PtokaX vs YnHub - Page 3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PtokaX vs YnHub

Started by Requiem, 27 January, 2005, 21:07:34

Previous topic - Next topic

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Requiem
I can understand you but bad boyz are always waiting for new hubsofts to find a way to crash, so this means it will never be released? :)
No i not mean never release, but 15.30 is easy to crash with one chat command and this command is available to all users... that's my point  X(
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

OpticaL

people isn't out for crashing hubs they are out for looking for  security holes just to see if the hub program is good so the guy who made the hub software can fix them so we can get a good secured hub software!

Requiem

As long as you don't release better beta versions than the leaked 15.25, I'll hear people saying

Quoteptokax is the WORST ever; can i be honest with you; i made the first ptokax hub killer when i was 14,  im 18 now btw... ...its so easy to take down, so insecure... ...it uses alot of recources, it takes 3x the recources and its so easy to hack, i can hack ptokax in 2 seconds... ...i also found out how to hack ynhub, but im going to work on fixing the hack...

taken from a chat session with smo

If you want to stop this kinda thingz to be told, you should have more beta testers. Notice that he doesn't say "I'll try to fix PtokaX" too.. Why? The answer is so easy to find out.. This is my own idea.

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
QuoteOriginally posted by plop
finaly the 2de port was added in 15.31
Sorry plop but that's not true :]

0.330 build 15.26 [transition build]
------------------------------------
- added: Chat and Commands tracing is included in hub settings
- added: On/Off state of individual script is now stored in scripts.ini in the scripts directory
- added: EXTENDEDPROTOCOL support (PPK)
- added: NoGetINFO support (PPK)
- added: support for various DC tags via ClientTags.dat file. (PPK) TODO: docs!
- added: Secondary hub port
plus the 15.30 you have is fake.
Probably not, if really have 2 workings ports maybe we have another buggy version leaked X(
then we might have just found out a leaker, the ppl who have pta's releases after 15.25 can be counted on 1 hand.
still i can remember pta telling it was added around 15.30/15.31, or maby it worked bug free there.
but anyway thx for correcting my mistake.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

plop

As long as you don't release better beta versions than the leaked 15.25, I'll hear people saying

Quoteptokax is the WORST ever; can i be honest with you; i made the first ptokax hub killer when i was 14,  im 18 now btw... ...its so easy to take down, so insecure... ...it uses alot of recources, it takes 3x the recources and its so easy to hack, i can hack ptokax in 2 seconds... ...i also found out how to hack ynhub, but im going to work on fixing the hack...

taken from a chat session with smo

If you want to stop this kinda thingz to be told, you should have more beta testers. Notice that he doesn't say "I'll try to fix PtokaX" too.. Why? The answer is so easy to find out.. This is my own idea.
because either deflood fixes it or it's fixed in ptokax itself.
the beta's ppk released don't need deflood as all things deflood filters is build into it allready.

ppl talk 2 much about resources without thinking.
if something uses more mem then it's bad, not true in many cases the speed comes from using the extra mem in a good way.
also yhub shows cpu usage differently then ptokax, this seems even harder 2 understand.
beside this the scripts come into count on ptokax, a.i. can do 1-3 with 5% on non risky mode peak, you can forget the 5% peaks on the risky mode, while mean machine needs about 6-10%.
all this on the same user amount/server cpu and connection, but a.i. is a lot bigger (about 12.000 lines).

if you wanna compair ptokax with some other hubsoft then take dch++/verlihub and dcsh.
all those have a lua api, and verlihub prob uses the least amount of resources from all hubsofts.
what i can remember, 12.000 users with 75% cpu on a xeon 2 something, just no idea if they had any scripts/plugin's running.

plop

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Tw?sT?d-d?v

mmm    so what are the back doors to ptokax ......

might be nice to know so ppl can work on fixing these,

been running my hub for about 5-6 months and its building up very nicely.... i would hate for some1 to come in and use these backdoor commands and alter settings ect....

i'm sure their are other ppl out there that feel the same

6Marilyn6Manson6

Sapete perk? il ynhub sta sostituendo il ptokax? Perch? il ptokax sta morendo poich? le nuove versioni del ptokax le usate solo per voi tester... ynhub ogn isettimana crea una nuova versione... e voi del ptokax? Una ogni anno? Il ptokax... ? morto e per colpa solo vostra ciao

6Marilyn6Manson6

English mode:

Do you know why ynhub is going to substitute ptokax? ptokax il going to death because of you testers that don't release new versions but hold them for you, ynhub create a new version every week, and ptokax only once a year, ptokax is going to be dead because of you! good bye!

or

Do you know why the Ynhub is replacing the Ptokax? Because the Ptokax is dying on the contrary it has died for your fault. The new versions of the Ptokax you use only for you Tester ... every week Ynhub creates a new version ... and you of the Ptokax? One every year? The Ptokax ... he has died and for your fault hi

:=p bye

Tw?sT?d-d?v

thats a bit harsh  dont u think

im sure when the ptokax software is ready it will be realsed ....  
no point in having a bit of software that as bugs .......

Quattro

Ynhub is in no way in comparison with ptokax....
The only hub softs which are in comparison as said earlier are verlihub en dch++.
and i think that ptokax and dch++ are competitors as for the advanced hubowners, Potkax is easy to learn easy to use.
dch++ is quite advanced and not so graphical....
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

bastya_elvtars

the new ptokax is gonna be very stable i guess (as far as i know PPK, the very 1st consideration @ him is stability).
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

6Marilyn6Manson6

Yes... it is possible but.... it isn't pubblic version..... and not good for all; good only for tester. Bye

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by 6Marilyn6Manson6
Yes... it is possible but.... it isn't pubblic version..... and not good for all; good only for tester. Bye

You are absolutely right, altho i am not tester.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

6Marilyn6Manson6

OK... if it is therefore... it publishes it this evening to you... ok?

BeeR

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
Ynhub is in no way in comparison with ptokax....
The only hub softs which are in comparison as said earlier are verlihub en dch++.
and i think that ptokax and dch++ are competitors as for the advanced hubowners, Potkax is easy to learn easy to use.
dch++ is quite advanced and not so graphical....

Ynhub is in no way in comparison with ptokax <-- who cares
yn-hub grows fast in popularity because: lots of users !!
there is no official release of ptokax that can match yn-hub & verli in userlimit ,,

Sad but true
A cold BeeR is stunning !!

Requiem

Quotethere is no official release of ptokax that can match yn-hub & verli in userlimit

That is so sadly true.. I set up a new hub today. It is running on YnHub and with 5000 users it does the same job on the cpu as PtokaX does this with 750 users.. PtokaX (0.3.3.0 build 15.25) goes mad with over 500 users. I am sorry to say this, but I think I am gonna have a upgrade soon.. (Or will have a stable and fast PtokaX edition if it comes out fastly)

Server:
Win 2003 Standard
P4 2.4
512 DDR
100 Mbit FD Connection

6Marilyn6Manson6

Quotethere is no official release of ptokax that can match yn-hub & verli in userlimit

That is so sadly true.. I set up a new hub today. It is running on YnHub and with 5000 users it does the same job on the cpu as PtokaX does this with 750 users.. PtokaX (0.3.3.0 build 15.25) goes mad with over 500 users. I am sorry to say this, but I think I am gonna have a upgrade soon.. (Or will have a stable and fast PtokaX edition if it comes out fastly)

Server:
P4 2.4
512 DDR
100 Mbit FD Connection

AMD 2.4 1gb ram Win2000+SP4 Connection:10mbyte

with ptokax 1600 user
with ynhub 3300

bye bye

plop

you guy's should check before posting these things.
nearly all features which reduce bandwidth usage on the hub's are comming from verlihub.
just as verlihub has no guy and you ppl don't take a peek in the mysql database you won't find these bandwidth saver from verlihub.
verlihub hub still has the record for amount of users in a single hub, namely 12.000.
this is something no other hubsoft can reach.

about ptokax beta's.
if ppk would release the current version all he would get from you is loads of complains.
this doesn't work, that doesn't work, bla bla blah.
for example the current version i am running doesn't support lua sockets.
beside this lots of other things are disabled or not working yet.
whats the use of releasing a partial working hub?
pta/ppk want you 2 have a stable hub where all features work, not a unstable hub which can crash any moment or sends out errors.
keep in mind that this isn't a small update, many parts have been completely rewritten or still need 2 be rewritten.
they both have a private life and other projects they work on, give them the time and rest they need and in the end your gonna get a hubsoft you could only have dreamed of.

plop

BeeR

you guy's should check before posting these things.
nearly all features which reduce bandwidth usage on the hub's are comming from verlihub.
just as verlihub has no guy and you ppl don't take a peek in the mysql database you won't find these bandwidth saver from verlihub.
verlihub hub still has the record for amount of users in a single hub, namely 12.000.
this is something no other hubsoft can reach.

about ptokax beta's.
if ppk would release the current version all he would get from you is loads of complains.
whats the use of releasing a partial working hub?
pta/ppk want you 2 have a stable hub where all features work, not a unstable hub which can crash any moment or sends out errors.
keep in mind that this isn't a small update, many parts have been completely rewritten or still need 2 be rewritten.
they both have a private life and other projects they work on, give them the time and rest they need and in the end your gonna get a hubsoft you could only have dreamed of.

plop

You have right above 'bout not force ptokax to be a crapclient like y-hub was/is ,,
but the issue is that (nearly) all of the scripters is recomending TD4 to everybody
* that version is lightyears behind verli and yn-hub *
Requiem started this thread: ptokax vs yn-hub - the choice is easy if TD4 is to be matched against yn-hub ,,

Best Regard :]

BeeR

Correction:

crapsoft like y-hub was/is

??????Hawk??????

Quoteif ppk would release the current version all he would get from you is loads of complains.
if NONE working features are documented as " not working " then i cant see that  anyone would complain about them.
Any complaints/comments on working features could only HELP in the developement.

Quotewhats the use of releasing a partial working hub?

To help in the developement of Ptokax  AND  supportive scripts..

??????Hawk??????

plop

QuoteOriginally posted by ??????Hawk??????
Quoteif ppk would release the current version all he would get from you is loads of complains.
if NONE working features are documented as " not working " then i cant see that  anyone would complain about them.
Any complaints/comments on working features could only HELP in the developement.
this has been done in the past, the best example is 15.24/15.25.
these we only ment for hub's with 800 or more users to check out a new way for memory handling.
several times it has been posted that this failed but still ppl use it on small/big hub's.

QuoteOriginally posted by ??????Hawk??????
Quotewhats the use of releasing a partial working hub?

To help in the developement of Ptokax  AND  supportive scripts..
you don't need the new beta's 2 allready start making scripts for it.
wombat released a lua 5 to 4 converter and you can make the same for the new dataarivals.
and not updates are on the lua api.

plop

??????Hawk??????

Quotethis has been done in the past, the best example is 15.24/15.25.
these we only ment for hub's with 800 or more users to check out a new way for memory handling.
several times it has been posted that this failed but still ppl use it on small/big hub's.

Yup  and  im  one of the ones using it  ..  had my only choise have been one of the earlier versions (TD 4.99 and Below) i would have most likely stuck with VB and been scripting for Sdch.

luckly i was given the link to the old beta site where i got 15.25 and after testing against other hub softs,  decided it was worth changing over to AND learning LUA script from scratch..

Quoteyou don't need the new beta's 2 allready start making scripts for it.
wombat released a lua 5 to 4 converter and you can make the same for the new dataarivals.
and not updates are on the lua api.

yes  i/we  could start scripting in LUA 5  but wher's the result in that...
I personally script for fun and for a result , and the result is what keeps me going..

Maby if when logging in to your hub you was greeted with:-

[02:09] This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.2.6 TestDrive 4  (UpTime: 1 hours, 35 minutes)

You would Share my views...

??????Hawk??????

bastya_elvtars

Dear Sir,

No longer DataArrival, but:

ToArrival(user,data)
ChatArrival(user,data)
ConnecttomeArrival(user,data)

or something similar, i cannot recall PPK's URL on that changelog.

The benefits? There aren't strsub's to be applied for the data and this reduces script resource eating.

Also some new addons:

GetHubTopic
SetHubTopic
GetAliasName -- hub-security alias
SetAliasName

These are features i can remember atm. hese aren't the proper func names but hey, they illustrate the new rocking features of px.  8)

Meka][Meka

'YHHub'

has more holes then a second hand dartboard...
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk