever you hit someone you gain points and rank up.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tYou can now go into hiding by going on 'Liberty' which prevents others from hitting you.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tYou will be on liberty if you've never played before and someone attacks you, just remember to always go back to liberty when your done fighting.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tIn addition you can now purchase upgrades to your player with the points you earned. Misses and spendable points are now seperate so check available upgrades for how much money to spend you have.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tEvery player is equipped with 3 stats: Power, Aim and Shield. All players start at lvl 1 stats and can get up to lvl 10 in all stats!\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tPower is equal to the number of points you get when you hit someone.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tAim increases your accuracy chance and can get above 90 percent!\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tShield decreases other's accuracy chance of hitting you and can get below 10 percent!\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tShields are now more important because if you are hit you lose points equal to your rank (check your scores and rank number for that value).\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\tIf you reach the maximum rank (15) you are no longer allowed on liberty and must defend your title.\r\n"
			ups = ups.."\r\n\tHave fun playing! Oh ya and if you look carefully there's a way to see who's not on liberty in via scores.\r\n"

I also feel the main perfection I implemented into snowball was the new hit calculations, but I'll just explain how everything works and is perfected once I release the final upgraded version.

bastya_elvtars

Why don't you back your changes out and submit them to FreshStuff3 5.x instead?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

GameGod

I rewrote the scripts over a year or two ago. I don't remember all the changes or code I fixed and I barely remember ANY lua anymore. Also I no longer have a hub and the one that superceded me was Yoshi so I don't really have a purpose to rebuild everything myself. I just thought it'd be cool to offer up all the features I implemented for my community a while ago to everyone, and hopefully in so doing get my name somewhere in the credits.

Besides which, snowball is what I care more about upgrading.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk