DCH++ - Page 2

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DCH++

Started by RiPOFF, 28 January, 2005, 22:29:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Quattro

QuoteOriginally posted by imby
hehe, ok makes sense :) will it be released finally compiled with an interface, or will it always be like that?

i believe it will be always like this
graphical interfaces use uneccesary memory anyways so.... :D
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

??????Hawk??????

hi peeps  

Quoteokay that's the lame way :P
that way its quite easy to just shut it down by accident
here it comes

Yup Agreed  BUT for script debugging that little black box is a must as all errors are reported to it .. :P  :P

??????Hawk??????

imby

well, that kinda sucks in a way. i think my last question is this, what about security? ptokax has deflood , any decent equivelants for DCH++?

Quattro

dch++ has deflood incorporated into it, check dc dev public regularly...
gets a lot of flooders..
shouting
get out this hub or you all shall die
get out this hub or you all shall die....
alakazam he's gone :P

*edit*
and one of the op's says afterwards: apparantly we didn't die :P
*edit*

(uk-kingdom)John

I can't get OpCom plugin to compile, any ideas on how it's compiled? mine just shows a load of errors when I goto build... :(

oblivion

ok im stupid, how do you get this thing to work  :rolleyes: download this download that...hmm i need an idiots guide  :)
.:::\'][\'  r  ?  ?  ?  ?    :: ][  ?  ?  ?  r  ?  ?  r  ?  \'][\'  ?  ?::::.    

hub address::     oblivion.servebeer.com

the hub

Meka][Meka

dch++ is really bad if u ask me, we tested security  against an old ptokax and dch++, dch++ used more bandwidth, also slowed down terribly, drops connections as they try connect,

as for compiling, for whats going on around with dc clients and the bsa, wud u really trust binaries anyways?  ;)
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

Quattro

QuoteOriginally posted by Meka][Meka
dch++ is really bad if u ask me, we tested security  against an old ptokax and dch++, dch++ used more bandwidth, also slowed down terribly, drops connections as they try connect,

as for compiling, for whats going on around with dc clients and the bsa, wud u really trust binaries anyways?  ;)

I don't know about the bandwith but the memory shouldn't be a problem....
It drops connections from connecting users that try to search before they are fully connected, it's a protection of the users and the hub....

Meka][Meka

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
QuoteOriginally posted by Meka][Meka

I don't know about the bandwith but the memory shouldn't be a problem....
It drops connections from connecting users that try to search before they are fully connected, it's a protection of the users and the hub....

mem is not a prob, cpu isnt a prob, but users that dont search 'tested' are not just being dropped, all connecting users are being dropped whilst its under attacked  :rolleyes:
Do you know what \'nemesis\' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an \'orrible cunt... me.

(uk-kingdom)John

QuoteOriginally posted by oblivion
ok im stupid, how do you get this thing to work  :rolleyes: download this download that...hmm i need an idiots guide  :)

Heres how to get it.

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14674&sid=465662de3a445506eda1baf71896e78f

Read hawks post to find out how to compile it :)

Quattro

originaly posted by meka meka :P
mem is not a prob, cpu isnt a prob, but users that dont search 'tested' are not just
being dropped, all connecting users are being dropped
whilst its under attacked

Could be but when a hub is under attack it shouldn't allow anything in because that would pose a security threat wouldn't it?

*sorry for pagestretching :S*

Meka][Meka

well not really, new ptokax will drop only the attacking ips from the hub, and allow new incoming connections, dch++ begins dropping even none threats, all new connecting ips ;)

imby

ah, what the fuck, i need to burn 3 .bin cds (Microsoft.Visual.Studio.NET.2003.Enterprise.Architect.PROPER-TBE) for something that probably wont even be able to get to work. Thanks, whoevers bright idea it was to do it this way. what a load of unnecessary hassle.

(uk-kingdom)John

follow the guides and you will get it to work..

QuoteThanks, whoevers bright idea it was to do it this way. what a load of unnecessary hassle.
no one asked you to download it or to compile it, you asked how to get it.

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by (uk-kingdom)John

QuoteThanks, whoevers bright idea it was to do it this way. what a load of unnecessary hassle.

I'm sure I will get it to work, if I spend enough time with it. I just wonder for what purpose it is realised like this, and not as one single, compiled file.

??????Hawk??????

I'm sure I will get it to work, if I spend enough time with it. I just wonder for what purpose it is realised like this, and not as one single, compiled file.

Probably  because if you are not Capable of  compiling it  then you " Probably " not capable of configuring it and running it....  Choose another Hub Soft...

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by ??????Hawk??????

Probably  because if you are not Capable of  compiling it  then you " Probably " not capable of configuring it and running it....  Choose another Hub Soft...

There are verli binaries out there, just to mention. OK, the serious way, compiling C/C++ code under windows is a bit hard. Under *nix it's nice. As I don't know anything about C(++), i cannot predict whether the win32 version of gcc can compile it but who knows? :)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

plop

verlihub and dc++ are on sourceforge, which has a special compile farm.
and by using cvs/svn you can release updates a bit faster.
check out the forum from verlihub and you'll see msg's from the crew "get the latest cvs, just fixed it".

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by ??????Hawk??????

That sounds pretty elitist to me. A hubsoft should be geared towards hub owners, not the programming elite. Glad to hear from plop that it was actually done for a decent reason ;) Anyway, I was just upset I had to part with my precious, rare CD-Rs, I really think my comments were taken too seriously.

bastya_elvtars

The whole hubsoft would be easier to compile and test under linux (not suse though.) Thus bug reports would miss a high amount of windows-related complaints.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

??????Hawk??????

Hi imby :))

QuoteThat sounds pretty elitist to me. A hubsoft should be geared towards hub owners, not the programming elite. Glad to hear from plop that it was actually done for a decent reason  Anyway, I was just upset I had to part with my precious, rare CD-Rs, I really think my comments were taken too seriously.

Sorry if you took offence it was not meant in that way..

it just after my experience setting it up it is not the easiest of hub softs to get going and some sort of programing knowledge Certainly Helps..

I was taking a Guess at the reason, Hence the Quoted  " Probably "..

pls never take my wording in posts literally cause my  Typing Sucks  and my grammar is not far behind.  :P  :P

Cheers

??????Hawk??????

Josh_J

I myself tried compiling it while including stlport and the other and I get a weird dll error concerning stlport.

QuoteCompiling...
stdinc.cpp
Compiling...
Util.cpp
TimerManager.cpp
StringDefs.cpp
SocketManager.cpp
Socket.cpp
SimpleXML.cpp
SettingsManager.cpp
ServerSocket.cpp
ResourceManager.cpp
RegistrationManager.cpp
PluginManager.cpp
ManagedSocket.cpp
LogManager.cpp
DCPlusPlus.cpp
CryptoManager.cpp
ClientManager.cpp
Client.cpp
AccessManager.cpp
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'stlport_vc71.lib'

I've searched both the stlport folder, windows itself and even google and can't seem to find the file in question...very strange indeed..no one else gets this error?

*edit*

Please ignore my stupidity, I solved it  :]

Quattro

originaly posted by meka meka :P
mem is not a prob, cpu isnt a prob, but users that dont search 'tested' are not just
being dropped, all connecting users are being dropped
whilst its under attacked

Could be but when a hub is under attack it shouldn't allow anything in because that would pose a security threat wouldn't it?

*sorry for pagestretching :S*

To come back on my post....
I had a flooder in my DCH++ hub several days ago, I think it was a Ptokax Hub destroyer dunno for sure....
But it flooded at 3 posts a second and was pumping my hub full of users and was trying the myinfospam...
The hub used at max 26 MB of memory.....
My computer kept working en i could get the ip of the spammer through the simple log..
I think the hubsoft passed very well...

*edit*
Lost al my users during the attack though
Set my floodtrigger a little faster now
*edit*

Quattro

QuoteOriginally posted by Mutor
take all the fun out of the post, why dont ya :P

As I understand it, theres a GUI in the works, and Im sure a full release is not that far off. Hang in there peeps.

How do you mean a gui?
That would be an exe to graphically display the settings in the xml's, which aren't hard to understand once you use a good xml editor like this one  Look here

plop

To come back on my post....
I had a flooder in my DCH++ hub several days ago, I think it was a Ptokax Hub destroyer dunno for sure....
But it flooded at 3 posts a second and was pumping my hub full of users and was trying the myinfospam...
The hub used at max 26 MB of memory.....
My computer kept working en i could get the ip of the spammer through the simple log..
I think the hubsoft passed very well...

*edit*
Lost al my users during the attack though
Set my floodtrigger a little faster now
*edit*
i call that failing.
what would have happend if you weren't around to stop it?
and the fake myinfo's shouldn't even be posible.
finaly all users got dropped.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk