How to make lan users and netusers take each others file list

How to make lan users and netusers take each others file list

Started by ?StIfFLEr??, 29 October, 2008, 18:13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

?StIfFLEr??

Actually we use local LAN to host hubs
i also host the hub on net using no ip/dns updator
Now the hub includes two kind of users
1. those conected via LAN ip(local users)
2. those connected via Net ip(global users)
now the problem is tat people connected via net cant take file list or download files from people connected via lan
and visa versa
is there anyway tat we can make both the section of users take each others file list
if any1 ready to help i can host the hub on net and u can see it so tat u can get better idea
the hub link is
gig.selfip.org

bastya_elvtars

The LAN users have to connect via the internet. So, you have to stop listening on the LAN.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

?StIfFLEr??

sad tat did not help me any way
i wanted to make them work together!!!
anyways thanks for the reply

bastya_elvtars

It cannot work together, since the LAN IPs are not routable and clients of LAN users will report their internal IP on active connections. All LAN users need to be passive in order to download from users outside the LAN.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

?StIfFLEr??

well that helped me understanding it... thanks a lot bustya

Azurious

Ask your isp to provide Public Ips to all users then they can transfer data with net users
http://www.desideshat.com - The World Of Desi Stuff!!!

?StIfFLEr??

well tat wont do any help azuri bcoz we take ip which is automatically taken by the dial up for net and the lan ip is been manually entered and anyways i have found sum new ways to tranfer files between the net and the lan users and its working fine i did tried it myself and a user from ur hub. It has worked

Azurious

well its depends on how u design ur network, In my HuB I have allocated 2 ips to all users 1 is lan ip 10.0.0.0 & other is live ip provided by isp 203.76.00.00 so when users want to communicate with net users they use live ip btw that they get net speed & when they communicate with lan user they use lan ip, they don't have to change any settings for it has been done automatically from dc clients every users connection is direct. anyway can u tell me the other way u have found
http://www.desideshat.com - The World Of Desi Stuff!!!

?StIfFLEr??

abt the new way we can talk on hub m already on ur hub so u can pm me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk