Ban by mac id

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Ban by mac id

Started by nightcrawler, 10 April, 2012, 19:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

nightcrawler

Hey,
Can any one make a script to ban users by their mac id on a lan only hub.. :-\
Thank u in advance. :)

bastya_elvtars

Note that changing a MAC takes like 1 minute. (I am not dissing the script here, of course.)
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

bastya_elvtars

...and I am sure many are very grateful for this. I just wanted to warn the script requester that this type of protection falls into the 'false sense of security' category. However, if one has a lan where it is not a good idea for clients to change mac addresses (I have managed such a network years ago) for some reason, it can be useful.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Dessamator

Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 14 April, 2012, 17:42:24
...and I am sure many are very grateful for this. I just wanted to warn the script requester that this type of protection falls into the 'false sense of security' category. However, if one has a lan where it is not a good idea for clients to change mac addresses (I have managed such a network years ago) for some reason, it can be useful.

Well, its a simple matter if every user has to register his mac + username, then it will be a headache for the spoofer to change the mac address all the time.
Ignorance is Bliss.

nightcrawler

Hey Mutor,
Thanks for the script. I want des script coz my hub is lan only and people dont change der mac id coz there internet username and password are assosiacted with it. So this is a perfect solution for bad boys. :)

nightcrawler

Btw how to use this script.....i mean what are the commands available :-\

nightcrawler

where is the script which was posted here by mutor

PPK

Mutor and all his scripts were removed, because as he wrote PtokaX is working best without them ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Dessamator

Quote from: PPK on 07 June, 2012, 22:51:05
American Idiot and all his scripts were removed, because as he wrote PtokaX is working best without them ::)

I understand there were disagreements between MՍTOR and others, but removing his scripts does not benefit the community,
nor does "defacing" his nick. He has contributed a lot over the almost a decade, at the very least some respect should be
afforded to him. I hope that future disputes are resolved in a better meaningful manner.
Ignorance is Bliss.

PPK

He show zero respect for thousands hours of my work. Then all what he can get is same respect from me to his work. If he don't have any respect for developer then he have nothing to do here. If he thinks that i'm not created anything then he have nothing to script for, because PtokaX is for him dead for December 2003 and last version is 0.3.3.0 build 25. That is where it ends without me :P
You probably don't see all what he wrote because Psycho was fast and delete that, but it was M utor idea to delete him with all scripts ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Dessamator

Seems like I was misinformed, I didn't know he actually asked to be removed.  Its a shame to loose a good scripter like him, anyway, all good things come to an end.
Ignorance is Bliss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk